View attachment 261344

September

Advanced through to the 3rd round of Dutch Cup

Few Major injuries including Vossen out for 2-3 Months

FC Twente break records with 15 straight league wins and 22 undefeated

Fixtures

FC Twente 2 0 Roda JC
De Jong(1),Chadli(1)

Another solid performance at home, with 29 shots though and only 2 goals it was rather poor but happy with the amount of chances created and the 3 points was most important.

Man Utd 1 1 FC Twente
Vossen(1)

Was a very lucky 1 point, creating only 2 chances and 1 on target was a goal this game mystifies me as to how we didnt get slaughtered but none the less i would happily take the draw

FC Utrecht 1 3 FC Twente
Chamberlain(2),Chadli(1)

Was actually a fialry close game with both teams having a share of chances and possession but out finishing was superior to see of the threat of Utrecht

Achilles'29 0 3 FC Twente (Dutch Cup Rnd 2)
Chamberlain(1),Douglas(1),Saalbach(1)

Made a few changes and was confident that the team would deliver and they did exactly that, good result against an easy opponent

FC Twente 3 0 Ajax
De Jong(1),Vossen(1),Andre(1)

Great result against a very tough opponent, on a great run of form in the league and we are looking very hard to beat

Player of the Month

Has to go to Nacer Chadli this month, been very good this month creating alot of goals as he always does and bagged himself a few.

View attachment 261345

October Fixtures

View attachment 261341
Should be a interesting month with two hard group games which should be a hard challenge, feel confident to keep the great league run going though, should see of the league games with no real problems.

View attachment 262317

October

Injuries pile up for FC Twente with many long term injuries including Luuk De Jong out for 3 months

FC Twente continue strong in league now 25 games unbeaten

Very good run of results in Group B so far

Advanced through to the 4th round of the Dutch Cup

Fixtures

FC Twente 2 0 Schalke
Albin(1),Milambo(1)

Very good result considering even at home we were underdogs and had many key players missing for this game i was very pleased to get all 3 points this game wich gives us real hope of qualifying through this group.

sc Heerenveen 1 3 FC Twente
Douglas(1),Bajrami(2)

Another match with many key players out with injuries but we managed to take our chances and get all three points against an opponent who has proven though to beat in previous games.

FC Twente 3 1 SC Cambuur
Milambo(1),Fer(1),De Jong(1)

Even with a few key injuries i expected to win this game and with De Jong returning from injury it was nice to see him get a goal along with youngster Milambo who has played well as a backup for my main strikers while they have been unavailable due to injuries.

Fenerbahce 0 2 FC Twente
OG(1),Saalbach(1)

Very good 3 points against the team who i feel is similar to our level so to get three points against them in the group is vital, the game was very close but we managed to score two late goals with the help of an inspired performance from the young substitute Saalbach.

AZ 2 2 FC Twente
Milambo(1),Douglas(1)

Was a hard game against a team who were sitting 2nd in the leauge, we got off to a terrible start going in at half time 2-0 down but we managed to pull it together in the second half and pull it back level, not the best game but a great fighting spirit from the team.

FC Twente 7 1 SVZW
Milambo(1),Bacuna(1),Douglas(1),Albin(1),Fer(1),OG(1),Andre(1)

Easy win against a very easy opponent, very good performances from the younger players in a very one sided game.

Player of the Month

Has to go to Douglas who had a very good month, always plays at the top of his game putting in great performances week in week out.

View attachment 262319

November Fixtures

View attachment 262321
Should be a interesting month with 7 games in 4 weeks and with many injuries it will be a real test for FC Twente to keep up the good run of form and get the results they need.

Cheers mate :), real shame what happened with your story :\ you should definitely start a new story :)
I know :( Garcia Martin was quickly becoming my favourite regen. Im going too as soon as I get my laptop back :) got 4 teams in mind, Chelsea, Southampton, Bilbao(again) or West Ham

great story deffo wil follow good luck and well done wining league seems a tough league to be fair tight at the top look better then psv now ajax still be a test

View attachment 263185

November

FC Twente taste defeat after 29 games league games unbeaten

Qualify from a tough Group in the Champions Cup with two games to spare

Fixtures

Telstar 2 5 FC Twente
Chamberlain(1),Albin(2),Milambo(1),Douglas(1)

Was a rather slow start to the game taking us early into the second half to finally get the opener, a game we were strong favourites for and the 5 goals showed the superiority with a inspired performance from substitute Juan Albin.

FC Twente 2 0 Fenerbahce (Champions Cup)
Albin(1),OG(1)

This win saw us qualify through the group with a two games in hand witch i was very pleased with considering the teams in our group, had the upper hand for the majority of the game and expected to get all 3 points infront of our home fans and we did exactly that with a pleasing performance from Juan Albin yet again.

FC Twente 1 1 PSV
Fer(1)

Was rather dissapointed to only walk away from this game with a draw, even though PSV are a very good side i expected to win this game especially with the way we have been playing this season but PSV stuck in and managed to ****** a draw.

Feyenoord 1 2 FC Twente
Chadli(1),Souza(1)

Was another game i felt we could have played better, was looking like it would of finished a rather bore draw with both teams having very little chances but substitute Souza put added a spark to the match when his 35 yard volley in extra time proved to be the talking point of the game and gave us all 3 points witch i was delighted with of course.

FC Groningen 4 3 FC Twente
Vossen(2),Albin(1)

Cant really take much away from FC Groningen in this game they were the better team in a game where both teams dominated in certain parts, this game also saw the return of Vossen who had a good game returning from injury, bit dissapointed that our 29 game unbeaten run is now over but it was about time someone beat us lol!

FC Twente 1 3 Man Utd (Champions Cup)
Vossen(1)

The scoreline in now way reflects the way we played in this game, played well this game to keep up with Man Utd throughout the game and we seemed to be heading for a well played draw but 2 goals in the last 3 minutes of the game gave them all 3 points witch they didn't deserve.

FC Twente 4 0 FC Zwolle
Vossen(4)

Was another game i expected a easy 3 points and we did exactly that, Vossen had a great start to the season and got injured a few months back and i was worried he wouldn't have that sort of form again for a while but he has bounced straight back putting on world class performances and this game was no different as he bagged 4 great goals.

Player of the Month

It has to go to Jelle Vossen the Belgium international has scored 7 goals in 3 games this month, returning from injury with a bang!

View attachment 263190

December Fixtures

View attachment 263192

Big game against Vitesse who are sitting just two points behind us in 3rd place in the league so its a must win to keep one step ahead at the top of the table.

View attachment 263374

November

FC Twente announce upgrade to take place with training facilities

Close call in Dutch Cup

FC Twente will face Arsenal in last 16 of Champions Cup

Fixtures

FC Twente 3 1 Vitesse
Vossen(1),Milambo(1),Albin(1)

This game was a very important place as Vitesse only sat 2 points behind us in a tight top 4 at the top of the table, both teams played well throughout the team but we were able to take our chances to run away as comfortable winners.

Schalke 0 0 FC Twente (Champions Cup)

Wasnt to bothered on how this game turned out but we surprisingly had the upper hand most of the game but just couldnt get that vital goal wich would of won us the game, was expecting Schalke to really go at us as it was a must win game for them to secure 3rd place.

VVV 0 5 FC Twente
Milambo(2),Chamberlain(1),Bajrami(1),Andre(1)

Was a very pleasing result in a game we played very well to continue our great record in the league this season.

FC Twente 2 2 Helmond Sport (5-4P) (Dutch Cup 5th Round)
Vossen(1)Bajrami(1)

A game i felt we should of won easily but as they scored a late goal in normal and extra time they game went to penalties when we finally finished them off to see us through to the quarter finals.

FC Twente 3 0 De Graafschap
Fer(1),Souza(1),Milambo(1)

Another solid win which gives us a well deserved 3 points keeping us top of the table and staying strong.

Player of the Month

Nobody for me really stood out as the best this month but id give it to Rolly Milambo, the youngster has played well when called upon in place of my main strikers when injured showing good potential.

View attachment 263373

December Fixtures

View attachment 263375

Only three games for next month including a rather simple Dutch Cup draw, main talking point will be the arrivial of youngster Giovane.

View attachment 263534

January

Quiet transfer period for FC Twente with two players sold and one brought in

Youngster Giovane finally completes his 5m move from Santos with Luuk De Jong back to full fitness

FC Twente Draw a hard semi-final match in the Dutch Cup away to PSV

Fixtures

Sparta 0 1 FC Twente
Fer(1)

Very frustrating game to watch as we just couldnt seem to find the back of the net with the countless chances we had but in our favour Sparta got a man sent off midway through the second half and we finally beat there keeper on the 87th minute to get all 3 points in this very frustrating match.

Willem II 2 3 FC Twente
Bajrami(1),OG(1),Milambo(1)

Another rather fustrating game full of highs and lows with Willem II getting a very early sending off giving us a chance to push on and find ourselves 2-0 up but as our defence wasn't having a very good good they clawed one back and after we scored the 3rd they scored yet another goal from sloppy defending and with 10 minutes to go we found ourselves down to 10 men also and we had to stick in to hold onto our lead in a dramatic game.

GVVV 0 2 FC Twente (Dutch Cup QF)
Fer(1),Bjelland(1)

Was a solid performance creating lots of chances as i expected but yet again we couldn't seem to score as many as we have due to our poor finishing.

Player of the Month

Although it was only the three games defensive midfielder Leroy Fer had three pretty solid games scoring the winner away to Sparta and opening the scoring in the cup tie, good month for him.

View attachment 263533

Transfers

In

Giovanie - As this signing was already confirmed at the start of the season im glad he has finally arrived to start his FC Twente career and i expect very big things from this highly rated youngster especially at 5m and only being 18 its a risk i was willing to take.

View attachment 263530

Out

View attachment 263527

Anthony Derouard - Never really had a lot of first team action while at the club and with the arrival of Giovane I felt it was time to sell him on as he was no longer needed.

Dwight Tiendalli - As he put in a transfer request and he never got any playing time i felt 600K was a rather good profit for this player.

February
fixtures

View attachment 263536

Two hard fixtures at the end of the month with the home leg against Arsenal where im hoping to get the win and the away game to Ajax witch will be a hard game to get all 3 points.

Giovanne looks like a world beater mate. Well worth the £5M

Giovanne looks like a world beater mate. Well worth the £5M

Hopefully he performs though especially only 18, spending 5m is a big transfer for any player in my eyes with FC Twente so hopefully he brings the good for us, fingers crossed!

Hopefully he performs though especially only 18, spending 5m is a big transfer for any player in my eyes with FC Twente so hopefully he brings the good for us, fingers crossed!
Honestly I would slip him straight into your first team, especially against weaker sides.

KIU mate

View attachment 263660

February

Morocco offer me there position as manager, I reject

Shock in the Champions Cup

Giovane starts his FC Twente career on a high

Results
FC Twente 3 2 NEC
Vossen(3)

A good win yet again for us to ensure we stay at the top of the table, bit dissapointed we gave away 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game but we seen it through to grab the 3 points.

Roda JC 1 3 FC Twente
Chamberlain(1),OG(1),Douglas(1)

Was actually a rather even game witch could of gone either way to be fair but we took our chances and managed to stay one step ahead ensuring we got a comfortable victory.

FC Utrecht 1 2 FC Twente
De Jong(1),Giovane(1)
Was actually a lot harder than it should of been to take all 3 points from this game but im delighted with Giovane as he managed to grab us the winner on his debut for the club

.FC Twente 6 0 Arsenal (Champions Cup)
Giovane(3),Bajrami(2),Bacuna(1)

Absaloutley fantastic result not only to beat Arsenal but to smash six goals past them and pretty much put the tie to bed after one game, we dominated the whole 90 minutes giving them very little chances and Giovane pretty much single handedly destroyed them bagging a hatrick and two assists in an amazing game.

Ajax 3 0 FC Twente

After the high from last game and recent performances this was a very poor result, usually play very well against Ajax and had great spells of chances during the game but just couldn't seem to find the back of the net and Ajax took there chances well running out with the three points, this is also the first game in 57 we have failed to score a goal.

FC Twente 4 0 sc Heerenveen
OG(1),Souza(1),Vossen(1),Giovane(1)

Was important that we bounces straight back following the dissapointing loss to Ajax and we did exactly that, took us early into the second half to finally took the lead and pushed on to score a further 3 goals and run out deserved winners.

Player of the Month

Has to go to new boy Giovane, he has made a massive impact on me after only 4 games getting the winner against FC Utrecht and single handedly destroying Arsenal, grabbing 5 goals this month and at only 18 he will have so much to offer the club if he keeps up the great performances.

View attachment 263656

League Table

View attachment 263657

March Fixtures

View attachment 263658

Big Cup game against PSV witch will be hard to overcome.

Last edited:
View attachment 263876

March

Rollercoaster month for FC Twente

FC Twente Reserves win the league only played 21 games

Yet another poor youth intake

FC Twente to face Man City in the QF of Champions Cup

Thriller in Dutch Cup Semi-Finals

Results

SC Cambuur 1 0 FC Twente

Obviously a terrible result as its a game we should be winning easily and at this stage of the season we couldn't afford to drop points against "easy" opponents, tried putting De Jong and Vossen upfront for this game but just couldn't seem to score the vital goal which has happened to many times recently and is becoming a worry.

FC Twente 2 0 Feyenoord
Chadli(1),Andre(1)

Good result at home where we have played very strong all season, was important to bounce straight back following the defeat last match and the team did exactly that.

Arsenal 5 2 FC Twente (Champions Cup 2nd Leg)
Giovane(1),Vossen(1)

As we had basically finished them off from the first leg i had some worrying concerns during this game where there where signs of Arsenal coming back into the tie but our two away goals settled the nerves, although a 5-2 defeat is a very poor result for me this game was just about getting to the quarter finals and we done that.

AZ 3 0 FC Twente

Another defeat this month has raised some concerns as we now only hang onto first places with very little games left, usually play well against AZ home or away but didn't seem to turn up this game and we payed for it.

Telstar 0 3 FC Twente
OG(1),Fer(2)

Got the 3 points after it took deep into the second half to finally get the opener, 3 points was the main thing after the two losses earlier this month.

PSV 2 2 FC Twente (2-3P) (Dutch Cup SF)
Souza(1),De Jong(1)

Well it was a very very close game and could of gone either way with the score level at 1-1 after 90 minutes and with PSV 2-1 up it looked all over for us but we managed to keep fighting and score with the last kick of the ball in extra time to take the game to penalties where we managed to put ourselves in the final!

Player of the Month

After a rather disgusting month nobody deserves player of the month...

View attachment 263875

Table

View attachment 263874

April Fixtures

View attachment 263872

Its a must win with the remaining league games if we want to win the league and of course we have the very tough two games against Man City.

View attachment 264194

April

FC Twente Under 19's win the league for the 4th time in a row

Well with the Dutch Cup and League very much up for grabs can FC Twente do the double yet again? lets find out...

Fixtures

FC Twente 3 0 FC Groningen
Douglas(1),Milambo(1),OG(1)

With very little games left 3 points was vital and we delivered with a very pleasing result in this home game to stay top of the table.

FC Twente 0 2 Man City (Champions Cup QF 2nd Leg)

Massive underdogs in this game and we failed to create enough chances running out second best against a much superior team.

FC Twente 6 1 VVV
Giovane(3),Andre(1),Souza(1),Douglas(1)

Another fantastic performance from the team bringing the goods when we needed them most to keep us top of the table with 3 games left.

Man City 5 1 FC Twente (Champions Cup QF 2nd Leg)
Milambo(1)

Actually played with a rather weak side as i knew we stood no chance away against Man City and we had to fully focus for the Dutch Cup final and the remaining league games.

FC Zwolle 1 4 FC Twente
Chamberlain(1),Giovane(1),De Jong(1)

Great result once again when its needed, very pleasing to see us stay consistent at the most important part of the season.

PSV 1 0 FC Twente

With the table tight at the top taking no points from this game was a bit gutting, especially as i felt we could have took something from the game if we didn't get a early sending off.

FC Twente 6 2 Feyenoord (Dutch Cup Final)
Giovane(2),Chadli(2),Andre(1),Vossen(1)

Well talk about winning a final in style! totally dominated in what was a fantastic display from our side, deserved to take the Cup for the second year running, great performance by the players.

Vitesse 0 4 FC Twente
Giovane(2),Andre(1)

A great end to the season full of goals against a side who have played very well this year and proved hard to beat at times.

Player of the Month

Has to go to Giovane who has been outstanding since he joined and there was no let down this month scoring 8 goals in 8 games.

View attachment 264191

Table

View attachment 264193

So we did the Double for the second year running! had a pretty solid run in the Champions League also, what did you guys think of this season for FC Twente? Sorry i rushed this post as i was real busy.

Season Awards will be up very soon.

Back