Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

ccc4hris

Reaction score
Not sure if it has been done yet and I know it's a bit early but what do you think is missing in this years version or should be put in nexy years???

My one is:
- on the bench you can see your staff and yourself during match, not just the substitutes as currently

- Controlling how your players act when they're not on the ball. I know you can 'hassle opponents' etc, but I think you should be able to actually position players in different areas of the pitch when the other team are attacking.

would've thought thats what the positioning attribute was for

Ability to 'tag' players on your team for weekly updates by coaches on their development instead of random updates on random players.

Also, being able to set your trial youth to target or select certain types of youths (ie: more athletic/stronger/faster/technically solid/"mature"/etc), or by height-weight (I want 6'0 170lbs minimum), or position (we have excess strikers and don't need anymore).

would've thought thats what the positioning attribute was for

It has something related but it was better if you could organize your team in a 4-5-1 when you have the ball and in a 4-4-2 when you don't for example

Ability to 'tag' players on your team for weekly updates by coaches on their development instead of random updates on random players.
You can request training report for any player in the team anytime you want.

Also, being able to set your trial youth to target or select certain types of youths (ie: more athletic/stronger/faster/technically solid/"mature"/etc), or by height-weight (I want 6'0 170lbs minimum), or position (we have excess strikers and don't need anymore).

That was good and also the countries/towns should produce players of one kind similar as IRL:

In Portugal there are many Wingers so in the game Portugal should produce many wingers aswell and Italy should produce Defender, Brazil atackers ...

It has something related but it was better if you could organize your team in a 4-5-1 when you have the ball and in a 4-4-2 when you don't for example

oops ;P

like that idea of being able to change formations while def cause in real man utd and even barca do it...

You should be able to tell your players to isolate certain players, like if you can see a fullback playing badly, too get at him as he is the weak link!!

I reckon it would be nice to play as a manager already existing. so you can take over a club and continue with the manager they currently have and his reputation. or take over a manager out of work and get a job matching his real life rep.

More hot women!

Staff members that is :L

More hot women!

Staff members that is :L

Stole this from me... ******* XD

And it wasn't as blunt as that. I merely suggested that if a female manager had a high rep and a top job (eg - United, World-Class manager) a higher proportion of female staff should be generated?

Last edited:
Not quite... I want more female staff. You want female regens. Touché. *******! XD

Never mentioned regens. Just pointed out there weren't any female regen faces (and thanked God there wasn't - the regens are bad enough as it is :L)

on the shouts should be a run the clock down rather then having to go into tactics and do it manually. would also like to see a scenario creator i know you can do things in the editor but would prefer something specifically for scenarios i.e you get into the main menu click scenario creator then set the season halfway through and make chelsea underachieve then take over after say 17 games and rescue the season if that makes sense

maybe have randomly generated coach stats for your manager and you can decide if you want yourself to do part of training as some do that whereas other don't.
and maybe ability to build up relationship with chairman so your less likely to be fired or get money for a player