Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

Also, another good addition would be having the ability to talk to your players privately at half time. Like if a certain player has struggled, or has done really well, you can give them a private talking into, instead of the whole team or just defense, attack or midfield.

.... thats in 12, and was in 11, 10 and all games featuring team talks. You just use the dropdown along from their name instead of the one under positions etc

1. being able to see your manager walking along the touchline

2. being able to tell your players to warm up, and watching them warm up

3. being able to tell players what to do specifically when they get on the pitch (player instructions but more detailed)

I still want the opportunity to choose your own favorite playstyle, formations etc when you create your manager, instead of the usual preset 4-4-2 etc.

players suffer from personal things, like absence due to wife giving birth or drop in form due to *** scandel

No sports game developers with real life licensed players in their games are allowed to put off the field scandals in their games.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to see me on the touchline, have options at the start of what you do like, the aVB stance, stand on the touchline (O'Neil like) or sit down the whole match, have animations of you giving instructions when you use a shout. Could use wages to customise the manager, start of in a simple tracksuit and with wages you can buy suits, touchline stances, etc...

The idea of what your club looks for in youth is a good idea.

Also like the variation in on and off the ball formations.

Isolating players as well, opposing team may have a weak link so I want to exploit it or try and get a player sent off.

Scenarios would be fun to do as well, perhaps from previous seasons. Like FM 12 could have "keep Blackpool in the Prem in 15" for example.

The interview idea for jobs is good, implementing things like what the board want and how you would try and achieve things and what you would do with the squad, signings, how much money you would need, etc. This should be options on new contracts as well for managers, as someone said about adding clauses like "build a new stadium" or "more transfer money". I think this would be really good and could affect staying or leaving a club more.

I would like to be able to start as an Assistant Manager, would make for a good tutorial style start to the game and you could have options like go lower down to manage or stick it out and hope your manager gets sacked and you have a chance to impress. The board could offer a 5/10 game contract where you have to get a set number of points to get the job.

No sports game developers with real life licensed players in their games are allowed to put off the field scandals in their games.

some one on here had Michael chopra out for 2 years with a gambling problem, and if not allowed then maybe only to regens

Another good idea for next years one would be the able to be caretaker manager so you can try and stake a claim for the real thing

I thinks its obvious that you get more intrest from your wage budget compared to the transfer budget.
In RL it must be the same. You know when you have to pay the wages each month and you can
put the surplus on a bank deposit for several months to earn more intrest.

The transfer budget can be spend daily when have signed a new player. So this money can't be put
on a deposit account for months.

The only thing I am missing is the Investment Budget. Money you put aside not to buy players and
pay wages, but to build a new stadium, training complex, ..... In RL you are planning this ahead and
you can earn more intrest than both the above budgets since you can put them in deposit for a few
years (by normal intrest conditions on the market).

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this would be great to have in the game.​

I find it quite annoying how some players refuse to even discuss a contract because your team isnt "reputable" enough, so they could put something in where you can discuss with the player/representatives what your plans are and how they fit in and try to convince them to join your club as happens IRL.

Also can they please fix it so that the ball can't bounce of the advertising boards and bounce back through the net. Its quite annoying when I think ive scored but havnt.

Also maybe putting more emphasis on Deadline Day. E.g - News items on rumors flying around, reporters claiming to see players at your stadium etc... I think that would make it quite exciting.

I still want the opportunity to choose your own favorite playstyle, formations etc when you create your manager, instead of the usual preset 4-4-2 etc.

It will after the first season

I've noticed a feature SI have removed, it may have already been mentioned:

Manager/Player/Goal of the Month.

some players have the white socks over their long socks or sock tape up them like in real life

I think they removed that feature which allowed you to search for free transfer players in the search bar, I have been trying to find some great free transfer(in FM10 and 11 I would easily find great free players) players, but instead I had to go to the internet to specificaly find player names and specificaly search him and then try to offer them contracts...

SI need to play FIFA Manager 2012 and take things from there :)

.... thats in 12, and was in 11, 10 and all games featuring team talks. You just use the dropdown along from their name instead of the one under positions etc

It's not as precise as id want it, you dont get a heck of a lot of options.

It's not as precise as id want it, you dont get a heck of a lot of options.

In this one you do with the tone system... I fail to see it as a feature in dire need of an upgrade.

The feature i mostly want improved, is the actual 3D engine. Id love to see realistic crowds, chants, stadiums.

Then again, i doubt it, FIFA's crowds are barely good enough.

I'd like to see more symbols on the highlights bar when in play - example - off-side flag for ruled off-side goals. different coloured ball for a disallowed goal. This would make it much easier to find and view incidents.

2 lines to appear for off-side hilights. One showing the attacking player and one for the last man. I rarely make referee remarks in FM because on the rare occasions I do I get warned/fined.

Full attribute profile for us as managers - Just like the other AI managers.

Have a brief report qouting major incidents and how the ref did - Again, it might mean we can question referees in the press without come back.

The ability to chart a players attribute progress via a side by side screen comparison of A - start of game/life (if regen) B - Now
The graphics bar is not good enough. I'd like to be able to compare a side by side of their attributes and see for myself as it's really hard to remember what they were on when you brought them. Hope that makes sense. Certainly easier than creating screen shots for yourself.

Last edited: