i have macheda in my middlesbrough season and i am in my 5th season so he is at a pretty good age and he has ben loaned in the previous 2 season i had him...

first season i loaned him to franfurt where he had played 17 games and scored 8 goals

then he stayed there on another season long loan whre he played 29 games including uefa cup and other comps and then scored 20 goals in the season.

after i brought him back i played him in all my pre season games up front by himself where he played 9 pre season and scored 9 then due to injuries he had to play the first 4 games of my season where scored goals one of which was against manchester united. so he is looking good for me

all i know is that his alue has gone up from 2 million to 5 million

I think in real life he's been bigged up and im a man utd fan as always when a top 4 team unearth a good player the media hype the thing up so big.
In fm i have got him on loan at leeds will report back on his progress if anyone wants to know good to get some banter about managers even though the topic was about Macheda lol ha ha ha

Lets be fair kid took his chance wheen it came plus he'd been playing quite well for manu juniors and reserves just<!-- / message --> needed his chance and he took it well. best of luck to him.

Better than Berbatov already. £30 million on that **** of ****. Lazy, arrogant, slow and a big time charlie and thats coming from a Man Utd fan. Decent touch and he's worth 30million? Goes down with Fergies worst signings such as djemba djemba, kleberson and Taibi.

Better than Berbatov already. £30 million on that **** of ****. Lazy, arrogant, slow and a big time charlie and thats coming from a Man Utd fan. Decent touch and he's worth 30million? Goes down with Fergies worst signings such as djemba djemba, kleberson and Taibi.

Bet you weren't saying that the day we signed him, or the days when he's scored the winner for us?

I also bet you were also one of the people slating Vidic when we signed him, but are now hanging out of the back of him...

As for Kiko, he played well when he came on, and he was awarded Sky MOM, just goes to show how poor everyone else played on the day! Having watched him play for the reserves this season he's definately one for the future, but he's only 17 and can only get better! Everyone knows what the media's like, always making a mountain out of a mole hill, take everything with a pinch of salt and use your common sense...

he scores one goal and now hes the next big thing lets see how he copes with the pressure everyones putting on him see if he can handle it

lol, look at neil mellor, scored one goal against arsenal, what has he done since?

lol, look at neil mellor, scored one goal against arsenal, what has he done since?

That's the difference between any other managers and Sir Alex and Arsene Wenger. These two great managers know how to protect and develop the talent, shielding them and allowing them to grow as a player and person.

For Kiko, the talent is there for all to see, but how he deals with this instant fame is crucial... and there is no better manager and club to be in to ensure that he fulfill his potiential.

Stop talking bollocks rkeane16. Rafa's background is in youth players and development.

Stop talking bollocks rkeane16. Rafa's background is in youth players and development.

Was Neil Mellor under the tutolege of Rafa?? Was I even talking about Rafa in that post?

Anyways, in his 5 years in Liverpool, who are the youngsters that he brought in or nutured from the acedemy to become superstars? Arsene has Cesc, Viera, Henry and now you see the likes of Sagna and Clichy coming thru. Sir Alex has a host of them.. Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, C Ronaldo, the Nevilles, I can go on and on.. even Gazza has acknowledge the fact he might turn out differently if he went to Man United.

Yea, he learns the trade as a youth coach from the age of 26 spending about 10 years there, but that means nothing in relation to my post.

What i was trying to say is.. Macheda has got the talent and he is at the right club to achieve his potiental.

Lee went looking for a bite and caught a big one...

this kid has been hyped up to much, alright he scored one good goal but the press are going way over the top, 'strike sensation macheda' LOL

Yea I agree with that,just because he scored one amazing goal at a amazing moment doesnt mean hes the new wonderkid,he have to show alot more than just one goal,although it is a **** of a start yeah.

Same goes for nani I thought he would become a worldclass player like ronaldo aswell first couple times I saw him,who had thought he ended up on the bench every game,I still think he can become a a worldclass player though but just pointing out how things can go

Last edited:
Anyways, in his 5 years in Liverpool, who are the youngsters that he brought in or nutured from the acedemy to become superstars? Arsene has Cesc, Viera, Henry and now you see the likes of Sagna and Clichy coming thru. Sir Alex has a host of them.. Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, C Ronaldo, the Nevilles, I can go on and on.. even Gazza has acknowledge the fact he might turn out differently if he went to Man United.

Oh dear. I don't think I can even dignify that with a response, maybe someone else will care to explain what a stupid point you just made.

Did you see his goal today, once again he bailed out Man Utd so I don't think the lad can be all that bad...

u cant say fergie is responsible for ronaldo and u cant say wenger is responsible for sagna as the wer bought bought into the club as first team players now u can say vela 14 yr old or beckham from the youth teams and giggs.

u cant say fergie is responsible for ronaldo and u cant say wenger is responsible for sagna as the wer bought bought into the club as first team players now u can say vela 14 yr old or beckham from the youth teams and giggs.

Also isn't Sagna 26/27?

macheda scored a cracker against villa cant take that away from the kid but against sunderland man u were very lucky to win they hardly dominated and the kid got lucky it just hit him and it went in does this mean hes gona be the worlds best cos he has scored two on the trot no it doesnt. yea fergie is a good manager infact it pains me to say it he is probly the best and man u do have a good youth system good luck to the kid when he moves to real or barca that is lol

Well right there you showed your football knowledge:
Arsenal: Sagna- Auxerre
Clichy- Cannes
Henry- Monaco
Fabregas- Barcelona
Man.United: Ronaldo- Sporting Lisbon

Liverpool also has decent players from their academy(gerrard, carragher etc..) although they were not brought in by Rafa

okay, but fabregas and clichy were bought when they were young, deffiently fabregas, you can't say barcelona made him when he joined arsenal and made his first appearance at a very very young age, henry was a ready made player with potential to be better, but agreed with sagna, he was already made, we just brought him to the prem.