Ferguson blanks media after game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 6K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson refuses to speak to media rights holders after Manchester United's match at Liverpool on Sunday.

More...

I just love how Fergie thinks he's god over things like this. One rule for him and another for everybody else. Grow up Fergie!

Match of the day was funny... Just showed an advertisement board XD

I just love how Fergie thinks he's god over things like this. One rule for him and another for everybody else. Grow up Fergie!

He is under no contract to talk to anyone...... The only game he must talk to the media is european games, and he does.......

Well done Fergie. Creating Us vs the world atmosphere, exactly what we needed. Diverted all the attention towards him to protect the players. Supeb management..

Well done Fergie. Creating Us vs the world atmosphere, exactly what we needed. Diverted all the attention towards him to protect the players. Supeb management..

They need protecting too, they have been distastrous of late, no wonders theres big rumours of a complete overhaul of the squad, they've been no good all season, and there no good now. If you win the league it's not because you deserved it, it's because of other teams being stupidly silly in there results. MANCHESTER UNITED...The most lucky team in England

They need protecting too, they have been distastrous of late, no wonders theres big rumours of a complete overhaul of the squad, they've been no good all season, and there no good now. If you win the league it's not because you deserved it, it's because of other teams being stupidly silly in there results. MANCHESTER UNITED...The most lucky team in England

Team that wins the league deserves. We are not responsible for other teams bieing ****. The team that wins the league is better over the course of the season. Stop being bitter.

No one is good? Watch few matches before posting about players.

I wouldn't go quite that far to say they've been disastrous or no good all season. Granted they haven't been at their best all season but that's football. If they win the league it will be because they deserve it because the other teams wouldn't have deserved it for mucking up. You can't call them lucky.

As Ferguson is snubbing the BBC, the BBC should snub him and his club by not showing show any of Man Utd's live games or highlights!

This is ridiculous. I supported Ferguson in his spat with the BBC, even though I had my misgivings. This, however, is stupid. He's being childish and throwing a tantrum. He says its because people gave too much coverage to his words. Maybe if he stopped to think WHY they did, he would realise that what he said was unfair and unwarranted, and it shouldn't have been said in the first place. The blame for this lies entirely with Ferguson, and he's trying to blame it on the media.

Poor show.

A ridiculous comment, if we win the league, it will because we are the better team, no other reason.

As Ferguson is snubbing the BBC, the BBC should snub him and his club by not showing show any of Man Utd's live games or highlights!

And watch there rating plunder... Thank god theres systems in place to stop people like you, ever having any power or value in this great society.

This is ridiculous. I supported Ferguson in his spat with the BBC, even though I had my misgivings. This, however, is stupid. He's being childish and throwing a tantrum. He says its because people gave too much coverage to his words. Maybe if he stopped to think WHY they did, he would realise that what he said was unfair and unwarranted, and it shouldn't have been said in the first place. The blame for this lies entirely with Ferguson, and he's trying to blame it on the media.

Poor show.

Now, here is a comment worth reading.

Fergie is in a **** if he does and damned if he doesnt scenario because of who he is, if he gives his honest opinion, he would get slammed and blasted. If he came out and said what he and most people thought about the carragher tackle for example, he would get charged. So what is the point if you cant speak your mind?

Poor show.

This is what i read..

Fergie could be in trouble if Sky, BBC or Talksport complain to the Premier League about United blanking them.

Apparently the main reasons why he stopped any interactions with the media were because of the Smalling/hotel stuff (which was apparently rubbish), the whole FA charge and the media's reaction to Rooney's elbow vs Wigan.

No doubt he wants to create a siege mentality amongst the players aswell.

I wont blame him aswell. Media writes **** and they will try to pounce on every word that comes out of his mouth. Remember how whole media twisted his words and published "Fergie called Torres a cheat".

Now, here is a comment worth reading.

Fergie is in a **** if he does and damned if he doesnt scenario because of who he is, if he gives his honest opinion, he would get slammed and blasted. If he came out and said what he and most people thought about the carragher tackle for example, he would get charged. So what is the point if you cant speak your mind?

Fair. That point is undoubtedly a problem with the media itself rather than Ferguson, although if you were allowed to speak your mind with everything it could lead to rather unsavoury consequences.

This is what i read..

Fergie could be in trouble if Sky, BBC or Talksport complain to the Premier League about United blanking them.

Apparently the main reasons why he stopped any interactions with the media were because of the Smalling/hotel stuff (which was apparently rubbish), the whole FA charge and the media's reaction to Rooney's elbow vs Wigan.

No doubt he wants to create a siege mentality amongst the players aswell.

I wont blame him aswell. Media writes **** and they will try to pounce on every word that comes out of his mouth. Remember how whole media twisted his words and published "Fergie called Torres a cheat".

Maybe the media does write ****, but he, like every other manager in the Premier League, has more or less an obligation to talk to them. Creating a siege mentality can be accomplished without being basically rude to the media - Mourinho for example.

It's a non story really..

It says the decision was made before the game, so he would of done the same thing had we won.

Fair. That point is undoubtedly a problem with the media itself rather than Ferguson, although if you were allowed to speak your mind with everything it could lead to rather unsavoury consequences.

Hence why i dont speak my mind on everything, sometimes i stay quiet and dont speak at all... Or i would get in trouble. Same surely applys to ferguson here. he hasnt commented due to him knowing it might get him in trouble. Surely this is the smart thing to do, rather then bring the game into more bad light. In a week of woes for the game.

Maybe the media does write ****, but he, like every other manager in the Premier League, has more or less an obligation to talk to them. Creating a siege mentality can be accomplished without being basically rude to the media - Mourinho for example.

Problem is with this mentality. Why should Manager talk to media when they are not allowed to give their honest opinion or what they feel about any incident. What is the point of plastic words like "I dont want to comment on it" or "I didnot see it".

This is as good as scripted interviews. Manager should talk to please FA without ounce of truth..

And Jose is as rude as they get.. He is Media darling to make sensational stories and also he is always hated by media and viceversa,
His stay in Italy was horrible with media.

well if you don't have anything smart to say-shut up,so this is fair play by fergie...he talked too much recently anyways

Problem is with this mentality. Why should Manager talk to media when they are not allowed to give their honest opinion or what they feel about any incident. What is the point of plastic words like "I dont want to comment on it" or "I didnot see it".

They are allowed to give their honest opinion on matters, as long as they do it respectfully.

They are allowed to give their honest opinion on matters, as long as they do it respectfully.

Ferguson, said he feared the worst about the ref on tuesday and said he wasnt a strog ref, which he wanted. Now, he has said that in the most respectful way he can, yet he got charged.....

Back