Ferguson blanks media after game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 6K
They do have such a contract for Premier League games. What a rule agreed by the Premier League would do is allow for Premier League financial sanctions to be taken, rather than it being a dispute between broadcaster and team. Although there is actually a rule already in place which says the same thing but has an ultimate outcome of 'disciplinary action' being taken for failing to provide staff and players for interview to broadcasters.

So Fergie and Manchester United have gone against the FA...? Well they will get punished then.. If they are happy with that, it is none of anyones business then.

So Fergie and Manchester United have gone against the FA...? Well they will get punished then.. If they are happy with that, it is none of anyones business then.

Not FA, Premier League - would have to check rules for specific sanctions currently available (would imagine its points docked rather than financial currently - that's why new rule is being discussed), and that's only if one of the broadcasters make a specific complaint. Other option is for broadcaster/s to sue PL and club for breach of contract.

Not FA, Premier League - would have to check rules for specific sanctions currently available (would imagine its points docked rather than financial currently - that's why new rule is being discussed), and that's only if one of the broadcasters make a specific complaint. Other option is for broadcaster/s to sue PL and club for breach of contract.

So as things currently stand, All that can happen is some sort of financial penalty, rather then points deducted? So if Fergie/ United are happy to pay it, then why not.

So as things currently stand, All that can happen is some sort of financial penalty, rather then points deducted? So if Fergie/ United are happy to pay it, then why not.

As things stand, the broadcasters need to complain and the disciplinary procedure will involve points deduction. Or the broadcasters sue and there's a financial penalty. Or both. Whether or not the broadcasters will have the brass ones to go that far is another thing altogether, let alone whether the Premier League would actually deduct points for this.

As things stand, the broadcasters need to complain and the disciplinary procedure will involve points deduction. Or the broadcasters sue and there's a financial penalty. Or both. Whether or not the broadcasters will have the brass ones to go that far is another thing altogether, let alone whether the Premier League would actually deduct points for this.

Okay i think i now get all these rules, Thanks.. basically Fergie/ United will get a slap on the wrists if anything, cause Sky wont want to make an enemy out of United.

Okay i think i now get all these rules, Thanks.. basically Fergie/ United will get a slap on the wrists if anything, cause Sky wont want to make an enemy out of United.

Or you could end up with a couple of points docked by the Premier League. My money is on not a lot happening for the moment with financial penalties being rushed through for next season.

Back