Ferguson blanks media after game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 6K
They are allowed to give their honest opinion on matters, as long as they do it respectfully.

Like saying "I have nothing to say about the incident" and skip the question?

Ferguson, said he feared the worst about the ref on tuesday and said he wasnt a strog ref, which he wanted. Now, he has said that in the most respectful way he can, yet he got charged.....

He did not say it in the most respectful way. He said "It was a major game for both clubs and you want a fair referee", which I think implies that he believes Atkinson was not a fair referee, and therefore questioning his integrity, which is unacceptable. "I must say that when I saw who was refereeing it, I feared the worst" also hints at his belief that Atkinson was not impartial. I don't think either of those comments were respectful to the referee, which was my original point.

Like saying "I have nothing to say about the incident" and skip the question?

No.

They are allowed to give their honest opinion on matters, as long as they do it respectfully.

Well to be fair, Ferguson's honest opinion is that the Ref wasn't a good one. And I think what he said was more respectful then saying "This ref is ****, I wanted a half decent one".

He did not say it in the most respectful way. He said "It was a major game for both clubs and you want a fair referee", which I think implies that he believes Atkinson was not a fair referee, and therefore questioning his integrity, which is unacceptable. "I must say that when I saw who was refereeing it, I feared the worst" also hints at his belief that Atkinson was not impartial. I don't think either of those comments were respectful to the referee, which was my original point.

It was his honest opinion put in a more respectable way then what he was thinking. Imagine if your team were on the end of what Man Utd suffered during the Chelsea game. A player staying on the pitch when he clearly should of been sent off, An incredibly soft penalty and your best defender being red carded for something stupid (which I'd admit isn't really the ref's fault but still annoy's a manager).

Last edited:

No.

That is how Fergie felt and he said the same when asked about decisions. He can't say those were fair decisions or Atkinson is good enough for high profile games. He was **** and was called one.

And it the same interview he goes on to say

"You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that."

which you fail to mention...... So basically he was after a stronger ref then Atkinson, Who lets not forget made a howler to cost us the game... The common folk would and was saying a lot worse then that.

You're allowed to complain about calls just not the integrity of the ref, which SAF did. He could have complained this time around as long as he didn't insult the ref...but he made the decision before the game, so this argument is irrelevant. He is doing it to boycott the media for this whole FA thing, and I definitely think he's in the wrong. Pretty much everyone here, for example, believed he was right to be punished by the FA for his comments. So for him to go and not talk to the media after that is unfair. Also, he's been dealing with the media for 25+ years though, so he should know how to do this...

Great society? Ha! You really ARE a troll!

I guess that is aimed at me, not 100% as your inability to quote..... So to you sir, i say thank you for backing up my point so brilliantly.

This picture was taken on the Anfield pitch after the game yesterday, anyone any idea's who it belongs to? It has the initials SAF on it.

DSC03097-thumb.jpg

You're allowed to complain about calls just not the integrity of the ref, which SAF did. He could have complained this time around as long as he didn't insult the ref...but he made the decision before the game, so this argument is irrelevant. He is doing it to boycott the media for this whole FA thing, and I definitely think he's in the wrong. Pretty much everyone here, for example, believed he was right to be punished by the FA for his comments. So for him to go and not talk to the media after that is unfair. Also, he's been dealing with the media for 25+ years though, so he should know how to do this...

He wanted a stronger ref.... Which is fair enough. Atkinson is a brilliant ref for the home side, if the crowd get on his back, he seems to buckle and give into pressure.. Which for Chelsea V United is no ****** good.

With 25 plus years experience, he knows how to do, and he is doing exactly that..

I don't believe he should be punished. Maybe warned yes, but not punished. There is no excuse for how the Ref failed to send of Luiz. And considering the ref in question has had some criticizes in the past for bad Referring, even being demoted for a week, Fergie has every right to question the decision to let him Ref a big match like Man Utd vs Chelsea.

Guardiola called Ref a "Liar", didn't see any fuss over that. God people just like to read about Manchester United and the staff. Media cant sell a paper without ManUtd name. Such a shame..

Guardiola called Ref a "Liar", didn't see any fuss over that. God people just like to read about Manchester United and the staff. Media cant sell a paper without ManUtd name. Such a shame..

Wenger on saturday called the reffing decisions "Disguisting" on saturday...........

I don't believe he should be punished. Maybe warned yes, but not punished. There is no excuse for how the Ref failed to send of Luiz. And considering the ref in question has had some criticizes in the past for bad Referring, even being demoted for a week, Fergie has every right to question the decision to let him Ref a big match like Man Utd vs Chelsea.

Pretty much everyone, including all the ManU fans, said that he was in the wrong in this situation...sure the ref was terrible, but you criticize the decision, you don't go and make a remark that he isn't fit to ref such a big game.

With 25 plus years experience, he knows how to do, and he is doing exactly that..

But he made the decision before the game, it isn't some master plan to get the pressure off his players after the loss, it's simply because he is angry about the FA. A little bit childish, I think.

But he made the decision before the game, it isn't some master plan to get the pressure off his players after the loss, it's simply because he is angry about the FA. A little bit childish, I think.

no it is his Master Plan to create and Us V the world mentality. This will make the players closer and more determined.

Wenger on saturday called the reffing decisions "Disguisting" on saturday...........

The decisions, not the ref. There's a big difference. Come on, all of the sensible ManU fans afterwards admitted that Ferguson was in the wrong this time.

lot of bitter united fans here...for chelsea game there is only one thing to say,rooney should be suspended...instead he played and scored a goal so even if ref damaged you in that match,he helped you against wigan so...its like 1:1 ref vs ferguson and one other thing this season manchester had lot more help than damage from referees so you should stop this pointless arguing oO)

Back