Ferguson blanks media after game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 6K
lot of bitter united fans here...for chelsea game there is only one thing to say,rooney should be suspended...instead he played and scored a goal so even if ref damaged you in that match,he helped you against wigan so...its like 1:1 ref vs ferguson and one other thing this season manchester had lot more help than damage from referees so you should stop this pointless arguing oO)
or maybe you should understand the point rather than call united fans bitter....oO)

The decisions, not the ref. There's a big difference. Come on, all of the sensible ManU fans afterwards admitted that Ferguson was in the wrong this time.

I never said he wasnt in the wrong. i have freely admitted on this forum that he was wrong....

Still wenger is surely bringing the game in dispute by insulting a refs decision, what does that imply.......

no it is his Master Plan to create and Us V the world mentality. This will make the players closer and more determined.

Whatever you say, but if I were a player I wouldn't quite buy into it if my manager was in the wrong. And I wouldn't say it's the world vs. ManU, considering they're by far the biggest club in England with the world's largest fanbase.

or maybe you should understand the point rather than call united fans bitter....oO)

well it's because you are....too much biased to fergie,he is not ALWAYS RIGHT...if he thinks the referees are so bad perhaps he should quit manchester united and begin refereeing?maybe he could done it better?...

That is how Fergie felt and he said the same when asked about decisions. He can't say those were fair decisions or Atkinson is good enough for high profile games. He was **** and was called one.

Maybe the decision made wasn't fair, but SAF's wording implies that the referee was not impartial. That, for me, is questioning his integrity which is unacceptable, and deserves to be punished.

And it the same interview he goes on to say

"You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway - and we didn't get that."

which you fail to mention...... So basically he was after a stronger ref then Atkinson, Who lets not forget made a howler to cost us the game... The common folk would and was saying a lot worse then that.

I didn't mention it as I thought it might be more convenient to quote particular parts of the interview, rather than working through every single sentence which would be a considerable waste of time. Since you've brought it up I'll comment anyway. In my opinion the sentence you have quoted questions the referee's impartiality. I think the referee tried to officiate to the best of his abilities, so to cast doubt over his overall fairness is not good. Everyone can make mistakes. Don't forget refereeing is a very difficult job, and it's impossible to see everything that happens.

As to you and Sunil's whinge that other managers get away with it, just because other managers say it doesn't make it any more acceptable. I think Wenger and Guardiola should both be punished for their comments as well.

well it's because you are....too much biased to fergie,he is not ALWAYS RIGHT...if he thinks the referees are so bad perhaps he should quit manchester united and begin refereeing?maybe he could done it better?...
sigh. have you read the thread ore are you just making ridiculous jibes? because i dont take kindly to trolls of any kind.

he is right t blank the media, he isnt right to criticise the refs integrity. at what point does that make any united fan bitter? it does tell me that at the very least you miss the point entire;y

I never said he wasnt in the wrong. i have freely admitted on this forum that he was wrong....

Still wenger is surely bringing the game in dispute by insulting a refs decision, what does that imply.......

Well yeah, but the difference is he implied it.

Even Wenger criticized Ref when Chelsea won 3-0, saying ref's decisions were unfair. Yes he talked about decisions, still is that not questioning Ref's ability?

And Jose said Ref was unfair to Madrid when they drew 0-0 against Almeria.

Where was all the media ga ga then? No this is Ferguson who has said this, so this should be in the backpages..

Should sack Ferguson and get Kinnear in, at least his strops are entertaining.

Even Wenger criticized Ref when Chelsea won 3-0, saying ref's decisions were unfair. Yes he talked about decisions, still is that not questioning Ref's ability?

And Jose said Ref was unfair to Madrid when they drew 0-0 against Almeria.

Where was all the media ga ga then? No this is Ferguson who has said this, so this should be in the backpages..

No, it's not. A great referee can make bad decisions, just like a player or manager. Everyone makes mistakes. Ferguson didn't do that though, he questioned the ref's very ability/integrity and said he was mad when he found out before the game that he'd be the referee.

Mancini accused FA, saying ManUtd gets special treatment from FA. Is that not questioning the integrity of whole league? He was not even questioned about it.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

No, it's not. A great referee can make bad decisions, just like a player or manager. Everyone makes mistakes. Ferguson didn't do that though, he questioned the ref's very ability/integrity and said he was mad when he found out before the game that he'd be the referee.

Guardiola did that.He called Ref a liar, which is questioning his integrity.
Jose said Ref was unfair to Madrid when they drew 0-0 against Almeria.
Mancini questioned FA's integrity.

So why were not crucified and didn't make all the papers backpages?

I agree that whenever it is Ferguson or United everything gets blown way out of proportion. I don't really care whether he talks to the media or not it's his call.

Yes he was wrong to say what he did about the ref in the Chelsea game but the decisions were disgraceful. And Wenger, Guardiola and every other manager that says similar should be punished for the comments they've made. That's not the point of this thread though, that's been discussed.

He has every right not to talk to the media if he wants to. It's his prerogative. Would the media care if it had been anyone else? No.

Isn't this a disciplinary matter? It's pathetic from Ferguson again. Apparently the decision not to talk to the media, including MUTV was taken BEFORE the game, because Fergie is upset MUTV broadcast his words instead of leaving it out..

It's one thing not talking to the BBC because they investigated his son (apparently with every reason) and getting your assistant to do it, but not talking at all to anyone?

Isn't this a disciplinary matter? It's pathetic from Ferguson again. Apparently the decision not to talk to the media, including MUTV was taken BEFORE the game, because Fergie is upset MUTV broadcast his words instead of leaving it out..

It's one thing not talking to the BBC because they investigated his son (apparently with every reason) and getting your assistant to do it, but not talking at all to anyone?
oh for christ's sake how is it pathetic, he doesnt have to talk to the press. the only people who need worry about any fine is him and United

oh for christ's sake how is it pathetic, he doesnt have to talk to the press

I'm pretty sure he does. The FA keep saying they're going to fine/look into SAF ignoring the BBC and the decision was taken pre-match, so saying that he's doing it to avoid someone saying something stupid just doesn't work.. Unless he thought pre-game (again) that the referee would make a mistake.

I'm pretty sure he does. The FA keep saying they're going to fine/look into SAF ignoring the BBC and the decision was taken pre-match, so saying that he's doing it to avoid someone saying something stupid just doesn't work.. Unless he thought pre-game (again) that the referee would make a mistake.
they fine him all the time, he has a 70k bill from ignoring the BBC. He is damned if he does, damned if he dont

if a manager refuses to talk to the media after a game then fine him that includes you fergie your 69 grow up

Why does everyone care so much? So what he didn't talk to the media, what effect does it have on you or anything?

He doesn't have to talk, he doesn't care if he gets fined. He's probably got his reasons for not talking including Smalling incident, ref's decisions, poor performances etc. To be honest I don't really care whether he talks or not, as long as he does his best for his club is all that anyone should care about.

Back