Ferguson blanks media after game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 6K
The interview where SAF criticized the refs integrity in Chelsea game was on MUTV. MUTV are not obliged to give information to the FA but they still choose to.

Well MUTV is partly owned by BSKYB (33%) I believe, so anything he did say was obviously going to get leaked whether it was through The Sun, NOTW or Sky itself.

Fa said MUTV had to give the interview to the FA.

It was obvious it was going to come out in some way, if SAF didn't want it to be heard he should have never said it.

A Premier League official, speaking on condition of anonymity, suggested probably not. "Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferugson are an anomaly," he said. "The idea that you're going to radically alter the behaviour of someone who's approaching his 70th year, after 20-odd years in management at Manchester United, is unlikely."

So true. He is not gonna change. Why should he.

Well MUTV is partly owned by BSKYB (33%) I believe, so anything he did say was obviously going to get leaked whether it was through The Sun, NOTW or Sky itself.

Fa said MUTV had to give the interview to the FA.

It was obvious it was going to come out in some way, if SAF didn't want it to be heard he should have never said it.

Surely that is why he refused to talk at the weekend...........

Surely that is why he refused to talk at the weekend...........

Yes, but what I am saying is if doesn't want to get charged he doesn't need to comment on the ref. Can easily discuss about the match and when asked on the decisions just say he doesn't want to talk about it.
If it some kind of retaliation then he can only blame himself.

Yes, but what I am saying is if doesn't want to get charged he doesn't need to comment on the ref. Can easily discuss about the match and when asked on the decisions just say he doesn't want to talk about it.
If it some kind of retaliation then he can only blame himself.

Why is there a need to think he is doing this in retaliation, Who to say he is not doing it to stop himself getting in trouble. He might decide to talk about in 2mo for all we know... He will talk to the media when he is good and ready.

The sky interview was the MUTV one, that MUTV decided to realese to sky.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timfranks/2011/03/do_we_have_a_right_to_hear_sir.html

The lad that interviewed him worked for Sky no?? Was the same man that interviewed Ancelotti and the 2 Chelsea players (cant remember who). Surely that material is for Sky?? Chelsea have their own man that interviews Ancelotti after the game and never use Sky's interviews and i would expect Utd are the same.

Fine him a packet and give him a long touchline ban for consistantly breaking the rules

The lad that interviewed him worked for Sky no?? Was the same man that interviewed Ancelotti and the 2 Chelsea players (cant remember who). Surely that material is for Sky?? Chelsea have their own man that interviews Ancelotti after the game and never use Sky's interviews and i would expect Utd are the same.

The Sy interveiw according to the FA was not the one used as evidence against SAF though.

Fine him a packet and give him a long touchline ban for consistantly breaking the rules

For what, Not speaking to the press, he pays his fines... He can speak to who he wants, after all that is his human right.

I just don't understand what you all want SAF to do ? When he speaks you complain when he doesn't you still complain.

Do you want him to come out and praise the referee for doing a **** job ? what do you honestly want from him. If it was the manager of the team you all supported you wouldn't be turning around and saying slap massive fines and bans etc.. it's his choice to speak to the media or not and with people such as all you criticising everything he does I wouldn't speak to the press either.Personally think the only people that Ferguson should give interviews to is for the MU website for united fans. Then no one can complain because it's a simple case of don't like don't come on our website!

The Sy interveiw according to the FA was not the one used as evidence against SAF though.

For what, Not speaking to the press, he pays his fines... He can speak to who he wants, after all that is his human right.

Ok but as a Man Utd fan did you not want him to come out and explain what went wrong and how bad Nani's injury was etc etc??

Ok but as a Man Utd fan did you not want him to come out and explain what went wrong and how bad Nani's injury was etc etc??
they already spoke about nani's injury, and it was pretty clear what went wrong

I would rather he spent his time, sorting the problems, then telling me the painfully clear.

they already spoke about nani's injury, and it was pretty clear what went wrong

I would rather he spent his time, sorting the problems, then telling me the painfully clear.

Well thats ok because thats your opinion but i know when my club lose i fully expect a member of the club to come out and give some sort of interview after the game. They are contracted to do so also but that is another agrument.

Well thats ok because thats your opinion but i know when my club lose i fully expect a member of the club to come out and give some sort of interview after the game. They are contracted to do so also but that is another agrument.

They are under no contract to speak, only in Uefa games are they.

Well i heard differently today. Because the game was on Sky and as we all know Sky basicly own PremierLeague football he or a member of his backroom staff is contracted to do an interview after the game.

Well i heard differently today. Because the game was on Sky and as we all know Sky basicly own PremierLeague football he or a member of his backroom staff is contracted to do an interview after the game.

I heard that if it became a rule, the Premier league would have to clear it at there next AGM, and all 20 chairmen would have to vote in favour. Can you see Gill going against Fergie..?

They do have such a contract for Premier League games. What a rule agreed by the Premier League would do is allow for Premier League financial sanctions to be taken, rather than it being a dispute between broadcaster and team. Although there is actually a rule already in place which says the same thing but has an ultimate outcome of 'disciplinary action' being taken for failing to provide staff and players for interview to broadcasters.

Back