Ferguson blanks media after game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 125
  • Views Views 6K
Every opputunity he gets he puts his name in the frame. On Saturday because at the end of the season he has his so called tax evasion court case coming up and saying he has no skeletons in his closet and would not affect him taking the England job.

Concentrate on the present Redknapp and realise you are managing a team already or the players might get it into there heads that you dont care about Spurs. No wonder we are inconsistent already.

I just read on SSN what he's said and couldn't see anywhere where it mentioned that. Maybe I missed it.

You can't really blame him, it's every managers dream to manage their country and he deserves a chance to do so.

I also agree that he does criticise players when needed. Maybe Fergie would have been better off criticising his team but he didn't. He chose not to speak and that's his decision.

It's a non story really..

It says the decision was made before the game, so he would of done the same thing had we won.
Get real and take the blinkers off, Ferguson would not have blanked the press had scum utd won, he'd have been out there celebrating and gloating. He's just a poor loser. Doesn't make him competitive, just bitter. He should realise that its about time to hang up his spurs and quietly shuffle off this mortal coil and do us all a favour.
I'm an Arsenal fan so get it up ye!! Nice one LIVERPOOL!!!

Get real and take the blinkers off, Ferguson would not have blanked the press had scum utd won, he'd have been out there celebrating and gloating. He's just a poor loser. Doesn't make him competitive, just bitter. He should realise that its about time to hang up his spurs and quietly shuffle off this mortal coil and do us all a favour.
I'm an Arsenal fan so get it up ye!! Nice one LIVERPOOL!!!

Shuffle off the mortal coil? Really........are you for real? What a stupid comment. Grow up child

Whatever you say, but if I were a player I wouldn't quite buy into it if my manager was in the wrong. And I wouldn't say it's the world vs. ManU, considering they're by far the biggest club in England with the world's largest fanbase.

Behave, he is creating a Us V the rest of the football world. rather then every person. He does it soo well.

I didn't mention it as I thought it might be more convenient to quote particular parts of the interview, rather than working through every single sentence which would be a considerable waste of time. Since you've brought it up I'll comment anyway. In my opinion the sentence you have quoted questions the referee's impartiality. I think the referee tried to officiate to the best of his abilities, so to cast doubt over his overall fairness is not good. Everyone can make mistakes. Don't forget refereeing is a very difficult job, and it's impossible to see everything that happens.

As to you and Sunil's whinge that other managers get away with it, just because other managers say it doesn't make it any more acceptable. I think Wenger and Guardiola should both be punished for their comments as well.

The rest of the interview is the important bit, he says he wanted a strong ref, which Atkinson is not. He has questioned his ability and got rightly charged. But he was honest... if he cant be honest, he might as well not talk.

Yet they get off with no punishment....

Well yeah, but the difference is he implied it.

Still, Giving the impression of, which still brings the game into dispute.. no?

Isn't this a disciplinary matter? It's pathetic from Ferguson again. Apparently the decision not to talk to the media, including MUTV was taken BEFORE the game, because Fergie is upset MUTV broadcast his words instead of leaving it out..

It's one thing not talking to the BBC because they investigated his son (apparently with every reason) and getting your assistant to do it, but not talking at all to anyone?

It is not pathetic, What is pathetic is you calling one of the greatest managers of all time pathetic on every thread. He can talk to who he likes when he likes.

I'm pretty sure he does. The FA keep saying they're going to fine/look into SAF ignoring the BBC and the decision was taken pre-match, so saying that he's doing it to avoid someone saying something stupid just doesn't work.. Unless he thought pre-game (again) that the referee would make a mistake.

They fine him, if he is happy to pay it. there is no problem. the only people he is proper contracted to see is the european games. Which he does....

Surprise, surprise.

american_psycho_guffaw.gif

This siege mentality to 'protect the players'... you think it is the best thing for them? About time they took responsibility for their own lack of effort. Wenger does the same, always cockblocking the media when it comes to player performances.

How do we know what happens behind closed doors...? Giggs has said many of time, Fergie still brings the hair dryer out and gives them good old fashion rollockings in the dressing room/ training ground... Fergie hasnt mellowed one bit.

What does SAF stand for? Sad Auld ****!!!

Sir Alex Ferguson, You know one of the most successful manager ever..

Sir Alex Ferguson, You know one of the most successful manager ever..

Thats one thing that can't be accepted by such a bitter fan unfortunately. No respect.

It is not pathetic, What is pathetic is you calling one of the greatest managers of all time pathetic on every thread. He can talk to who he likes when he likes.

This. Such a pathetic to say about one of the best manager ever and same thing is repeated in all threads.

SAF talks to the media, the FA get ****** off. SAF doesn't speak to the media, the FA get ****** off.

Redknapp is constantly media-whoring himself.

I don't like that aspect of him, but he'll at least criticise his players when they perform poorly.

Sometimes it is necessary to give them a boot. Players like Evans and Carrick, for example, can't keep being protected if it means continuing to perform at the level they have been,

Seriously man, I can never look at your posts. I just stop and watch Natalie for a minute then continue down. It's too distracting!

OT: If he wants to blank the media, let him do it. It's not like he's affecting any of you.

There is no law stating fergie has to talk to any part of the media,. The only media interaction he is obliged to take part in is the champions league conferences. If he doesn't want to speak to the **** stirring weeds that are the media then so what at least he has the balls to speak his mind and doesn't ***** about like a lot of other cowardly managers

It does remind me of a spoilt child. At the end of the day he needs to look at the past legends and see how is the right way to conduct yourself. It dosent give him or Utd a good name at all and he should have the book thrown at him simple as that.

I don't think anyone is claiming that SAF should be fined for not talking to the media (although I'm not sure what the rules are, maybe he is supposed to), we're just claiming that he was being a bit of a sore loser for doing so. He says some really controversial stuff to the media, criticizing the integrity of the ref, and he gets punished by the FA (something pretty much everyone seemed to agree with). He responds to this by refusing to talk to the press...I don't think he's in the right here. Does he have the right to do this and refuse to talk to the press? Of course. I just think he's being unfair this time.

As for whether or not people would respond the same way to other managers, I'm sure there would be a similar response if it was Wenger, the only other manager who is as much in the limelight as SAF. Wenger is probably more hated than SAF so I'm sure it would be the same response. I bet any of the other big club managers would get a big response too.

But the fact is, whatever SAF says is going to get tons of media coverage. You guys (ManU fans) are complaining about this, but this is what you get when you're the biggest club. You get tons of media attention, as is the case for the biggest club in any country. Now there are a lot of positives and negatives to being the biggest club in the UK and the world, and part of this is the huge amount of media coverage. Though it's a pain sometimes, ultimately it's a good thing, because it's part of why ManU has such a gigantic fan base. Being in the media constantly means that so many people who grew up in the 90's and 00's decided to be ManU fans despite having no connection to the club. This ultimately gave the club a huge fanbase and tons of money, which is why ManU has by far the biggest revenue stream of any club in the world. This is something that has been a great contribution to the club's success over the past 15 or so years. So don't complain about it! I'm sure the fans of the smaller clubs would love this much media attention.

It does remind me of a spoilt child. At the end of the day he needs to look at the past legends and see how is the right way to conduct yourself. It dosent give him or Utd a good name at all and he should have the book thrown at him simple as that.

Fergie should look at past legends.... Fergie is a legend.

Fergie should look at past legends.... Fergie is a legend.

Yer your right but its no way to conduct yourself simple as that. If Chelsea had lost last week against Utd or yesterday i would want and expect Ancelotti to come out and speak.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

SAF did come out after the loss against Chelsea, he refused to speak to the media after the Liverpool game days after he had got a warning about his conduct.

But he deserved that warning. He questioned the integrity of the ref and thats not on. You can guarrentee that Atkinson will never ref another Utd game now so Fergie has got his own way. If i was a Utd fan i would want to hear from him and where he went wrong with the tactics etc etc. Its says bad loser and its petty and he didnt even do an interview for the clubs own TV channel, that is shocking.

Yer your right but its no way to conduct yourself simple as that. If Chelsea had lost last week against Utd or yesterday i would want and expect Ancelotti to come out and speak.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

But he deserved that warning. He questioned the integrity of the ref and thats not on. You can guarrentee that Atkinson will never ref another Utd game now so Fergie has got his own way. If i was a Utd fan i would want to hear from him and where he went wrong with the tactics etc etc. Its says bad loser and its petty and he didnt even do an interview for the clubs own TV channel, that is shocking.

It's pretty shocking that our own TV channel would give the FA evidence against SAF knowing he would probably be charged

Obviously i dont know anything about this, what happend?

The interview where SAF criticized the refs integrity in Chelsea game was on MUTV. MUTV are not obliged to give information to the FA but they still choose to.

I love how when fergie speaks to the media someone has something to say about him complaining yet when he doesn't say anything people still complain about him XD and say it's because he 'spat the dummy' and so on. Don't blame him for not speaking to the media as every single person on this forum cannot say they don't complain about things some papers and media say. They twist anything and everything to get a story.

The interview where SAF criticized the refs integrity in Chelsea game was on MUTV. MUTV are not obliged to give information to the FA but they still choose to.

Well the interview he gave to Sky was not much different to be fair.

Back