Ferguson ref rant 'unacceptable'

Status
Not open for further replies.
A neutral view are you kidding me ? Yes fergie shouldn't have said nothing but you trying to tell me the decisions the referee made were acceptable lmao ? behave yourself neutral view you'd complain if those decisions went against newcastle FACT.

Yeah you don't know me but no, I wouldn't. I haven't been deluded by years of biased media and referee decisions. Ryan Taylor (whose name I have on the back of my shirt)'s tackle last week was awful, but Fergie does this every match they lose - its not decision by decision, its whether Man Utd win in the end, if they don't he blows his top and goes off at one at the referee.

Yeah you don't know me but no, I wouldn't. I haven't been deluded by years of biased media and referee decisions. Ryan Taylor (whose name I have on the back of my shirt)'s tackle last week was awful, but Fergie does this every match they lose - its not decision by decision, its whether Man Utd win in the end, if they don't he blows his top and goes off at one at the referee.

Obviously your going to say that tacklesare awful when they are. Just like Rooney's elbow was a joke. Regardless of the result at the end of the match that Referee was a joke, He made so many wrong decisions in the game and should be openly criticised. It's different going over board when he said the ref couldn't keep up with the game thats out of order but simple fact is he stated facts about the game. The penalty was soft, Luiz should have been sent off. these are facts and are turning points in the game. Granted Man Utd have had there fairshare of decisions go for them but referees should be criticised at a minimum.

It's a fact that referees are over protected, just look at the Rooney elbow incident last week - the FA claimed tha the ref in question made the correct decision, which is clearly not true. It's about time that they come out and acknowledge their own mistakes, most of us understand what a difficult job it is and it would surely help appease the situation.

On the Fergie rant, I think it is completely wrong of him. As a United fan I think I can say that we generally get more decisions for us than against. Whether this is down to reputation or the pressure we put other teams under on the pitch, it doesn't negate that fact. SAF gets away with more than most managers in the division. To be fair, there were a few important decisions that seemed to go against us in the Chelsea game and the FA should be more lenient over manager comments immediately after the game, but SAF should apologise for questioning the integrity of the referee. That's just not on

Sometimes ref's just cant win, like at the world cup final, holland fans said webb lost them the world cup, even though he kept 3 of their players on the pitch.

Everything seems exaggerated when it comes down to Manchester United, probably because a lot of people don't like us and the media can take advantage of that. I mean, this is the first I have heard of the Taylor tackle and I haven't seen even it. I'm not excusing the behaviour of United players and staff, however.

he cant moan about any referee decision after rooneys elbow , any other team in the league except man u or chelsea would have got 3 match bans for the player

False.

Whilst i don't agree with it, the FA's current rules make it impossible to punish a player for any offence after the game if the ref saw the incident and dealt with it or deemed it as within the rules.

The referee clearly saw it as he stopped the game and spoke to Rooney, meaning a video analysis and retrospective punishment by the FA is not possible.

Luiz should have seen red for a blatant block on Rooeny, the Yuri penalty was soft, but WAS a penalty imo. But by then we have should ahve put the game to bed, so blaming the ref is pointless.
It's quite typical of our away form this season tbh, we get in a decent position, then throw it away towards the end of the game. We've scrpaed draws after being ahead against lesser sides, so losing to a top club isn't a massive shock to me.

I love the Fergie bashing, and how you're all saying he always gets away with it. If the FA take action, this will be Fergies 5th disciplinary hearing in the last 5 seasons. *sarcasm*He definitely gets away with it all the time.....*sarcasm*

Grow up, understand that decisions go for and agaisnt Man UTd, just like any other club. Controversial decisions are highlighted in the media more becuase we are a top club, making it seem like we get more decisions go our way, as most of you won't remember seeing other clubs get too many decisions go for them, as you only read/watch what BBC/Sky spoonfeed you.

Last edited:
Man UTD benefit in almost every game by "referee mistakes". I'm sick and tired of seeing them winning with the help of the referees. Go Liverpool !

Barcelona and Milan fans lost their rights to comment anything about judges. Please shut up.
OT:
TBH, even tho hes right, he should be fined. Chelsea outplayed us in second half and they deserve their win.

SAF was right cause he missed many key decisions against Chelsea and this is not the first time

Phelan after Wigan:
‘we have to respect the referee’s decision’

Ferguson after Chelsea:
"You want a fair referee - or a strong referee, anyway - and we didn't get that," said Ferguson.
"When I saw who the referee was I did fear it. I feared the worst."

Your club do my absolute ******* head in.

Not manager's mistake. Anyone would have criticised ref for the shocking decisions. If anything Atkinson should apologize.

Born winners are always bitter to lose. Fact.

So it's okay when Clattenburg doesnt send Rooney off? Or when any other decisions go United's way?

Right, ok then.

Last edited:
He should apologise.

The comments were unacceptable, regardless of the circumstances.

So it's okay when Clattenburg doesnt send Rooney off? Or when any other decisions go United's way?

Right, ok then.

Going round in circles. When i brought up how Gerrard's elbow went unpunished, you lot said this is about Rooney. Likewise this is about how incapable Atkinson is, not about Clattenburg.

Agree with FuelledbyPassion to an extent, but it [The Rooney incident] also shows how decisions will 80% of the time, go in favour of the big clubs. It happens at Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd etc. and Fergie blatently won't face any sanctions of any kind after his rant.

When Holloway ranted about it, he was fined, wasn't he? Or at least the threat went a little further than being completely empty...

SAF gets away with a lot of **** - I know Wenger moans sometimes, which is obviously annoying, but this is another level (having seen the interview) - suggesting Atkinson shouldn't be refereeing in the top flight etc. is pretty uncalled for, not to mention being completely hypocritical after his and Phelan's comments post-Wigan.

Which leads me to my other point; when is SAF going to grow up and start talking to the BBC? The FA keep saying they'll fine him if he continues to boycott them, but he does, and they don't. The FA needs to grow a pair and start being more neutral.

Most of the FA is full of people who have no football background at all, even in the middle ranks. So in turn when it comes to making decisions about any football matters it doesnt really benefit football. Including the communication between officials and managers/players. Its a you scratch my back ill scratch yours culture.

The sooner Alex Ferguson retires the fairer football will be. Why are they scared of him?!

Agree with FuelledbyPassion to an extent, but it [The Rooney incident] also shows how decisions will 80% of the time, go in favour of the big clubs. It happens at Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd etc. and Fergie blatently won't face any sanctions of any kind after his rant.

When Holloway ranted about it, he was fined, wasn't he? Or at least the threat went a little further than being completely empty...

SAF gets away with a lot of **** - I know Wenger moans sometimes, which is obviously annoying, but this is another level (having seen the interview) - suggesting Atkinson shouldn't be refereeing in the top flight etc. is pretty uncalled for, not to mention being completely hypocritical after his and Phelan's comments post-Wigan.

Which leads me to my other point; when is SAF going to grow up and start talking to the BBC? The FA keep saying they'll fine him if he continues to boycott them, but he does, and they don't. The FA needs to grow a pair and start being more neutral.

I love the Fergie bashing, and how you're all saying he always gets away with it. If the FA take action, this will be Fergies 5th disciplinary hearing in the last 5 seasons. *sarcasm*He definitely gets away with it all the time.....*sarcasm*

Grow up, understand that decisions go for and agaisnt Man UTd, just like any other club. Controversial decisions are highlighted in the media more becuase we are a top club, making it seem like we get more decisions go our way, as most of you won't remember seeing other clubs get too many decisions go for them, as you only read/watch what BBC/Sky spoonfeed you.

Jake answered your conspiracy theory.

Point is when you lot grow up and and say FA dont side with United. Also Rio got banned for 8 months for missing drug test, which he offered himself for next day, whereas Chelsea's Mutu got 7 months ban for testing positive.

Rio got banned for 4 games for throwing elbow at Hull player, whereas Mascherano did the same and was not banned for even a single game,

And this season the number of controversial penalties Arsenal got are debatable too.

I love how everyone ignores the decisions their clubs get and point fingers at United.

And Boycotting BBC is Fergie's personal and i would have done the same. Anyone with bit of self respect do the same. And club dont have nay problem in paying the fines.

I love how United fans think this is true.

Posted 2008
1. John Terry
It doesn’t seem to matter what this fella does, the FA will let him get away with it. His cheating and unnecessary aggression are always described as a ‘British bulldog’ nature, he’s a ‘brave, English warrior’, and anything else that excuses his unacceptable behaviour.
When Terry brought down Jo earlier this season, by wrapping his arm around his waist and pulling him to the ground, the FA saw to it that he faced NO PUNISHMENT. Conveniently, this meant Terry was available for the United game the following week.
When Terry tried to take a red card out of the hand of the referee’s hand at Old Trafford last season, he faced NO PUNISHMENT.

2. Didier Drogba
Drogba threw a coin indiscriminately in to a crowd containing men, women and children.
Punishment? Three matches.
Let’s put that in to context.
Three matches is the number of games both Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes missed for getting sent off in a pre-season friendly, on the order of the FA. Scholes’ red card was for two silly challenges, whilst Rooney’s was for **** all. The fact that Steven Gerrard and Neil Mellor both received red cards in the same tournament three years earlier, only to face NO PUNISHMENT from the FA, seemed to pass most people by.
Get it straight. Throwing a coin is bad. Swinging for a racist **** is even worse.

3. Adrian Mutu
Mutu failed a drug’s test, testing positive for cocaine. He was banned for 7 months and fined £20,000 by the FA.
Rio Ferdinand failed to show up for a drug’s test, offering to return later that day but was turned away. Although the test he had independently showed he was free of drugs, the FA banned him for 8 months and fined him £50,000.
Mutu’s failed test came a year after Ferdinand’s missed test, yet he was banned for less time and fined less than half of what Rio was.

3 Examples. Credit to the person who posted it.

And other clubs never get any decisions. Thats 3 chelsea games against us in a row that were decided by poor ref. *United gets all the decisions*

sunilvk7 and Jake hits it on the head. A lot of decisions have gone against United but nobody seems to remember them. They only remember the decisions that go against the team United are facing for whatever reason. Probably jealousy.

Last edited:
For a moment i'm just gona forget how many decisions go utd's way every year. But why the **** is fergie or any man utd fan moaning about the ref when their yob of a goalscorer shouldn't even have been allowed to play!

For a moment i'm just gona forget how many decisions go utd's way every year. But why the **** is fergie or any man utd fan moaning about the ref when their yob of a goalscorer shouldn't even have been allowed to play!

Sigh.

False.

Whilst i don't agree with it, the FA's current rules make it impossible to punish a player for any offence after the game if the ref saw the incident and dealt with it or deemed it as within the rules.

The referee clearly saw it as he stopped the game and spoke to Rooney, meaning a video analysis and retrospective punishment by the FA is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.