Ferguson ref rant 'unacceptable'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every team, anywhere in the world, will get some bad/generous decisions, that football. Refs are only humans, and like everyone, are prone to mistakes. The fact of the matter is, United didnt do enough second half to win the game. I think SAF is using the ref as an excuse to cover up a poor second half performance by his team.

What SAF said about Atkinson is unacceptable. As I said, refs are only human, and SAF has to respect that. I would like to see him as a ref. Then maybe he would understand how hard it is. He should receive a fine, but probably nothing more

Every team, anywhere in the world, will get some bad/generous decisions, that football. Refs are only humans, and like everyone, are prone to mistakes. The fact of the matter is, United didnt do enough second half to win the game. I think SAF is using the ref as an excuse to cover up a poor second half performance by his team.

What SAF said about Atkinson is unacceptable. As I said, refs are only human, and SAF has to respect that. I would like to see him as a ref. Then maybe he would understand how hard it is. He should receive a fine, but probably nothing more

That pretty sums it up. But how long will FA covers up or protects Ref's mistakes in big games by fining or banning managers? After all Managers are humans and they tell a lot in the heat of the moment.

The FA in that case are irrelevant. What matters is the ref in that game should've punished him. The fact that he didn't means it was poor refereeing/a mistake. The same thing fergie is moaning about.

The FA in that case are irrelevant. What matters is the ref in that game should've punished him. The fact that he didn't means it was poor refereeing/a mistake. The same thing fergie is moaning about.

(I'm turning into a troll now, God knows how Mike. has patience to mod this section.)

I'm sure you feel the same regarding Gerrard's elbow as well then.

(I'm turning into a troll now, God knows how Mike. has patience to mod this section.)

I'm sure you feel the same regarding Gerrard's elbow as well then.
Well yeah, why shouldn't he be banned? That's the rules of football. Oh what, you thought i'd be a blind, biased fan like the utd ones in this thread? They're half the problem of football discussions.

Well yeah, why shouldn't he be banned? That's the rules of football. Oh what, you thought i'd be a blind, biased fan like the utd ones in this thread? They're half the problem of football discussions.

Sigh, can you point me a single post where United fans said Rooney didn't deserve red card against Wigan?

Problem is not biased United fans, its people assuming we are biased and come up with "typical mancs" "Biased united fans" nonsense.

Sigh, can you point me a single post where United fans said Rooney didn't deserve red card against Wigan?

Problem is not biased United fans, its people assuming we are biased and come up with "typical mancs" "Biased united fans" nonsense.
Well no, because this isn't a discussion about that incident. You got away with one, then were on the receiving end. What goes around comes around as they say.

How do you think chelsea fans would feel if you won the game 1-0 thanks to a player that shouldn't have been on the pitch? Would you then add to their thread saying you agree rooney should've been banned? Of couse you wouldn't.

I'm not sure why fergie is complaining anyway. You just weren't good enough to get the points, that's a fact. Chelsea even had a goal disallowed (for no reason). Even though to my knowledge van der saar stopped at the whistle meaning torres likely wouldn't have scored. But since it went in, they call it a disallowed goal.

The penalty, was just a penalty. The vidic sending off, was correct too. The only thing that you have to complain about was Luiz, but at that stage of the game, I doubt a sending off would've made much difference.

Well no, because this isn't a discussion about that incident. You got away with one, then were on the receiving end. What goes around comes around as they say.

How do you think chelsea fans would feel if you won the game 1-0 thanks to a player that shouldn't have been on the pitch? Would you then add to their thread saying you agree rooney should've been banned? Of couse you wouldn't.

I'm not sure why fergie is complaining anyway. You just weren't good enough to get the points, that's a fact. Chelsea even had a goal disallowed (for no reason). Even though to my knowledge van der saar stopped at the whistle meaning torres likely wouldn't have scored. But since it went in, they call it a disallowed goal.

The penalty, was just a penalty. The vidic sending off, was correct too. The only thing that you have to complain about was Luiz, but at that stage of the game, I doubt a sending off would've made much difference.

David Luiz should have been sent off at around 60th min mark and match was even at that time. Would have had a massive advantage with them down to 10 men. Dont say that numerical advantage wont count.

Its not like we weren't good enough. We were but thats for other day..

David Luiz should have been sent off at around 60th min mark and match was even at that time. Would have had a massive advantage with them down to 10 men. Dont say that numerical advantage wont count.
Ah my bad then, I thought it was much later in the game. But..

Its not like we weren't good enough. We were but thats for other day..
.. you weren't, really. You were good first half, but they dominated second half. Since that luiz incident was earlier it would've probs been a draw, if we guesstimate. And that'd suited me fine, considering I hate both teams and concede pool won't catch chelsea now. But oh well, you'll still win the league, and the FA won't change their rules because of another fergie rant, so there you go.

right now you're starting to troll. next time you needlessly take a pop gets you an infraction.

next time actually bother to read the thread

This is so true...as a man united fan we are always assumed to have an easy run with the refs and major decisions, all teams do from time to time. I can think of a handful of games/teams/players that should of received punishment AGAINST man utd and they didnt.

Kevin Doyle vs United in the 2-1 defeat not long ago...he was 'warned' a dozen or so times by the ref for diving...why bother giving him a dozen warnings? book him then send him off. Theres 1 example.

as for the game in question Vs Chelsea, Luiz, rameires and Ivanovic all commited enough bad tackles to warrant red cards yet they were 'missed' by the ref. Vidic was sent off for 2 yellow cards which were deserved yellow cards i will point out that i am NOT DEBATING Vidic's red card.

However Luiz commited a handful of worse tackles than what vidic got sent off for (rameires and ivanovic aswell)

Another point, yes rooney should have got a red card, no United fan worth their salt would ever deny this.

All in all its easy to sit there behind your keyboard bashing United fans for being biased, but as a football fan if you can sit there and say that the decisions made by the ref were not wrong (presuming you watched the game) then you really should not be a football fan.

I will say one last point, United were the better team until Chelsea had to revert to playing dirty football. Personally i can handle the loss, i knew we would lose (i actually placed a bet at william hill for a 3-1 chelsea win) what bothers me is that Chelsea fans will claim that they 'deserved' their win.

right now you're starting to troll. next time you needlessly take a pop gets you an infraction.

next time actually bother to read the thread
What the **** are you talking about? It's quite clear he was assuming I was a biased fan, and baiting me into defending gerrard. But that's not me.

Unbelievable jeff.

What the **** are you talking about? It's quite clear he was assuming I was a biased fan, and baiting me into defending gerrard. But that's not me.

Unbelievable jeff.
actually he asked if you would feel the same, you launched the dig on united fans, based on one person. end of

actually he asked if you would feel the same, you launched the dig on united fans, based on one person. end of
Well I apologize for having a high enough IQ to read through ******* sarcasm. Also "that dig" was on biased fans in general, of any team.

Well I apologize for having a high enough IQ to read through ******* sarcasm.
sigh or just dont generalise, make a poor assumtpion and take a swipe.... really not hard

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

suspect he will get yet another fine, probably not a touchline ban though

Tomorrow's Press conference has been canceled. <)

Tomorrow's Press conference has been canceled. <)
doesn't surprise me a bit lol, big game coming up. this is just a needless distractin. He's probably regretting stirring up a hornets next now

I personally think if a referee makes an awful decision in the match, the Manager should be allowed to speak out about it, within reason of course. But suggesting that he isn't 'fair' wasn't acceptable, though I wouldn't even slightly care if he implied that it was his refereeing ability that was in question.

I personally think if a referee makes an awful decision in the match, the Manager should be allowed to speak out about it, within reason of course. But suggesting that he isn't 'fair' wasn't acceptable, though I wouldn't even slightly care if he implied that it was his refereeing ability that was in question.
agreed on this. Questioning a decision is one thing, questioning integrity is more than crossing the line

doesn't surprise me a bit lol, big game coming up. this is just a needless distractin. He's probably regretting stirring up a hornets next now

Typical Fergie. Showomg who is the Boss. And i dont think Fergie gives a **** about the fines and Bans. He speaks out everytime and i dont think he will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.