Festivals

What are you talking about.

Rage got the crowd heavily involved at TITP, and TITP is very anti mosh, u rarely see any pits of any kind unlike the poserfest which is leeds.

When I saw Rage, the obv stuff like mosh pits etc were going on, and were mental. They got us all to sit down during the mayhem in protest, they made a 5 min speech halfway through Wake Up about how we should bring down America.

Missing Metallica as well, like one of the biggest bands in the world, i'd love to see them.

What are you talking about.

Rage got the crowd heavily involved at TITP, and TITP is very anti mosh, u rarely see any pits of any kind unlike the poserfest which is leeds.

When I saw Rage, the obv stuff like mosh pits etc were going on, and were mental. They got us all to sit down during the mayhem in protest, they made a 5 min speech halfway through Wake Up about how we should bring down America.

Missing Metallica as well, like one of the biggest bands in the world, i'd love to see them.

Well, in comparison to the mosh-pits in the lock-up stage, Rage was definitely pretty light. However, it was De La Rocha's stupid monotonous voice that ****** me off.

I would have liked to see Metallica, but there was literally no point haha. I was too drunk to see straight, nevermind comprehend what they were playing.

Last edited:
tool, hate people who go to festivals and get that drunk they dont remember the bands.

Why cant people just get drunk, then get wasted in the campsite at night!

Leeds campsite pwnz as well, entertainment till like 6am, loads of dif djs, titp just has duracell and xfm bus which shut at 1/2

tool, hate people who go to festivals and get that drunk they dont remember the bands.

Why cant people just get drunk, then get wasted in the campsite at night!

Leeds campsite pwnz as well, entertainment till like 6am, loads of dif djs, titp just has duracell and xfm bus which shut at 1/2

Aye. Couldn't sleep 'cos of the tents at 6am. That was the one day I got wasted during the day...I wasn't THAT bothered about metallica and I was dying for food and drink so decided to take the **** up back to the tent early, before the big stampede of everyone going back.

Metallica were ******* awesome, although I would say that :D. Seriously though, I loved them, and quite a few of my mates who mainly just like Indie wank said they were quite impressed with them. I'm biased cos like you said for Anti-Flag Ad, I know all the music and couldn't wait for it. New songs as well :D. The pyro was ****** awesome, and the atmosphere was great.

Rage I loved as well, though you're right when you say Zack did little to get the crowd goin. I don't think that was down to him though, I think it was cos of the crushing goin on at the front, cos he got told to stop and get the crowd to step back. That tells me it was pretty mental down the front. I was just in front of the first big screen, not too close and it was still pretty crazy. Killing in the name of ftw. And Tom Morello was doing some crazy ****, he was impressive.

Killers were alright like, did all their sing along hits which was a good way to end it. i loved the Foals and Justice on the Sunday afternoon, proper sweat/dancefest with loads of crowd surfing etc.

Can't remember who else I saw atm but had a ****** awesome time :D

**** yeh dee i meant to see go see Justice, i missed them at T beacuse i listening to their album and wasnt impressed, but ive now watched a few live performaces and been very impressed. Did they play Master of Pup?

nah was well gutted, the ending they had would have been perfect for it as well. They did play it when I saw them back in Feb in Manc though :)

They were still great though, We are your Friends and and Stress were the best. If you get the chance go and see them, its reet mental :D

Anyone planning on going to any this year?

Ive not seen one lineup so far that even vaguely interests me.

Download has Lamb of God and RATM, but ive seen them

Glastonbury is Glastonbury but I hate Muse & U2 and dont know enough Stevie Wonder to care

T in The Park has terrible headliners (Muse, Kasabian & Eminem) but does have Erol Alkan, Faithless, Plastikman, The Cribs, Goldphrapp, Four Tet but I wouldnt pay more than 30 squids to see all of them nevermind the highest festival ticket prices in the UK

im going to reading, but mainly for the riots

KASABIAN AND MUSE TERRIBLE HEADLINES? :O, insane...Pretty sure muse have won awards for the live performances n kasabian is kasabian enough said, amazing. Id easily pay £100 just to see either of them alone <)

But yeah eminem is pretty ****

KASABIAN AND MUSE TERRIBLE HEADLINES? :O, insane...Pretty sure muse have won awards for the live performances n kasabian is kasabian enough said, amazing. Id easily pay £100 just to see either of them alone <)

its all about opinion isnt it? im not a big fan of either

Kasabian have almost literally played TITP every year since they 'made it big' and Muse are terrible

Kasabian could've been a good band. Club Foot is actually a really good song, but the rest of the album didn't really live up to it, despite some decent ideas here and there.

After that, they became utterly derivative - I'm not too sure why. Lead singer and the tall one started giving it the Gallagher treatment, and it just didn't fit well with a band who dedicated songs to Jan Palach, the Czech political protester.

Ever since then, they've released very average pub-rock with half-arsed attempts at electronica that sound tacked on, frankly. They put on an impressive light show by the sounds of it, complete with cliched audience participation. It could be argued they're the British Bon Jovi.

insane! Yeah without a doubt first album one of there best club foot is barely the best song as said above matter of opinion. In my opinion they still fork out catchy tunes year in year out and in my head music would only excell in live performances same with muse. Although to be said muses past 2 albums have been pretty **** since they made it "bigger". t Still they both **** over the mediocrity of the poor, skinny jean long haired "popular" bands that plague most of these festivals.

Sweden Rock's good this year!

Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Slayer, Danzig, Ratt, W.A.S.P., Opeth, Steel Panther, Gary Moore (doing a rock set) and loads more and one more headliner to go!!

Still they both **** over the mediocrity of the poor, skinny jean long haired "popular" bands that plague most of these festivals.

Id class Kasabian as that tbh, I'd class as Muse as worse though, attempting to rip off others etc

Oxygen is looking good already. Good line-up named all ready and its only gonna get better. Seems like the year i decide to go :p
Offical line-up of their website:
EMINEM, MUSE, JAY-Z, THE BLACK EYED PEAS, KASABIAN, THE PRODIGY, FLORENCE+THE MACHINE, PAOLO NUTINI, FAITHLESS, STEREOPHONICS, DAVID GUETTA, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, MUMFORD & SONS JOHN MAYER, HOT CHIP, CALVIN HARRIS, NEWTON FAULKNER, GOSSIP, THE TEMPER TRAP, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, GOLDFRAPP, LA ROUX, WOLFMOTHER, RISE AGAINST, THE CORAL, BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, ELLIE GOULDING, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, ARMAND VAN HELDEN, STEVE ANGELLO, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, EROL ALKAN, STEVE AOKI, A-TRAK, AEROPLANE

Last edited:
Fruitful week this has been, paid off my Glastonbury ticket and bought my TitP ticket just before.
Also probably gonna go to Creamfields.
I've done Leeds the past 3 years and I just fancied a change really...

I'm not going to a festival this year, going to Ibiza instead haha. We are going to Ibiza Rocks to see Prodigy though!

Not going to a festival but seeing muse at wembley on september the 11th :D cant wait