Festivals

Watched Jay-Z's set at Glastonbury live with some mates, he was awesome.

I dont like Jay-Z but his performance was great, ***** a genius. Started off playing Wonderwall to take the **** out of all the people saying that a rock act should be playing. He then eased the crowd further in by mixing well known songs into some of his, played the riff from AC/DC when playing 99 problems etc. He kept his songs short as well. In the end the crowd were loving it. Only bit I didnt like was that he seemed to be reciting poetry at random bits

Im going to Latitude festival and Bestival to work this summer, and am gona get paid at least 300 quid for both :). latitude's line-up ftw

T in the Park was awesome.

I saw...

Friday:
-Feeder - they were absolute balls, there was mosh pits, was like the only time i saw 14yo skinny losers at the fest.
-Chem Bros - 2nd time ive seen them, awesome! was right at the front

Saturday:
-RATM - BURN DOWN THE US EMBASSY
-Stranglers - well failed tosee them, tent was packed, couldnt get in, listened to Peaches from outside then left
-Erol Alkan - possible my fav act

Sunday
-Prodigy - Again awesome, even though i got a full pint off **** down my arm and on my jacket, was at the front for that as well, which i stood through 50 mins of the zutons for, well i sat down the whole time (h)
-Battles - Very meh and very good.
-Pendulum - was impressed, but was dying from the cold at this point

-Prodigy - Again awesome, even though i got a full pint off **** down my arm and on my jacket, was at the front for that as well, which i stood through 50 mins of the zutons for, well i sat down the whole time (h)

Haha well played for the sitting down during the Zutons :D

the zutons sucked i did like Kaizer Chiefs and REM though

didnt u watch all of Ratm, or Kaisers, cs ddnt they clash???

chemical brothers looked ace on tv, really got crowd goin crazy

you went to see kaizers instead of Rage and REM instead of prodigy :|

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/miLE0n44YuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/miLE0n44YuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/miLE0n44YuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/miLE0n44YuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hahaha that's awesome. Would have been better if the girl kicking realised just what she was doing tho :D

shut up, thats what makes it awesome the fact she didnt know what she was doing

Yeah agree with Gregor there, it's funny when she realises what she's done.

Just got back from Latitude festival, Mars Volta ftw

Omid Djalili (sp?) was fairly hilarious as well

Went to V yday......was fun day///****** muddy though!!

saw...air traffic (ok), Tokyo Police Club (good), Lost Prophets (dissapointing), Maximo Park (good), The Kooks (very good), Stereophonics (2nd best live band ive seen????), Muse (THE BEST LIVE BAND....ive seen)

Can imagine Muse were pretty immense. However the Kooks can't have been good, thats just a lie.

LEEDS FEST TOMORROW!

Just got back from leeds fest. Got to say I quite enjoyed Mindless Self Indulgence, Cancer Bats, The Gaslight Anthem, The Unseen, Tenacious D, The Loved Ones, Alexisonfire, ****** Up, Alkaline Trio, a bit of Dizzee Rascal (lawl).

Let downs were all the headliners. Imo none of them lived up to the name of a headliner, especially at a festival the size of Leeds fest. Rage Against The Machine were boring (every song sounded the same and they did little to get the crowd involved). Couldn't be bothered listening to Metallica (was pretty ******). The Killers had like 2 songs that were decent.

Highlight was definitely Anti-flag on lockup stage though. Not only because I knwo their music, but imo they got the crowd more involved and put on a more energetic performance than most the other bands. Thought they did very well on the main stage as well. Crowd seemed into it and they had a massive circle pit going.

Last edited: