FIFA 13: Ultimate team thread

I don't see why people pay for packs when you can buy them from gaining tokens within the game. I sold my ultimate team code for £18 to help towards the cost of the game. With that, I only paid £18 for the game :)

yeh me too i have had gotze 17k mascherano 15k essien 5k Valencia kept him and got a all rare prem team reads GK Vorm LB Gibbs CB Mertesacker CB Olsson RB Rafael LM Dempsey/Adam Johnson RM Valencia CDM Javi Garcia CAM Giggs/Sahin ST Giroud ST Balotelli cost me 33,250k BARGAIN imo

yeh me too i have had gotze 17k mascherano 15k essien 5k Valencia kept him and got a all rare prem team reads GK Vorm LB Gibbs CB Mertesacker CB Olsson RB Rafael LM Dempsey/Adam Johnson RM Valencia CDM Javi Garcia CAM Giggs/Sahin ST Giroud ST Balotelli cost me 33,250k BARGAIN imo
I saw Balotelli going for around 30k on his own! Good trading :p

My team after getting Falcao:
------------------Given--------------------

Richardson---Luiz---Hangeland---Walker

-------Cabaye--Ramires--Lampard

Biabiany--------Pato---------Robinho

My Bundesliga Team: SERVER | EA SPORTS Football

I've managed to make it into Division 1 of the online seasons already. I haven't played a match yet but I think I'm going to struggle to stay in there as even in Div 2 I came across a lot of teams with multiple world class players. As you can see I tend to go for average/bargain buy players.

My Bundesliga Team: SERVER | EA SPORTS Football

I've managed to make it into Division 1 of the online seasons already. I haven't played a match yet but I think I'm going to struggle to stay in there as even in Div 2 I came across a lot of teams with multiple world class players. As you can see I tend to go for average/bargain buy players.

how do you paste your FUT

My current team: SERVER | EA SPORTS Football

Just waiting for Buffon's price to drop.

I have 180,000 coins left, too. With around 50,000's worth in my trade pile, and around 500/600 players in my club, mostly Gold's.

How can people have that many coins, other than being pathetic enough to buy them or have played that much that they earned that?

How can people have that many coins, other than being pathetic enough to buy them or have played that much that they earned that?

How is buying packs pathetic? Playing matches gives you a tonne too if you use your EA credits on the 1000 x 10/15 UT coins, that's a free 25k there.

Anyway, my current premier league team: SERVER | EA SPORTS Football

Well I made like 600 coin profit on De Ceglie, bought him for 3,000 and sold him for 3,600. He goes for so high because of his pace as a full-back everyone wants him. So I assume that's the way most people make a fair bit of their coin.

On a seperate note this is the first time I have tried Fifa Ultimate Team and I am enjoying it but I was just wondering how are players valued, like how can a shiny gold Distin be going for like 2k+ when he is only rated 76. I got Astori and Mexes who are in my Italian team for like 1.5k for both of them together and they are better defenders? Is it because there is more people making BPL teams?

How is buying packs pathetic? Playing matches gives you a tonne too if you use your EA credits on the 1000 x 10/15 UT coins, that's a free 25k there.

From the packs I have got they seem to always be very average gold players like I have got Osman, Distin, Mignolet. Do you have to buy the premium gold packs to get the better players like 80+ rating?

From the packs I have got they seem to always be very average gold players like I have got Osman, Distin, Mignolet. Do you have to buy the premium gold packs to get the better players like 80+ rating?

Nah, you just get a higher chance with the premium gold packs due to getting 3 rare cards instead of 1. :)

On a seperate note this is the first time I have tried Fifa Ultimate Team and I am enjoying it but I was just wondering how are players valued, like how can a shiny gold Distin be going for like 2k+ when he is only rated 76. I got Astori and Mexes who are in my Italian team for like 1.5k for both of them together and they are better defenders? Is it because there is more people making BPL teams?

Many factors, including, but not exclusively and in no order:

Pace
Formation
League
Nationality
Popularity
'Shininess'

So yeah, it's best to have a look at the trading before you sell a player. :)

Many factors, including, but not exclusively and in no order:

Pace
Formation
League
Nationality
Popularity
'Shininess'

So yeah, it's best to have a look at the trading before you sell a player. :)

Thanks man for the help, I was kind of gutted when I only got Distin from my pre-order gold pack today but he seems to go for a fair bit!

Paying money to get the packs is a bit pathetic. Why play the game if you're just going to spend money to get the best players? Almost as bad as the people who buy level 90 wow characters, what's the point?

How the **** do people get 180,000 coins? :| - The game has been out three days!

Does anyone know how to make money? Obviously I play loads of matches but that's not really enough. Also, I used to buy bronze packs and sell them off cus you always got a ball worth 800 coins, but now they are worthless. Weird. Did get a random MLS player though who I sold for 16,500. :D

Also I wouldn't say buying packs is "pathetic.. I haven't done it yet but a pack costs less than 90p.. Not exactly expensive.

Last edited:
Just got a team of the week Dzagoev and a 1000 coins card in my EA Season Pass Gold Pack! Then got Beckham & Arbeloa in my Pre-Order pack. Not bad at all.

Also I wouldn't say buying packs is "pathetic.. I haven't done it yet but a pack costs less than 90p.. Not exactly expensive.

I think the packs are quite cheap this year actually. For the Gold Premium pack i think it works out at about £0.78 per pack. But if you are willing to pay for the 4000 FIFA Points (with +600 bonus) for £21.93 then it works out at around £0.71 per pack.

I'm no expert but they seem a lot cheaper than on FIFA 12. Probably because they lock you in with buying the FIFA Points as you have no option but to spend them on FUT.