Fifth place no failure - Mancini

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says he should not be seen as a failure if his side fail to finish fourth and seal Champions League qualification.

More...

we will see if Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan has to say about that
p.s. what a name

I think he will find himself on a plane back to Italy faster than he can say Pasta if they don't finish 4th.

that has got to be a joke surely
.......... they spent millions to finish fourth they should be challenging for title never mind 4th

money dosent guarrentee success yes it can give you a push in the right direction BUT it needs to be used properly and affectivly.

5th place with no European Football to distract them is a failure.

In his own mind has he conceded that they are not going to get fourth spot then. Thats worrying when your manager says something like that.

Reading back through this, i think this is a bit of Mind Games. i think he is trying to take pressure of his team, If they think it wont be a failure it might make them more relaxed and in a better mind set.

5th place with no European Football to distract them is a failure.

You think? Buying more or less a brand new squad, getting used to Hughes style of play then having to re adapt for Mancini.

I personally think they have had a decent season, If they had been consistant against sides like Burnley and Hull at home they would have secured 4th by now.

You think? Buying more or less a brand new squad, getting used to Hughes style of play then having to re adapt for Mancini.

I personally think they have had a decent season, If they had been consistant against sides like Burnley and Hull at home they would have secured 4th by now.

If we had beaten Wolves both home and away, we'd have secured 4th now.

If Hull had beaten everyone, they'd be 1st now.

See what I did there?

with dedication and effort my beloved manchester city will make it , i'm sure of that :D

with dedication and effort my beloved manchester city will make it , i'm sure of that :D

You've called them your "beloved" twice now, yet you supposedly support two other teams, and I would venture a guess that Porto are your first team, given the order you've chosen to represent them and your username.

Not sure they're as beloved as you make them out to be.

im portuguese and i live in oporto, so of course i have putted fc Porto first, but MY BELOVED MANCHESTER CITY ARE ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TO ME ! Mind your own business

Just mind games. He'll get the sack if Man ****** fail

im portuguese and i live in oporto, so of course i have putted fc Porto first, but MY BELOVED MANCHESTER CITY ARE ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TO ME ! Mind your own business

Why do you support Manchester City, out of curiosity?

I'd be put out by this if I was a City player, It doesn't inspire confidence that he's trying to cuision his landing if they don't get fourth. Personally I hope they don't and I hope we beat them on Saturday and they draw with Tottenham and the mighty Villains get 4th after being written off by the single celled sports pundits, I live in hope.

Back