Fifth place no failure - Mancini

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K
At least you make good points unlike most of the people on the site, I think Mancini staying is an excellent thing, but i still disagree on it being a failure, we have changed managers and we have a completely new style of play, I prefer it to that pumping everyone forward rubbish, you need a defence worthy of falling back upon, i think hes playing defensive so the defence is getting better at working with the midfield and better at defending in general, i do agree about pumping it up to tevez, i really dont like that, i have always criticised long ball and i hate any manager who plays it, Now i look like an ****, But i honestly dont think we could do anything else against arsenal or some of the bigger teams we have played, I wouldnt actually call it long ball, i call it a direct counter, however i prefer short quick football and i want us to play like arsenal

fair enough. i do see why mancini is playing like he is, he is a naturally defensive player, who adds attacking prowess on top, and with him you're about 2/3 there. as ive posted before, 4th place or not city will be a better side next season, IF they dont do something stupid and sack mancini

either way, we'll still be the better side in manchester (H)

For Mancini its not a failure, but for City as a whole its failure. Spending around 250M and not even finishing top4 is surely a failure for City's management. There are excuses that players needed time to get used to Mancini, but sacking Hughes was the mistake. Sacking Manager in the mid season is a mistake and city management should be blamed if they dont finish fourth.

Back