Fifth place no failure - Mancini

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K
If 5th's not a failure

why was Mark Hughes sacked?

since i was a kid( back in the day mainly the colours, they were nice), they've always have been underdogs, in the shadows of manchester united. i remember watching anelka score some nice goals for city :D now they have my favoourite player, Carlitos Tevez(who i follow since Boca Juniors).

do you think that's because of the money, or the great team that they have? Also, yes, i have always enjoyed see manchester city play, and btw MANCHESTER CITY WILL GO TOP 4, and your tottenham will go europa league, sorry ..

With the amount of money they spent they should have secured 4th a long time ago. The reason their not there is because they don't have a top manager.

He's a good manager no doubt. I wouldn't say one of the best though.

Spending over 200mill and finishing fifth is a failure for ****** but for Mancini it can't be called a failure because he didn't spend all that money

it has nothing to do with it sorry mate, im just saying that he won 2/3 titles with inter. that makes him what ? only a good manager ?

I think it would be extremely harsh to sack Mancini. It was Hughes who spent all the cash, not him, he cannot be blamed for this.

He's got some good wins, especially vs Chelsea at home and away.

I think it would be extremely harsh to sack Mancini. It was Hughes who spent all the cash, not him, he cannot be blamed for this.

well said

it has nothing to do with it sorry mate, im just saying that he won 2/3 titles with inter. that makes him what ? only a good manager ?

He is only a good manager, until he wins League titles in more then one place. He didnt win anything in europe at Inter within his 4 season.

Was Jose Mourinho a top manager, becuase he won the league title and uefa cup with porto. No he had to win the champs league. But even then he wasnt in the top 3, Not until he won league titles with chelsea was he one of the best. So you cant just be successful for 3 season, in a very one sided league, you need to do more.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

wasnt chelsea at home, with Hughes in charge?

fifth place would be a failure, but to sack him would be a step backwards, the team have started to adapt under him and respond to him, whatever happens they will be a better side next season

Won't be a failure considering they had managerial changes that always makes it harder

you are absolutely correct scott, ive just said that because serie a is hard

Back