Fifth place no failure - Mancini

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 3K
fifth place would be a failure, but to sack him would be a step backwards, the team have started to adapt under him and respond to him, whatever happens they will be a better side next season

I thought that the players didn't like mancini and wanted out if he wasn't sacked? Tevez doesn't like him and what manager says eat pizza and wine on match day?

I thought that the players didn't like mancini and wanted out if he wasn't sacked? Tevez doesn't like him and what manager says eat pizza and wine on match day?
tevez never gets on with anybody, look back at his career he is always fallin out with someone.

wow bellamy not like someone, i thought he got on with everyone,

a manager isnt there to be liked, he is there to do a job,

Better to be feared them to be loved.

Won't be a failure considering they had managerial changes that always makes it harder

They didn't do a Newcastle, they got rid of a average/poor Manager and brought in a World Class manager. If that makes things harder, then what makes it easier?

I thought there would be a thread on this, its in no way a failure, we needed to gel those players at the start of the season, and we did that then sacked hughes and brought in a world class manager, people who say this is a failure are stupid, chelsea didnt win the league when roman first came in oO)

I thought there would be a thread on this, its in no way a failure, we needed to gel those players at the start of the season, and we did that then sacked hughes and brought in a world class manager, people who say this is a failure are stupid, chelsea didnt win the league when roman first came in oO)

No ones expecting you to win the league straight away. Just with all that money you spent you should atleast get fourth. We came 2nd the year Roman came in then won the league the next year. I think it will take City a lot longer to win the league than we did.

If Shakey Jake Muhammed man had given Liverpool £200M we would be 1st and in the Champions League final. Man City = Fail :)

If Shakey Jake Muhammed man had given Liverpool £200M we would be 1st and in the Champions League final. Man City = Fail :)
im sorry but who is meant to be one of the best teams in the world and your struggling to get 6th? dont talk to me about failure

im sorry but who is meant to be one of the best teams in the world and your struggling to get 6th? dont talk to me about failure

*Cough* No Money + Infinite Injuries *Cough*

I don't make excuses, we've had a poor year..

But struggling to get sixth? What league table are you reading? We can still get fourth and personally I'd say we could get it ahead of Man City any day, although Tottenham are probably favourites. I can't wait to watch them get knocked out in qualifying like Everton did a few years ago.

*Cough* No Money + Infinite Injuries *Cough*

I don't make excuses, we've had a poor year..

But struggling to get sixth? What league table are you reading? We can still get fourth and personally I'd say we could get it ahead of Man City any day, although Tottenham are probably favourites. I can't wait to watch them get knocked out in qualifying like Everton did a few years ago.
the current spurs squad is actually very good, better than evertons was. and arguably better than yours is. should they qualify, as long they approach it in a positive manner they have the ability, on paper at least ,to deal with a good amount of european teams out there. and you can bet money will be spent in the summer if 4th is achieved

back on topic:
No ones expecting you to win the league straight away. Just with all that money you spent you should atleast get fourth. We came 2nd the year Roman came in then won the league the next year. I think it will take City a lot longer to win the league than we did.
and i agree with JDY on this, chelsea did the business with money they spent (unfortunately), and its only in europe that they havent quite done, thoughh they have come as close as you can get (wah terry). with amount youve spent youve got to be hitting fourth.

hughes was sacked beacuse of his "trajectory of results", i.e they didnt think he could get 4th place, and wanted a world class man who could get it.

you may think people calling it a failure are stupid, but fourth is an achievable target, and i cant see how failing to reach it can be regarded as anything less

I disagree with you, i feel that everyone jumps on the bandwagon to have a go at city whenever the chance arises, I still think we will get 4th, and we will attract some massive players to the club, But thats my opinion, considering hes come in half way through the season, and take a look at the massive difference of football we play, under hughes we pumped everyone forward and we had no defence, under Mancini we play a more cautious counter attacking game ( some call it boring ) and our defence has become very structured, im pleased with the state of the club, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks of us, the futures bright, the futures blue

Man city will become a force to be reckoned with as they can splash out as much as they want. I was expecting them to at least qualified for the champs league this year quite easily but its coming down to the last few games. They should of won at least some sort of silverware as well with the money spent and suprised me that they did not.

Man city will become a force to be reckoned with as they can splash out as much as they want. I was expecting them to at least qualified for the champs league this year quite easily but its coming down to the last few games. They should of won at least some sort of silverware as well with the money spent and suprised me that they did not.
i was disappointed with not winning silverware, but we havent won anything for over 30 years and i and other REAL city fans can wait another few, I think we splash over 300m out this summer, if that doesnt work and next year we dont finish in the top 4, then you can call us a failure

not necessairly true. just look at the classic case of real madrid for that. hundreds millions spent in recent years and very little to show for it, **** their two unwanted dutch players (robben and sneidejer) have just sent their teams to the CL final.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

I disagree with you, i feel that everyone jumps on the bandwagon to have a go at city whenever the chance arises, I still think we will get 4th, and we will attract some massive players to the club, But thats my opinion, considering hes come in half way through the season, and take a look at the massive difference of football we play, under hughes we pumped everyone forward and we had no defence, under Mancini we play a more cautious counter attacking game ( some call it boring ) and our defence has become very structured, im pleased with the state of the club, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks of us, the futures bright, the futures blue
well i guess we can agree to disagree, but while mancini will kep his job ( a good thing or city) anything less than 4th is a failure, bear in mind its the champions league that will help bring you that very driven top class player you crave, not just the money. those type of players crave trophies rather than cash

to be fair you still sometimes just pump the ball forwards. your counter attack game vs arsenal literlly consisted of two banks of four (very understandble and wise), but then when you got the ball back, you just lumped it for tevez to chase like a frenzied terrier, and while he will do it all day, hes not quick enough to outrun them, or tall enough to win it aerially, so the ball came back at you. the only reason you werent punished for it was because of your good defense, and arsenal being pretty much toothless in attack

not necessairly true. just look at the classic case of real madrid for that. hundreds millions spent in recent years and very little to show for it, **** their two unwanted dutch players (robben and sneidejer) have just sent their teams to the CL final.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

well i guess we can agree to disagree, but while mancini will kep his job ( a good thing or city) anything less than 4th is a failure, bear in mind its the champions league that will help bring you that very driven top class player you crave, not just the money. those type of players crave trophies rather than cash

to be fair you still sometimes just pump the ball forwards. your counter attack game vs arsenal literlly consisted of two banks of four (very understandble and wise), but then when you got the ball back, you just lumped it for tevez to chase like a frenzied terrier, and while he will do it all day, hes not quick enough to outrun them, or tall enough to win it aerially, so the ball came back at you. the only reason you werent punished for it was because of your good defense, and arsenal being pretty much toothless in attack
At least you make good points unlike most of the people on the site, I think Mancini staying is an excellent thing, but i still disagree on it being a failure, we have changed managers and we have a completely new style of play, I prefer it to that pumping everyone forward rubbish, you need a defence worthy of falling back upon, i think hes playing defensive so the defence is getting better at working with the midfield and better at defending in general, i do agree about pumping it up to tevez, i really dont like that, i have always criticised long ball and i hate any manager who plays it, Now i look like an ****, But i honestly dont think we could do anything else against arsenal or some of the bigger teams we have played, I wouldnt actually call it long ball, i call it a direct counter, however i prefer short quick football and i want us to play like arsenal

Back