Filippo Selva: Fiorentino's finest

Haha, hopefully he is a ninja and is worrying over **** all :p

Haha, hopefully he is a ninja and is worrying over **** all :p

Haha! A Sanmarinnese ninja! :D

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Sorry everyone got caught up in the story so much I forgot to throw in results, they're in there now ^^^ :D

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:54 PM ----------

Filippo's Hotel Room - 06.08.09
As I sit in my hotel room anticipating the glorious occasion of the TV match against massive rivals Carrarese at Porta Elisa I can't keep the money out of my mind. The money and those men, men with baseball bats some of whom would probably kill me for the fun of it even if I could produce 400k. I regret ever getting into business with the mob so much now and even more I regret what I did in England. I had the oppurtunity that kids all over the world would have cut their right arm off for and I blew it. Blew it for drink and parties. I had the chance to become a professional footballer and instead I drank myself to the point I couldn't see. I gambled the 400k away after I miserably failed my trial on a stormy wet day in Liverpool. When I arrived at the trial I was barely able to kick a ball I was so hungover. Everyone there knew it, everyone there hated me for it. For throwing away my chance when I had the ability. I could have been the most successful Sammarinese footballer of all time so when I got back my countrymen hated me for it too.

I got back and made up excuse after excuse to avoid giving the money which was long gone back to the mob boss. I had spent a year in England and I got 9 years back in San Marino living off excuses before they got fed up. I was got in an alley while taking a shortcut home from training. They had suddenly popped out from all sides blocking every escape root. I was incredibly lucky that two of my old school friends Luis and Marco just happened to be smoking something illegal down the same alley around the corner. They heard the commotion and came around the corner to check it out. They saw me in trouble and came running. They began laying punches into the mob men and I managed to break free. We gave the four of them a beating they'll never forgot and then legged it in case they had back up. I got out of town three days later, accepting a move to San Marino football club in Seravalle. A week later I received word that Luis had been shot dead on a roadside and Marco had fled the country. I was deeply saddened by this and I haven't heard from Marco since.

Four years later I was caught by the mob again in Seravalle. The f*ckers had found me. This time there were 16 of them and no magic appearance of Luis or Marco. They first asked me did I have the money and I simply replied 'No'. They beat the **** out of me to the point I was on the verge of death and dumped me in a ditch. I went in and out of consciousness for a few hours and finally a local farmer found me and called an ambulance. I was in hospital for a week and I was told that I could never play football again. I was devastated but I got through it and as I've said the San Marino national manager set me up with a job here in Lucca as soon as I got out of San Marino through the San Marino Calcio under 20s side that I was managing. I simply walked away into the streets of Ancona after the away match in the Italian Unders 20s cup. So here I am sitting on the couch and....wait whats that? I hear the creak of floorboards in the next room of my suite and I nearly explode, I knew I should have got out of here quicker. I picked up the first thing that I saw..an umbrella. I snook over and hid just inside the door. An intruder burst through the door and I swung. SMACK! A suited man with a pistol in his hand hit the floor. I picked it up and slowly walked out of the room. About 4 feet away was the back up. I fired a round in the air and leapt forward. He ducked at the sound of the gun and I swung a kick that would have done Lionel Messi proud. The connection didn't sound healthy for the intruder and he fell to the ground unconscious.

That was it. I packed my stuff headed outside flagging the first taxi and called reception informing them that there were injured men in my room. I then contacted the club and simply said : 'I was attacked in my hotel room, organise me a new place immediately' and hung up. I headed straight to the club and on to the bossmans office. Looking forward to my new apartment which will hopefully be a bit more secluded...

nice story just read it very in depth best of luck.
Thanks a lot mate :D Read ur Nottingham Forest story and it's very good but I don't follow because it's a Nottingham Forest story haha! COUNTY TIL I DIE! :p

Is Filippo related to Anthony Selva in any way? Because there is a international player called him and he's going to retire from international football in 2011.

Or was that just a coincidence? :D

Is Filippo related to Anthony Selva in any way? Because there is a international player called him and he's going to retire from international football in 2011.

Or was that just a coincidence? :D

Filippo has a long complicated ancestry so you wouldn't know! Is he Sanmarinese?

September Update

September

Results :

Lucchese 3-1 Carrarese
Chiacchio
Potenza
Noviello

Lucchese 2-0 Grubbio
Noviello
Cebolla

Prato 3-0 Lucchese

Lucchese 2-0 Bellaria
Noviello x2

September was a great month which saw us go top of the league after all great performances apart from the Prato game of course. After the incident at the start of the month I organised with the club that I move to a quiet spot just outside town near to public transport systems as I don't have a car. The chairman organised my new residence and I was extremely impressed with what I saw. The chairman told me I would have to pay rent but if we were promoted this season the club would buy the house for me.

New house :

modern-house-new.jpg

I fell in love with the beautiful modern style house the second I layed eyes on it and it was in a perfect area for me too. It was a few miles outside Lucca with a pub across the street, a shop around the corner and a bus stop right down the road. This meant I could get my friends from the city to come out to the village to have a few pints in the pub before heading back to the house to have all-nighter parties when I wasn't working. One of my favourite things about the new house was the pool table (courtesy of the club).

water-laden-pool-table_59.jpg

When not playing football as a kid I had spent all my time in the local pool hall winning money with my pool skills. I couldn't wait to get the lads over to play as I was 100% sure that I could whoop anyones *** at the game.

House inside :

modern-living-room-designs-01.jpg

modern-kitchen.jpg

modern-bedroom.jpg

Haven't been out much since the raid on my hotel sweet earlier this month but me and the lads are planning to hit a nightclub on Saturday night in the centre of town and I'm just gonna have to hope none of the mobsters will spot me now that they have my location. Of course I haven't told anyone the real reason that two armed men broke into my hotel suite. I pleaded to the club that it was a rough area and that I didn't feel safe there anymore. Although they organised new accomodation for me they were shocked as it was right in the centre of town and there was rarely even the slightest outbreak of crime there. I wanted to keep my dark history of criminal activity hidden to everyone around here. I wanted to move on and forget any of that ever happened but it was hard when men with big money and bigger guns wanted my head on a plate..

Last edited:
Great update Finn, love the pool table :)

October Update

Authors Note : Sorry about the lack of updates for a very long time there, I had taken a break from the story and had considered quitting but just today I played the game again and realised just how much I enjoy it. The story from this day on is 100% back on :)

October 2009

Results :

Fano 2-0 Lucchese

Lucchese 2-1 Manfredonia (Serie C Cup) 1st Rnd
Agostini
Chiacchio

Pro Vasto 0-1 Lucchese
Noviello

Lucchese 5-0 Sangiovannese
Potenza x2
Mariotti (pen)
Venturelli
Noviello

Lucchese 2-0 Poggibonsi
Chiacchio
Tricarico

Taranto 1-0 Lucchese (Serie C Cup) 2nd Round

I'm very happy with our football this month and it is definately showing in our results. We are starting to show our class and have gone top of the league by 6 points. The board and fans are starting to love me and most importantly I have a real bond with the squad. Sometimes on Saturdays we go on trips to the beach with the whole squad including fringe players and stay the night in a hotel by the sea. It really helps the lads bond and I find it reflects in our performances on the pitch when the players are friends rather than just work aquaintances.

I was slightly dissapointed at our exit from the Serie C Cup but it gives us more time to focus on our title race in the league for the rest of the season. On loan Francesco Potenza has been shining for us so I made a bid to Ascoli, they accepted and Francesco agreed terms. He signs full-time for us on the 1st January 2010.
Away from football.....
I have settled into my new area very well and I'm loving the new house. I've got over my nervous disorder by now and I've been hitting the town with the lads 3 times a week. Last Saturday was the best night I've had in a long, long time.

Paulo, Marco and Davide, the three San Marino City boys had swung by my house at 9 pm just as I was getting ready to get an early start to my nights sleep. Paulo beeped the horn on his fancy new convertable sports car. I ignored it but Paulo didn't take no for an answer so I finally gave in and walked outside. I tried to say I was tired but they just laughed at me. Marco and Davide got out of the car grabbed me under the arms adn threw me in the trunk. They locked it up and I bumped around in the dark for ten minutes before they opened it and helped me out right outside a booming nightclub in another suburb of Lucca which I'd never been too.

lax-nightclub.jpg

We all got wasted drunk and got up to dance. I started dancing crazily around the place with 12 bottles of Heineken and a few weird cocktails in my system. I accidentally fell into a guy and knocked his drink out of his hand. He was a massive Serb and he didn't look happy. He picked me up by the neck and slammed me against the wall. When he dropped me my instant, drunken, breathless reactions kicked in. I got up and hit him a full force kick in the stones followed by a box in the jaw. After I'd gone home played a few rounds of pool, had a physical encounter with an erotic Swedish woman in my room, fallen asleep on the toilet floor and woken up with a headache I found out that the man I'd punched was a neighbourhood bully. He went around robbing shops and forcing people to pay him protection money. I was a local hero.

In the next few days I was being greeted on the streets of Lucca with hugs and handshakes around every corner. Filippo Selva : The Serbinator.
While I was trying to enjoy all the heroism, something was bothering me. Everywhere I went there was someone following me, it was the same person every time. If it was someone strange it would have been better, I could have been ready for a fight or maybe called the Policia. I only got glimpses of him as he snook through the shadows on the other side of the road and the whole problem was I recognised him. I had no idea how but it felt like I should know him and that I'd known him all my life but I couldn't quite place a name to his face..

One evening after training, I took the bus home from Lucca and was heading down the alley that led towards my neighbourhood. It was dark and as I walked down the abandoned laneway I began to get a weird feeling. A feeling that someone was watching me.

2049118125_7a1e044e5e.jpg
As I approached the end of the lane I heard a rustle to my left in the bushes. I turned and roared 'Who's there? Show yourself?' I approached the bush but suddenly a hand went over my mouth and another closed around my chest. I started to fighted and hit the attacker an elbow in the rib. I pulled away and looked in disbelief at the attacker and man who had been following me for the last week.....
TO BE CONTINUED

I began stuttering, trying to think of something to say and I fell back against the chainlink fence at the side of the laneway. The man who had been following me for the last week, the man who had just snook up behind me, the man who was one of my closest childhood friends and one of the two brave men who had saved me from the mob all those years ago.

'Filippo...it's been a while' Marco said as a grim smile started to play on the sides of his face.

'Marco! Where have you been?!' I said as I pulled myself up from the fence.

'All over the world...Sydney, Moscow, London and now back slightly closer to home in Lucca, all the time trying to avoid facing the same end as Luis Ciavatta'

'Why haven't you let me know you were alive?!' I stuttered. 'I was sure you were dead in a gutter by the hands of the mob men'.

Marco laughed 'They have come close but old Marco is too smart, they had their best chance when they shot Luis dead back in Fiorentino but I escaped just as I escaped the last two time they came for me. I can't complain though, you're the real wanted man, the man who took their money'.

'But...the money' I stuttered. 'How did you know?'

'Ha! Everybody knows Filippo! What do you think the people of Fiorentino are, stupid?

'No but--'

'Keep safe Filippo, it's been good to see you' He said as he withdrew into the shadows'.

'Marco wait...' I started but I knew he was gone.

Marco Manzaroli was the most agile lad in our school and possibly in San Marino. He could get lost when he wanted to get lost and no one could ever find him, which is the reason he is not dead in a gutter. I sighed and started to walk away when I noticed a piece of paper on the ground exactly where Marco had been standing. I picked it up and unfolded it. I smiled as I read it allowed to myself.

'Dear Football Manager...and childhood friend. My number : *** *******'

I took out my mobile phone and tapped it in. I walked the rest of the way home and fell straight into bed.

I rolled out of bed the next morning with not a thought in my mind about last night. I got up and headed down to the kitchen where I prepared my tiny breakfast consisting of a glass of orange juice with two slices of toast. I lazily pottered about the house for a while thinking about discos and football matches when my phone buzzed on the kitchen island. I picked it up and looked at the screen which read 'One New Message : Marco Manzaroli'.

As soon as I had showered, shaved and got dressed I was on my bike on the way to the centre of the village where Marco had told me to meet him at the local pub for breakfast. I arrived and sat down by Marco right up at the bar. I should have guessed, with Marco the words breakfast, lunch and dinner all translate as drinking session. It was 11:00 am as me and Marco began catching up on the last few years. It was 16:17 as Marco and I stumbled out of the pub being chased by an angry bar man.

When I settled down in my bed that night I was aching all over. My back was killing me from where the bar man had hit me with a broom halfway down the street when I fell over the edge of the curb and everywhere else was killing me from partying harder than I ever had before in my life all night in the centre of Lucca. Paulo, Davide, the two Marco's and me had been at 6 different clubs tonight and it was now 05:15 in the morning. I was in serious pain all over and it was going to be an extremely horrible morning but more importantly...I had found a long lost friend...

Another solid update, im reading this word for word, keep it up

Very nice start ! Will follow good luck (H) Yeah the pool table is cool :)

Thanks lads :) Should have a football focused update tonight if I get time from my study, exams start tomorrow :(