Films You've Seen

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 179K
The bold one is crapper than a very crappy thing!

Tell me about it :))
Cant wait anymore for The Avengers,one of my favourite movies,along with Thor1,2...
Coming in 1 may :)
Also an excellent movir,Fast and Furious 7 coming in 5 april :)
With my favourite actor-Jason Statham

Other movies i've seen in the last 4 months:Guardians of the Galaxy,X-men,Days of Future Past,Teenage Mutant Ninja,Hercules(The Rock) Dawn of the planet of the Apes...and much others...

Just watching fear and loathing in las vegas, its very similar to the weekend I have just had ;)

On a night shift at work and I am being a total nerd and watching the animated batman films under the red hood and the dark knight rises and I have got to say for animated movies they're pretty dark and pretty awesome ;)

On a night shift at work and I am being a total nerd and watching the animated batman films under the red hood and the dark knight rises and I have got to say for animated movies they're pretty dark and pretty awesome ;)
You like DC comics ? ;)

Just watched Against the sun,Child44,Dragon Blade,Ant-Man,Spy,Insurgent,Jurassic World,The Avengers AoU,and others I can't remember. :) Must say,all pretty good movies.

Yeah liked them in my youth, still a big fan of marvel and DC all these movies coming out is like a wet dream ;)
Haha,me too,still can't decide between Marvel and DC,they are both awesome. I like all their movies+their TV shows,including Arrow(fav),The Flash,Agents of SHIELD,Daredevil...
I though I'm the only one who's crazy for this. :p

Over the last one month or so, I've watched Hugo (story of a runaway boy who lives in a 1931 Paris train station and discovers the treasure of film history), Silver Linings Playbook (a balanced film that veers between traditional romantic comedy and a mess of a story), Wadjda (set in Saudi Arabia where women cannot drive or vote; a touching film with some very good performances), How to Train Your Dragon 2 (thanks to my son who loves playing these dragon games based on the characters of the film) and Amy (based on the life of one of the biggest and most popular music icons in the British history).

Eagerly lookiing forward to the March 2016 release of Batman versus Superman: Dawn of Justice as well as The Jungle Book in April next year.

Misa back!

[video=youtube;yo7_qW4pPrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7_qW4pPrc[/video]

So , new Star Wars.

I didn't think it was possible to make worse movie than the prequels.

It was.

So , new Star Wars.

I didn't think it was possible to make worse movie than the prequels.

It was.

As bad as Phantom Menace or Attack of the clones? No chance. I enjoyed it but it does have problems imo, I'll try and talk in code and not give spoilers away.

I liked Fin, but we could have had a little more of why he decided to defect.

The set pieces are amazing everything as a fan you could expect, when we see Po in the x-wing that was amazing and I was genuinely excited at that point but it was after that point the movie went downhill for me.

Genuinely cannot remember the heroine's name and she is instantly forgettable imo, that is a massive issue.

The story, they played it very very safe and its a rehash of old really.

But here is my biggest issue, the story telling is wank. Star Wars lore is as deep as a mainstream fictional universe gets and they did not do it justice at all. The movie needed 10-15% less action and 10-15 more story telling. Like who are the first order, how have they acquired all of the empires stuff, who is that big fugly leader and without giving away too much about Kylo Ren how the **** did that happen. Also the main plot twist is bullshit.

For me the big set pieces kinda got it out of jail but the next one needs more story telling. It is hard because the original 3 are imo some of the best films ever in the right balance of story telling, action, emotion etc. This lenylt too hard on action. Sorry if i am not making complete sense been on it sonce yesterday suffering now.

As bad as Phantom Menace or Attack of the clones? No chance. I enjoyed it but it does have problems imo, I'll try and talk in code and not give spoilers away.

I liked Fin, but we could have had a little more of why he decided to defect.

The set pieces are amazing everything as a fan you could expect, when we see Po in the x-wing that was amazing and I was genuinely excited at that point but it was after that point the movie went downhill for me.

Genuinely cannot remember the heroine's name and she is instantly forgettable imo, that is a massive issue.

The story, they played it very very safe and its a rehash of old really.

But here is my biggest issue, the story telling is wank. Star Wars lore is as deep as a mainstream fictional universe gets and they did not do it justice at all. The movie needed 10-15% less action and 10-15 more story telling. Like who are the first order, how have they acquired all of the empires stuff, who is that big fugly leader and without giving away too much about Kylo Ren how the **** did that happen. Also the main plot twist is bullshit.

For me the big set pieces kinda got it out of jail but the next one needs more story telling. It is hard because the original 3 are imo some of the best films ever in the right balance of story telling, action, emotion etc. This lenylt too hard on action. Sorry if i am not making complete sense been on it sonce yesterday suffering now.

See, that's exactly the problems I have with it too. The prequels were garbage, but at least they've had an interesting story they wanted to tell. Force Awakens just doesn't have that. Its basically Original Trilogy Greatest Hits. The only thing it has on prequels is competent direction and much improved visuals. Everything else is rehashed material.

The other issue I have, is that despite all the bombastic action, it all feels very minimalistic. There's no sense of galaxy-spanning scale. One thing I always appreciated in original trilogy and in the prequels, is how much effort went into showcasing all the different planets. Naboo, Corusant, Tatooine, Cloud City, the droid planet. They all have different cultures, different political systems, different fashion, different architecture, wildlife and so on. A lot of effort went into that ****. The best moments in Star Wars was always Luke, Han and the gang flying around in the Falcon and about to land on some planet. It gave you that sense of wonder.

Here? Well they visited some planets but I don't even remember any of their names.

my way to see Batman vs Superman fully expect it to be horrible tbh, Ben Affleck as Batman I just don't see it hope I am wrong but I just have a **** feeling bout this movie. Will report back tomorrow!

So Batman Vs Superman, will not give any spoilers you're all safe just give my thoguhts overall without getting into the story at all

well start this off by saying its a solid overall 7-8 out of ten for me, by no means as good as avengers or the guardians of the galaxy. It seemed to suffer from the same thing as Star Wars relied way to much on action and not enough story telling. Again same as star wars you have some pretty deep lore but it was all pretty much white washed over. That was one of my main niggles, second niggle Ben Affleck I am sorry but Bale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Affleck and that's all I have to really say about him. Other niggle was it was way over dramatic in places and the musical was off putting at times. But solid super hero film, Cavill is excellent as Superman and I am in love with Wonder Woman. Action scenes are amazing and it does somewhat get it out of jail, I would go as far to say the action is on par if not better than avengers. But what the avengers has is it does not take itself to seriously whereas this movie does. Oh well roll on the Civil War

So Batman Vs Superman, will not give any spoilers you're all safe just give my thoguhts overall without getting into the story at all

well start this off by saying its a solid overall 7-8 out of ten for me, by no means as good as avengers or the guardians of the galaxy. It seemed to suffer from the same thing as Star Wars relied way to much on action and not enough story telling. Again same as star wars you have some pretty deep lore but it was all pretty much white washed over. That was one of my main niggles, second niggle Ben Affleck I am sorry but Bale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Affleck and that's all I have to really say about him. Other niggle was it was way over dramatic in places and the musical was off putting at times. But solid super hero film, Cavill is excellent as Superman and I am in love with Wonder Woman. Action scenes are amazing and it does somewhat get it out of jail, I would go as far to say the action is on par if not better than avengers. But what the avengers has is it does not take itself to seriously whereas this movie does. Oh well roll on the Civil War

I'd give it a decent 7/10. Few too many dream sequences and a few super cheesey lovey moments that I always hate in films. Thought Lex was good. I never made it through Man of Steel so didn't get all the references of that. The fight between Batman and Superman was done well!

I've watched Batman v Superman, and muat say, i'm pretty impressed. I was waiting for this movie for so long, so glad that i watched it.
9/10, imo, almost perfect, just those dreams were not that great and i would of love more action.
Anyway, i basically loved the movie, it was awesome.
My humbling opinion. :D

I am finding this trailer A LOT more interesting than Force Awakens. I mean come one-Shadowtroopers, All Terrain Armored Transports, Imperial Star Destroyers, Death Star.......I nerdgasmed :D

[video=youtube;Wji-BZ0oCwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg[/video]

Fk the Euros. I'm about to leave the house to nerd it up with the Warcraft movie.

World of Warcraft is love.

World of Warcraft is life.

#Nerdtothemax

Watched a few recently.

Deadpool - Dogshit
The Big Short - Excellent
Creed - Meh
Bad Education Movie - Meh