Final Fantasy 13

flybysilva

Reaction score
Final Fantasy 13 is set for release in the UK a week today. This is an exciting time for all RPG fans. Does anyone have any hot gossip on how good this game will be. eg story, gameplay, battlesystem........etc

I am planning to burn onto DVD for the 360 and complete it on there. Then, if I feel the game has enough re-playability, then I will buy it for the PS3 and play it through some more times, while aiming for max level and defeating all the side-bosses.

I am really looking forward to the game, as despite the series getting worse (in my opinion), I think the storyline for this one and the graphics will make it worthwhile.

I can not wait for this game, hopefully I won't be left disappointed at a lack of re-playability that I think it might suffer from.

Yeah i think final fantasy peaked at 7 then has got worse from there. Although i really enjoyed 10.The reviews for 13 from japan has been up and down but mostly up.

this better be the last Final Fantasy. I am not a fan :S

Nah not yet. They have already announced final fantasy 14 online. Due out early 2011 i think.haha gutted Nick Main

Yeah, I may play FFXIV too. It depends if SW:TOR works out. :)

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:37 PM ----------

I just got the first DVD for FFXIII on 360. :) Will let you know my first impressions when I actually get to play it.

Yeah, I may play FFXIV too. It depends if SW:TOR works out. :)

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:37 PM ----------

I just got the first DVD for FFXIII on 360. :) Will let you know my first impressions when I actually get to play it.

Yes please do. How did you manage to get that. Im jealous.

We have a couple of flashed 360s in our house. I downloaded the game and a friend burnt it onto DVD.

I have never been able to get into the FF series. Looked into this game, Do you reckon it will be a good place to start?

As good a place as many.

Who knows, you may end up wanting to play the older ones, which, in my opinion are the best ones anyway. :)

Give it a go, but if you're not sure about it, try and borrow it from someone when it's released, or try find it discount somewhere.

Pre-ordered this last week for PS3, can't wait!!

I have never been able to get into the FF series. Looked into this game, Do you reckon it will be a good place to start?

Since it's not an actual SEQUEL, I'm sure you'll be fine if you started with FFXIII

The early stages of the game (I've only just started) seem to be based around three separate stories with various characters who will presumably meet up at some point. The 'Save Point' in this game also acts as your local convenience store, which makes me think that there are no actual shops in this game, which is a shame.

In regards to the battle system, it seems you control only one character in your team and the other two support you during the fight based on the settings you have provided them. Again, not sure how I feel about this yet, but as the battles become more intense and the menu options more clustered, then perhaps I will grow to appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:20 PM ----------

After 8 hours, I'm onto Disc 2.

My friend is using the 360 for a few days now though so it'll probably be a while before I complete it.

I must say, the game is extremely linear throughout the entire first disc. The story seems alright I guess, and I like some of the characters. Overall though; the game hasn't really captivated me like the others in the series did.

Here's to hoping it opens up more and gets more interesting as you go further in.

The early stages of the game (I've only just started) seem to be based around three separate stories with various characters who will presumably meet up at some point. The 'Save Point' in this game also acts as your local convenience store, which makes me think that there are no actual shops in this game, which is a shame.

In regards to the battle system, it seems you control only one character in your team and the other two support you during the fight based on the settings you have provided them. Again, not sure how I feel about this yet, but as the battles become more intense and the menu options more clustered, then perhaps I will grow to appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:20 PM ----------

After 8 hours, I'm onto Disc 2.

My friend is using the 360 for a few days now though so it'll probably be a while before I complete it.

I must say, the game is extremely linear throughout the entire first disc. The story seems alright I guess, and I like some of the characters. Overall though; the game hasn't really captivated me like the others in the series did.

Here's to hoping it opens up more and gets more interesting as you go further in.

Be sure to tell me whether it's worth getting by the end.

Be sure to tell me whether it's worth getting by the end.

I will. If I think it's worth it, I'm planning to buy it for PS3 anyway myself so you can play that one.