Final Fantasy 13

only played the older FF, best games of all time SW KOTOR :p cant wait for the 3rd, when is it getting released? anyone playing Dragon Age?

only played the older FF, best games of all time SW KOTOR :p cant wait for the 3rd, when is it getting released? anyone playing Dragon Age?

SW KOTOR > FF

Although I do enjoy FF games there is nobody better at RPG's than Bioware, even the Japanese ;)

I think they are making a game called Star Wars: The Old Republic, I don't know much about it but I think it's an online game with very similar game-play to the KOTOR games.

Dragon Age, I love that game! Got it on PC and couldn't get off it for weeks :p Excellent game

Hey guys, this thread isn't called 'BioWare RPGs'.

On topic: The game has remained linear, and I am now 17 hours through.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:21 PM ----------

Well my adventures on FFXIII have come to an end for a while. I reached disc three... however, unlike all previous Final Fantasy installments, this one requires you to change disc before you can save your progress. Now that isn't too much of an issue if you have a legit copy, but when you have a burnt DVD version, then you sometimes get disc-read errors, and this happened to me when I changed disc. Unfortunately, I had just beaten a difficult boss which took about 20 minutes to progress onto the third disc, and wasn't able to save afterward.

Soooooooooooo... I can't be bothered to fight it again if there's a chance it won't read the disc... again.

As for the game itself; it's extremely linear throughout disc 1 and 2, with no option to do any side-quests or exploration outside of the given locations. I truly hope that disc 3 allows you to do the 'world map' thing and expand your horizons a bit. The story is beginning to get more interesting, but it's overshadowed by the overall disappointment of the game so far.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Oh yeah and my play-time is 25 hours, though 5 hours of that was me watching television while I left the game running.

So 20 hours from start > disc 3. Feeling far too short to be a Final Fantasy game really.

I cannot wait for this game. It is going to be immense!

Just got the flashed disc 3 to work for 360, so I won't have to buy the game just yet. :)

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:00 PM ----------

Just completed the game. Did an all-nighter to make it happen. 8-|

I'm only like 2 hours into the first disc,with coursework,and other shiz,i can hardly get onto it.The graphics are immense,the story is a bit confusing but i think i understand it,but it's not hooked me yet :(

Im also two hours into the first disc **** my job stealing my FF time :'(.

But the game so far is immense if your a true FF fan you will love it the battle system is fun and isn't totally free roam like 12 altho i would like to control all of the characters not just the group leader.

The story has alot of potantial even tho im not far in and obviously i won't get a true picture yet i understand whats going on and im eager to learn more.

As for the comprasion to the Bioware games the JRPGS are a totally different genre its not meant to be in a big open world like DAO was or Oblivian or KOTOR all epic games btw well except for Oblivian could never get into that :(

I enjoy Linear Rpgs and theres plenty of side quests out there aswell well from what the game manual says :p

Got myself a week booked of work from Friday so 9 days of hard gaming coming up only interupted by seeing Trivium Saturday :D ohhhh and the soundtrack is awesome aswell :p except for Leona Lewis of course.

Have got up to Chapter 4 on the first disk and I must say it is immense. The new way to improve your character is unbelievable.

Its a cracking updated version of the Sphere Grid on 10 well it is to me i like it :D Altho still waiting for materia to make a comeback :p

I completed the first disk last night, and its pretty epic. Apparently the main story is only 40 hours long or something though :(

40 hours of main story isn't to bad when u think about it add in all the side quests and optional content then as always there will be a grinding espect of you needing items to upgrade weapons etc which will take hours i will be happy if my first run through takes around the 60-70 hour mark.

Disc one apparenly is about 7 hours which got me woried but.

Final Fantasy XIII's director, Motomu Toriyama, has been interviewed by a Japanese magazine to answer a few last minute questions before release. In the interview, Toriyama discloses how long the main scenario of Final Fantasy XIII should be. He states that for experienced Final Fantasy fans it should take 50 hours to complete the main storyline and about 60 hours for beginners. That's a good sign for those of us who have been waiting over 3 years to play it. Let's just hope the story lives up to our expectations.

A very short Disc one theres still 43 hours of gameplay it seems in the next two discs unless this guy is just lying his *** off. Along with the side quests that are mentioned we could be looking at a 70+ hour game maxing stats and so forth for the Ultimate boss that always resides in a FF Ruby weapon Omega Weapon etc.

If the main game know ends at about 25-30 hours i will not be happy, watch this spce of the 6 oclock news for a strange white man kicking *** but at sqaure enix headquarters.

Disc one apparenly is about 7 hours which got me woried but.

Final Fantasy XIII's director, Motomu Toriyama, has been interviewed by a Japanese magazine to answer a few last minute questions before release. In the interview, Toriyama discloses how long the main scenario of Final Fantasy XIII should be. He states that for experienced Final Fantasy fans it should take 50 hours to complete the main storyline and about 60 hours for beginners. That's a good sign for those of us who have been waiting over 3 years to play it. Let's just hope the story lives up to our expectations.

A very short Disc one theres still 43 hours of gameplay it seems in the next two discs unless this guy is just lying his *** off. Along with the side quests that are mentioned we could be looking at a 70+ hour game maxing stats and so forth for the Ultimate boss that always resides in a FF Ruby weapon Omega Weapon etc.

If the main game know ends at about 25-30 hours i will not be happy, watch this spce of the 6 oclock news for a strange white man kicking *** but at sqaure enix headquarters.

Did first disc in under 5 hours. xD

I wish I had enough money to buy this :'( I may have to try and trade some games in to get this, as I want it soo bad.. I kept seeing the advert last night, it was like being tortured!

I completed the first disk last night, and its pretty epic. Apparently the main story is only 40 hours long or something though :(

Only? :O

Dunno if thats sarcastic or not :p

I thinks thats pretty short. Im playing FF VIII on PS1 and ive been playing about 10 hours, and Im still on disk 1

Dunno if thats sarcastic or not :p

I thinks thats pretty short. Im playing FF VIII on PS1 and ive been playing about 10 hours, and Im still on disk 1

Try FF 7 on PS1. It took on average 19 hours on first disk.

I completed it in 48 hours earlier this morning, and this included a lot of additional time grinding and doing side-quests too.

The main storyline is very short compared to its predecessors unfortunately. However, there is a lot of side stuff to do during Chapter 11 on disc 3. If I wanted to, I could have made the game last over the 100 hour mark. However, I just wanted to finish the main storyline; I'll go for full-completion of the game later when I buy it for PS3.