Final Fantasy 13

Haven't begun playing yet, but I'm so excited, it looks just stunning.

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed players on here eventually. :$

The graphics are brilliant. And the way you level up is very good. Someone was thinking outside the box that day :p

Going slightly off topic, I wish they would recreate the old games for the new consoles. I struggle to understand the older versions, and the graphics put me off a little

So I've heard. Looking forward to the new battle system, also sounds incredible, although it sounds a bit iffy only being able to control one character.

To be fair, controlling multiple characters on disc 3 with the amount of things going on would get really, really confusing.

I won't go into detail as it might contain slight spoilers, but you'll see what I mean late into the game.

So I've heard. Looking forward to the new battle system, also sounds incredible, although it sounds a bit iffy only being able to control one character.

True but there is couple of things to compensate that. You will find out.

I completed it in 48 hours earlier this morning, and this included a lot of additional time grinding and doing side-quests too.

The main storyline is very short compared to its predecessors unfortunately. However, there is a lot of side stuff to do during Chapter 11 on disc 3. If I wanted to, I could have made the game last over the 100 hour mark. However, I just wanted to finish the main storyline; I'll go for full-completion of the game later when I buy it for PS3.

Think im gonna be a happy bunny, Should take me alot longer i hate leaving stuff behind if its not right at the end, like dark aeons in 10 i completed the game then went after them bad boys.

If the story is good enugh about 40 hours will be fine for me i think even FF7 didnt have much more then 40 hours of solid story the time took to get to places and to do caves dungeons etc need to be taken into account.

But i can only give my true opinion once im done should eb this time next week :p

Right right. What's this with multiple discs, though? For Xbox, or what?

XBox 360 uses 3 discs, as the game is on dual-layer DVD format. PS3 uses a single Blu-Ray disc for the game though.

Disc 1 on 360 took me about 7 hours or so without rushing, and was by far the shortest, so don't let that put you off.

Mwahah, inferior puny console with no blu-ray capabilities ;)

Indeed. We can only point and laugh mockingly from our golden Sony thrones.

Not sure if anyone is aware of this as well, but Final Fantasy [Versus] XIII is a PS3 exclusive.

See here for information.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in role-playing games of the online nature [read: MMORPGs], then Final Fantasy XIV is set to be released on both PS3 and PC, but not 360 apparently.

Gonna be buying Versus got a PS3 aswell but don't use it that much.

FFonline i will prob give a miss them type of games take your soul and to be really good at you need to play about 10 hours a god **** day ... i nearly lost my life to World Of Warcraft lol.

Will get Versus as well, also looks quite slick.

I've played the new one for the past 3 days now. And i just keep comparing it to the old one (last one) that came out on the PS2. I really enjoyed it. It was a challange, the levels were huge and you could spend ages fighting and levelling up. So far......XIII just doesn't seem to have this kind of gameplay. :(
hopefully it picks up cos i got well excited for this one.

Also FF7 was the 1st game I got one the PS1 when i was like 8/9 IMMENSE!

Seriously you throught FF12 was a challenge ? I one shoted every single boss with the massive chain limit breaks you could do, till level 60ish you could exploit the leveling system as much as u wanted building stupidly big chains which yeilded massive exp and also mass amounts of items that provided you with unlimited Gil. Apart from that you could also set you team to auto mode and just aimlessly run around while watching a film to level up and not even nearly die. FF 12 bar FFX2 is the easiest and most mind numbing FF ever made.

This FF already has a better battle system the story seems solid and the way you level is immense and is capped in the chapters so the game is a challenge, FF us a linear type game 12 they tried to escape that and failed hard imo if i wanna play non linear games il play Dragon Age Mass Effect Fallout KOTOR etc Japanes rpgs.

Not sure how you can love FFVII and not be buzzing of this game apart from Leona Lewis its ace upto now.

Every Final Fantasy game has its own story, separate from all the others. Final Fantasy XIII changes its intentions dramatically during the latter half of the game. FFXIII is ambitious and daring, not to mention gorgeous and energetic. It approaches the concept of "role-playing games" with ruthless pragmatism, lopping off hunks of RPG tradition. It's provided Tactical Paradigm System, Impressive visuals.

Every Final Fantasy game has its own story, separate from all the others. Final Fantasy XIII changes its intentions dramatically during the latter half of the game. FFXIII is ambitious and daring, not to mention gorgeous and energetic. It approaches the concept of "role-playing games" with ruthless pragmatism, lopping off hunks of RPG tradition. It's provided Tactical Paradigm System, Impressive visuals.

Hi Gamespot. <)

just got this for a tenner from Blockbuster, I'll get round to playing it soon. got about 15 hours or so of Final Fantasy VII left, and pretty much all of Final Fantasy IX to play through too

just got this for a tenner from Blockbuster, I'll get round to playing it soon. got about 15 hours or so of Final Fantasy VII left, and pretty much all of Final Fantasy IX to play through too

After many hours of bliss on those games, prepare for 50 hours of pain.