Fine Man Utd!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the BBC news report on the story. the fielding of a weakened team against Southampton was taken into consideration.

And no action was taken on that game... That was the Premier league verdict at the hearing..................

Read the BBC news report on the story. the fielding of a weakened team against Southampton was taken into consideration.

Why don't you read it, were does it say they were fined for making changes in the FA cup. It's a Premier League rule so it does not apply in the FA cup.

Well compared to Crawley this aint a weakened team.
And it even has some established names like Brown and Carrick and CHIIIIICCCHHHHRRRIIITTOOOOO

Regardless whether United get fined or not, be it in the premier league or in the FA cup or whatever, the rule is ridiculous - why have a squad of players if you get fined for using them??

In cups, 13y olds can play for you .... haha ... it's your gambling, but anyway .. Man Utd will win, altough I'm for Crawley !!! huhuhuh

I have nothing against Man Utd but surly with them making 10 changes and them not picking there strongest team to face Crawley they should be fined? The FA rule says nothing about if you field a weakened team and win its okay they just say you must field there strongest side so surly a case for a fine. But we all know it wont happen!!

Mountain out of a molehill much?

End of the day, Manchester United have shown Crawley great respect playing the likes of Carrick,Anderson, Hernandez. playing and even rooney on the bench who might even get 5minutes I;m pretty sure Crawley will be happy with the players on show.

I have nothing against Man Utd but surly with them making 10 changes and them not picking there strongest team to face Crawley they should be fined? The FA rule says nothing about if you field a weakened team and win its okay they just say you must field there strongest side so surly a case for a fine. But we all know it wont happen!!

Different rules for FA cup. Nothing says you cant field a weakened team, unlike in the prem. just read it on BBC, someone else said a similar thing

The only reason the rule is in there is because if a team fields a weaker team in the league a loss can affect the standings of several other teams. This, however is not the case in the FA cup.

Another thing everybody makes a big deal about Man Utd not being fined for things that other clubs do..

But why is their never any complaints when Arsenal field a young squad ? Bit of jelousy towards United IMO.

As others here have pointed out it's a premier league rule. Nothing to do with the FA. However no matter who's rule it is it's a ridiculous one. It's insulting to the players who come into the team. Who is to say one player is stronger than the other? How do you decide that?... Transfer fee?... Statistics (Passes complete, Shots on target, Tackles completed, Clean sheets etc)?... Or perhaps it's judged by something as simple as public/media opinion?

Whatever way they feel they can justify that rule it's simply wrong. Teams register 25 players at the start of a new season and nobody should be able to say which players a club plays in any particular game, premier league or otherwise!

Yes but Crawley are **** so it's exscusable.

Wouldn't say crawley is **** mate especially if you watch the game they have played really nice football and proved themselves against Utd today. They can all go home proud

Law 15 (a) states,

Each team participating in a match shall represent the full available strength of each
competing Club.

Interesting.

I think we have already came to the conclusion that this is league rules not cup rules :S

End of the day players such as Rooney,Carrick.Hernandez, Brown & Fletcher even rafael have played part in this match think its time this thread was just ignored because its pretty stupid and clear that most people complaining about it are just ****** off because 'their' teams don't win as many trophys.

Would love to see your team line ups if you were playing a non-league side morons.

Edited for Mancinis pizza's pleasure.

Last edited:
I think we have already came to the conclusion that this is league rules not cup rules :S

End of the day players such as Rooney,Carrick.Hernandez, Brown & Fletcher even rafael have played part in this match think its time this thread was just ignored because its pretty stupid and clear that most people complaining about it are just ****** off because they're teams don't win as many trophys.

Would love to see your team line ups if you were playing a non-league side morons.
That is taken from the rules of the FA Cup.

End of the day players such as Rooney,Carrick.Hernandez, Brown & Fletcher even rafael have played part in this match think its time this thread was just ignored because its pretty stupid and clear that most people complaining about it are just ****** off because they're teams don't win as many trophys.

Why is your team playing? Who are Rangers playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.