FM 2010 Installation Problems

I have got the game a day early and I' am unable to install it because it isn't released until tomorrow. Is there any way i can get round this?

i've got the full game n is halfway through the season

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

football manager 2010 is well betta than last years 09

I got the Full game today, installed it using the offline method, and it works fine. I was wondering, is there way, other than using steam, to install it so a disc is no longer required. I was able to do this on FM2009 without using steam

Ok I've got a problem. I try to install FM through Steam, so it says "Steam - Updating" and it says the percentage next to it and below it says "Updating Steam Platform". The problem is it just keeps getting stuck on random percentages, like 30%, or 42%, and it's increasingly frustrating as I can't play the game. Help please.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Help anyone?

Last edited:
I think you have to wait till tommorow if you want to install through steam

just installed and wen i load it up im getting cant find fonts/vera

any ideas???????

desperate to play this bad boy :(

when i try to start mine it comes up with the box and saying football manager 2010 has stopped working windows is searching for a solution can any1 help. i down loaded with steam aswel is 100% de-crypted and everything

I installed everything properly via steam and Online installation. But when it comes to starting up the game, the box comes up saying "Steam is preparing to Launch Football Manager 2010". But then nothing happens, its like it doesnt read the disc. Anyone know whats going on? ive tried reinstalling.

I installed everything properly via steam and Online installation. But when it comes to starting up the game, the box comes up saying "Steam is preparing to Launch Football Manager 2010". But then nothing happens, its like it doesnt read the disc. Anyone know whats going on? ive tried reinstalling.
Go to Computer> C Drive> Steam > Steam apps > Common > FM 2010. in there you should see a little fm 10 icon,open that and it will load from there.

Go to Computer> C Drive> Steam > Steam apps > Common > FM 2010. in there you should see a little fm 10 icon,open that and it will load from there.

followed your instruction but it still cant load
"this application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this prob."

Please help :(

I've tried to install via steam but get error message football manager 2010 10.1.of84847 keeps coming up but can not find any solution, anyone able to help please
.Many thanks

If it's not working via Steam, either continue to re-install it, or have you installed DirectX? That helps run it, I had that problem with FM09, so try that. If not, go into your C Drive and find FM, JP Woody has put instructions to do that on page 1

I've tried to install via steam but get error message football manager 2010 10.1.of84847 keeps coming up but can not find any solution, anyone able to help please
.Many thanks

I'm having the same problem.

Have you all got Direct X? Type in on Google "Can I run it?" and click on the first website, then choose on the games list FM 2010, and it will say what you need to run it.

Have you all got Direct X? Type in on Google "Can I run it?" and click on the first website, then choose on the games list FM 2010, and it will say what you need to run it.

there's only football manager 2009, there's no football manager 2010

When I installed FM2010 yesterday, it said 'Install via steam' and 'install offline'. And it said if you install via steam, there will be no need for a disc. So i did this, and it still keeps saying I need a disc =/ any help?