FM 2010 Installation Problems

JP Woody

Reaction score
Any installation problems with Football Manager 2010 or the demo please post your problems in here,give as much information as you can regarding your problem and members will do there best to help you when they can. Cheers.

I have installed the fm2010 demo and the installation was completed with no problems. I was able to play the game until it crashed, now whenever I try to start the game I get the usual intro until the loading screen (one where the different languages come up) then the screen just goes black, the computer doesnt freeze as I can still use other programs, any idea's about what could be causing this ???

I have installed the fm2010 demo and the installation was completed with no problems. I was able to play the game until it crashed, now whenever I try to start the game I get the usual intro until the loading screen (one where the different languages come up) then the screen just goes black, the computer doesnt freeze as I can still use other programs, any idea's about what could be causing this ???
Sounds like the old black screen problem,this his how it was fixed on FM 09:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f68/black-screen-solution-t10905.html

i tryed to install fm10 but it comes up with error when on directx the second one i dwnloaded what can i do

have downloaded demo but coming up with failed to start as could not find d3dx9_41.dll file. Please help am desperate to play

i tryed to install fm10 but it comes up with error when on directx the second one i dwnloaded what can i do
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256182

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

have downloaded demo but coming up with failed to start as could not find d3dx9_41.dll file. Please help am desperate to play
There is a solution to that problem on here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4031158

JP has answered that problem in the post above yours.

I downloaded the Vanilla Demo but don't know what programme to open it with - any ideas?

when i run the exe file i get this screenshot and it disappears in a second. How to install???

I downloaded the Vanilla Demo but don't know what programme to open it with - any ideas?

Look in the C:\Users\username\Documents\Downloads folder. Unless you downloaded it with a specific programme?

Hi, i can't install demo...not vanilla and not strawberry versions because of the the same problem...when i open the setup file it opens installAnywhere window and on the 100% of loading it writes "Please select another location to extract the installer to". I have a lot of space on HD, i;ve tried to path to another locations on the disk and it still not works...PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi, i can't install demo...not vanilla and not strawberry versions because of the the same problem...when i open the setup file it opens installAnywhere window and on the 100% of loading it writes "Please select another location to extract the installer to". I have a lot of space on HD, i;ve tried to path to another locations on the disk and it still not works...PLEASE HELP!!!!
Do you not use Steam? Its so easy with a steam account,ive never had a single problem with installing patches or demo's using it,everything is done for you.

http://store.steampowered.com/

Downloaded the demo and when clicking to launch it a warning appeared saying something about my graphics and i wont be able to view the 3d match. My laptop has never encountered problems with any other games (wow,fm09 etc) so shouldnt have problems with stuff like this. Or does the new fm really take alot to run the new 3d match's.

Downloaded the demo and when clicking to launch it a warning appeared saying something about my graphics and i wont be able to view the 3d match. My laptop has never encountered problems with any other games (wow,fm09 etc) so shouldnt have problems with stuff like this. Or does the new fm really take alot to run the new 3d match's.
The 3d match engine has been further enhanced.

I downloaded the game , but I can`t find the product key :(

but there are no keys for the demo, its free

I thought he was talking about the real game :(