FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

I think another nice feature of the game nobody has mentioned yet would be Games For Windows integration and giving it Achievements. FM has been on the Xbox 360 in the past so I'm sure they already have the bulk of the code for that feature lying around somewhere.

btw - the tactics building interface in FMLive is what they are trialling to go into FM10.
Dunno if you play FMLive Sean but have you seen the tactic builder on that? Something like that would be good for beginners.

No I havent played FM Live since the very early beta's which was before that tactic builder. Sounds good though. If they can refine it they should definitely include it in FM 2010 as it will make things much easier for new players.

i think we should b able to type our own team talks instead of selecting them

The only thing with that though is how does the player know what your words mean? It would need a very complex program to be able to translate what you type into a meaningful team talk.

I would like them to stop adding 'features' (there is too many), and make the ones they have now work properly or get rid of them.

Also, I would rather they spent time making the game prosess ALOT faster. I am not sure how they could do this, but seriously, it has become such a slow game. Most of the time I am alt - tabing to something else while it 'proccesses'.

Over all, I think they should return to the over all simplicity and style of the much older games, the stuff they keep adding now has become tedious window dressing which can't be ignored.

Yeah I think they have a very good base. All the main 'big' features are already in the game. It's just a matter of refining and streamlining everything to make it faster and a much better game to enjoy.

I want FM 2010 to take up less memory. It runs so slow on my laptop and I have installed a 2GB RAM :/

Yes they really need to do something about the speed and how much memory the game uses up. It's ridiculous compared to other games.

another small addition can it be fixed so that the full time whistle doesnt blow when your still on the attack......it can be VERY annoying

innit the match graphics are shokin and realy annoying and i wanna kno if they could take out crash dumps cuz tht seriously get on my nerves

I think another nice feature of the game nobody has mentioned yet would be Games For Windows integration and giving it Achievements. FM has been on the Xbox 360 in the past so I'm sure they already have the bulk of the code for that feature lying around somewhere.

I like that idea. It would encourage more people to do LLM or try some more obscure countries. For example, im currently managing in the Bulgarian second tier with Nesebar and im really enjoying it.

yh i kno but if they can try nd reduce the occuranse tingy tht wud be fab but im getting my laptop full cleansed so it was prob tht innit

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I like that idea. It would encourage more people to do LLM or try some more obscure countries. For example, im currently managing in the Bulgarian second tier with Nesebar and im really enjoying it.
i tink its a gd idea but it may be a waste of memory because there will be the mojority of ppl whu dnt have live or can onli jst fit the game on now so but otherwords im all 4 gettin acheiments on xbox

I would love to bring the idea of a fantasy league time thing where you create your own team given a bunch of regens to work with and go to town on the leagues from start to finish.

They could take some real good hints from an old Amiga game I use to play called Ultimate Soccer manager.

In the begining of this video you see your stadium, you could do anything on this screen including minor details like places burger vans outside the ground and even setting Hotdog prices.Really immersive game for its time!

Also Ultimate Soccer Manager 2 gives you a better look at the stadium freedom!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK2sqz0vu7Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GK2sqz0vu7Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0SsI9-eb0QM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:
what the ****.
surely betting is illegal if your a football manager.

The main problem with these debates is people are trying to fix something that isnt broken and doing wat SI do is the best way, slowley develop and improve and change things that need to be done so, allthough i have seen some good ideas, like the improved press conferences, i would like a better scouting system, that can be suited to ur type of team be it small or large.
I think the whole idea of stadium designing is very nieve, because all new people to the game, would just be starting new games and constantly designing, personally that put me off of LMA, i think fm is by far the best!! football game peroid, i believe the combination of match experience, indepth transfer and player information and system, and the hugely complex 3-d match view makes Football Manager more gun to play than anything. And Sports Interactive should be proud and pleased with the time and effort they put in :) and i love this website for the content and downloadables congrats guys :)

I dont think they should go as far as the video links I posted, they are from an old game.But it would be nice to see your stadium in much better detail even if you have nothing to do with the overall layout and expansion.

Another thing I would like to see is a improved and nicer looking tactics screen eg:

SS-2009.06.07-12.43.jpg

Compared to the one now it's a thousand times nicer to look at and use...

I think the whole picture thing is a bit too much....

team talks/individuals at half time and team instructions when your really pushing for the goal or defending like mad to hold onto a result i think it would be a good idea to be able to shout instructions whilst playing a match at players or the team

i.e. a player keeps making mistakes 'get your act togther/keep on your man' or team 'go for the goal, give it everything you have' to try and boost your actions. positive and negative effects which can occur on the result. seeing as managers are always screaming from dug outs during real matches lol

Yea i lik the picture idea ;)

Erm talk to subs also good.. actally have a postion to place a Supporting Stirker

And defo need to improve the database, i mean is it just me or being 2-0 and you end up drawing or even losing happen too often! It really annoys me :mad:

i think that you should be able to choose your own team's sponsor

Yes i can see it now sir alex telling Mr Gill that United should be sponsored by Umbro because it looks better and AIG nahh **** that david how about we go for Mcdonalds

It's football Manager people...not Football Director

Well first of all we need more realistic stadiums, and related chants from fans, and able to see fans reacting and cheering...also more realistic press conferences...it gets too repetitive and boring...
another good addition will be that the managers who start off as no experience can earn coaching badges...
also the 3D view has to change...its like looking at zombies playing the game...:p