FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

I agree with Kris, this is football manager, i agrentuee no manager is consulted over their stadium design, your sponsor, thats why fifa isn't realistic, its a fantastic gane but not realistic. where as football manager does everything possible to give you as great an experience and as realistic experience possible.

So i believe changing the game monumentally would put avid fans off of the game.

You should be able to design your kits and choose a sponser every 2 seasons or something like that. Also choosing the upgrades for your stadium would be pretty cool.

First post, here goes.

Ive read the thread and agree, this is a management game, and all suggestions making the management side more realistic is what I would like to see.

I have a suggestion about player personalities. I think it would be cool if players were to 'let themselves down' and be in the press for wrong reasons. Im thinking about in recent times Ledley King and Steven Gerrard and perhaps most notable Joey Barton being involved with the law. Its something thats not nice about football in general but managers IRL have to deal with these sort of things, it can affect dressing room harmony club image etc.

I dont know about others but my love for FM stems from how realistic the game can be and these type of issues would add a little more IMO.

When you create a manager and you have the option to have past experiences like:
Sunday league
Semi pro..... and so on
It would be nice to have a more in depth manger history, like having your managers player stats for the teams he had played for and how many appearances and goals.
Maybe choosing his old position, e.g Striker and now when ever you sign a striker he (the striker) will benefit more from playing under you and develop quickly.

i think these are all really good ideas, and also the language thing would be good, cos say, you make yourself romanian and do well in romania, and english club wil rarely approach you cos you cant speak english, so it would be nice to learn other languages, also somebody said about better press conferences, and job interviews too, i think that would be interesting, and also like someone said like all the real managers have like tactical 17 or attckin 18 stats lke that, it would be good if we could have coaching stats like that too

I would like to see a real economy, I mean some real transfer budget and another thing I will like is a realistic management situation, specualtions about your manager position. I mean that if you get some good results, there can come your chairman and fire you because they want to give a chance to another coach.
Like in real life.

I will expect with pleasure the new game. :D

Another thing I would like to see is a improved and nicer looking tactics screen eg:

SS-2009.06.07-12.43.jpg

Compared to the one now it's a thousand times nicer to look at and use...

have made that work in your game or is that a mock screen? looks ace!

It's a Manager game. Those aren't the things you should be concerned with.

well the fact is sean that there are a lot of people who want to build a stadium and you were asking for our opinion and some of us feel this would be a good feature.

also i think that buying some players is EXTREMELY hard in 2009, because I try to buy kaka and they don't let him go for under 136million or something ridiculous, its the same with players like fabregas and xavi, because in real life if 50million or 40million was offered for fabregas i reckon arsenal would accept.

Last edited:
personally i fink there shud be an option where u get 2 create ur own team or nation with a load of regens but realistically.You shud also get to create and customise ur kit with a real team.

yeah if you are going into like 2018 you are still using a strip which you used like 10 years ago they could make some feature which allows you to create a new strip after a few seasons but nothing unrealistic where you can change a newcastle strip for example from the classic black and white stripes to pink or sumthing like that.

i want side ways arrows back and to be able to get wingers arrows into the box

i don't think d stadium idea shud b introduced a gaffer has nothin to do wit it mayb come up in a meetin between chairman and manager..i think they shud introduce more interaction between chairman and manager as chairman may make requests..also press conferences shud b varied d qs lik..i think d maanager should b able to do somethinwit d wages they earn donate money to club..cant really faut fm top game...not missin much only needs few updtes lik german national team b good..more money when u do well wit small clubs..

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

also would lik to see billionairs takin over smaller clubs..bringin them up through divisions..

An option to slate the board would be nice.
Testimonials for players also.
Maybe be allowed to start off as assistant manager?
How about only being allowed to begin at lower level and work your way up to managing a top side?

Yes an option to slate the board a very good idea.I think testimonials a great idea too.How about the manager/chairman having meetings about the club.Another idea maybe that you would have the option of getting a technical director or an advisior for experience.

i think there is definitely a need for more interaction between the chairman and the manager, also between the players and the manager.

for example, if you are a club like aston villa or everton and you are looking to sign a big name, more often than not he has no interest in you. i think there should be an option where you can tell the player you are looking to build a squad for the future, or something like that, instead of only being able to offer him the highest wages and hope he signs.

also, i think the board & fans should be more appreciative of what you do for the club. i got exeter city successive promotions from coca cola league 2 to the championship, and then finished in the playoffs in my first season there, and wasn't even a favourite person of the club. if this was real life i would have been an icon. and the board seem to forget what you did for the club last season, as i always finish the season with job security as very secure, but then it just drops to stable from nowhere.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

oh and also i definitely agree that you should be able to do something with the wages you earn.

How about a new box you can tick on individual player instructions called support the forwards? that way you can tell midfielders to get into the opposition penalty area when they can.

I think being able to attract very good youth players down to a good youth training programme and history of good player development, unless this is in the current game oO)

Also a more basic tactics setup and options so that beginners can do well with a basic tactics programme and an advanced tactics for the pro's which is more in depth because when I started playing football manager I NEVER won :p

have made that work in your game or is that a mock screen? looks ace!

It's just a mock up screen.

well the fact is sean that there are a lot of people who want to build a stadium and you were asking for our opinion and some of us feel this would be a good feature.

Yeah I understand it's stuff some people want to see but then again there are a lot of people who don't :D

a few ideas

1. id like to be able to ask the board for money to sign a particular player, for example with liverpool i could say i really need a bit more money to sign david silva.

2. to interview players before they join your club (i know this has been said and i think its a great idea)

3. to be able to say more than one thing in team talks, like "You can win this game! All you need is one more goal, do it for the supporters!"

4. to be able to signal to the fans in a match to get behind the players, like when you are 2-0 down or at 0-0 with not long to go its always good to see on the TV the fans get behind the players, this could have a good impact in the game

5. following on from 4, it would be great to be able to mention the fans in press conferences, if theyve helped your team win then you can credit them, or if they dont like you you could ask for their backing in the next match for the benefit of the team

think no.1 from mikelfc is a class idea if the chairman thinks he will be a quality signing in real life he is obviously going to give you the money to aquire the player