FM 2010: What Do You Want To See?

i think that you should be able to upgrade ur stadiom and also the tactic screen to have player faces on it also be able to change ur kit each year and choose your sponser also be able to create wot you look like a bit like fifa manager and choose if you want to be a player manager last but not least have a personal life were you can get maried and have kids again like fifa manager opps nearly forgot make the stadioms better

I think being licensed by the Premier League may help, save people creating logos and player picture packs

1. Go back to showing the kit on match overview

2. Be able to spend the wages you earn, for example 1.learn new languages 2.Take coaching badges to upgrade skills 3.any other ideas?

3. Make players more open to be sent on loan or be transfered and not just rot in reserves

Great Idea mate.

i like the idea of talking to subs before they come on, and giving intructions to players during the game.

On an older game, (i think it was LMA) they had little video clips were it showed someone signing a contract or scribbling across the contract if they're not happy with it.
they were only little videos and it never showed who the player was, i think it was great.

I like the idea of having proper newspaper reports, with headlines and interviews. it adds a more realistc look to it.

when the club is getting a new shirt sponser, i think the board should ask you if your happy with the deal. so then they may look for a new sponser and then ask you about that one.

Last edited:
I agree that you should have players with you at the press conferences. Also you should get 3 choices of new kit to choose from the board when the current design expires. There should be an all new manager view in matches where you can walk around the dugout, shout things and tell your players to warm up.

There should be an all new manager view in matches where you can walk around the dugout, shout things and tell your players to warm up.

This would slow the game down and take up more memory. You might be ok with that yourself, but there are a lot of people, myself included, who wouldn't be.

I don't think they need to add in lots of quirky features, the one thing that keeps getting me back to FM and keeps me away from LMA, is that the game is very simple in what it does. What i think they should do is not add any new features in, just improve the ones they have already. For example, the press conference system is just too **** samey. Also, you can slate a players perfomance but beacuse you said you wanted Kaka to win player of the year, he's happy. The match day engine is too clunky and needs improving, team talks to subs is a must too.

Hmmmmm I have had a long hard think.

• Need movement arrows back (properly not just the stupid ones they have now) on the tactic screen.
  • Need that speed thing back for watching games with commentary only, think someone made a program for FM05 but there hasn't been one since. I enjoyed that. I know SI didn't make it but they should!
  • Should shorten the load screens when first opening the game.
  • Should release the game as a beta to a select group, then iron out all the errors and bugs (as many as possible) before releasing to the public.
  • Should release the game at the end of a transfer window rather than just before (just before xmas)...might be difficult I know.
  • Game should come with a selection of professional skins...cant be bothered downloading any but get bored of the one.
  • Should make it so some players actually have a sense of loyalty, not jumping at the chance of moving whenever anyone declares an interest.
bored now.

i like the idea of asking chaiman for money to sign a player this is why i would introduce meetings between chairman and gaffer would improve game.teamtalks could be change too by telling a sub he will play final twenty minutes and have a big impact.also mentioning fans in press conference a great idea.

being able 2 build academys abroad and nurturing even younger talent. (wonder children)

affiliate with clubs you want and not the board drafting you teams that never seem 2 play therefore players sent there dont improve!

mabe some sort of tutorial were unexperiance brokensjnf8ewhce8.com can earn there coaching badges.

being able 2 take ur manager profile from one game 2 the next, just becoz youve started a new game or the next years installment doesnt mean ur not a world class manager.

and why is a player ie guilerme for my rangers team year4 at LB worth 10 million then wen ac milan buy him it goes up substantally!

the 3d game is good but not great could do with running smoother.

choose were 2 send players for surgery,

be able 2 vue more of your manager stats and take more a role in training 2 improve them ie attack. defence etc

manage both a club and nation.

1) To be able to release statements about referees, ie to complain about their refereeing in previous matches (spurned by a referee sending 3 of my players off and awarding 3 players against me in a crucial match earlier today!)
2) Reserve/U-18 manager mode. Introduce it at national level with U21s and U18s and if it works well then it could be introduced in FM11 at club level.
3) Edit option for manager profile, e.g adding favoured clubs, people.
4) Scout option for managers to view matches at international tournaments or in other leagues to personally scout players rather than relying on your scouts.
5) Like the idea that you could have a say in choosing the new kit when the current design expires, same could go with sponsors. Different sponsors could have other benefits (larger company = international attention, richer company = investing in club facilities).

How about smart defending? Seriously it happens to me once a game but when a ball is knocked to the wing in near my box (or a similar position) the defender sprints at it and hoofs the ball into the crowd when there is nobody even remotely close to him. It's ridiculous as it just gives them a chance and this kind of amatuerism does not commonly occur in real life Premiership football.

i definatly think reserves should be more open to loans and the emergancy loan option should be included as well as the idea of the issue hands off warning bein followed and finally the transfer list should be a little more realstic and change from time to time

If you have excess transfer budget, you should be able to put this into your clubs bank balance to get them out of the red. I am Atletico Madrid currently with £15M transfer budget that I don't need, 130K under wage budget, but £5M in debt. Also side-ways arrows, Interaction with subs, improved 3-D engine ( I don't use it ) and more press conference variety.

i'd like to see the all comp career goals of the player in the player histoy, instead of just tracking their league goals (yes i know you can see it when you click a specific season).

and a player stat record, i.e. whats the most he has gone without scoring, or how many he has scored in a row

and going over the top but i'd like to see the training, i.e. a training match between the first team and reserves etc...

excuse any spelling errors

1. instead of having football manager and football manager live why not just have an online database? if its possible

2. be able to see how much a player has improved since you bought them

3. make the tactics more custom, like at free kicks you can be able to tell the players to shoot, pass lay-off pass/shoot...

Last edited:
this is just something really simple, in real life when you look at the top goalscorers charts, it show there goals in, cup, euro, and premierleague, i would like that to be brought onto the charts on fm10, it just looks far better and more impressive than if your striker is banging in 40 goals in a season but when you look on top scorers shows only 22 goals.

I want to be able to create my own club from scratch. including building up my own stadium over the years.