FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just playing fm and had a thought, at the moment i am keeping an eye on some of my youth and reserves and watch the matches to see how a certain player is doing, and i was thinking maybe they should add a 'Matchday info' box which show indivisual player stats on the tv view? just a thought, let me know what you think

I think the fans shouldn't become so unhappy as I got Havant & Waterlooville to Fa Cup 4th Round and lost at home to Fulham 1-0 and they were unhappy rather than being happy at our cup rup beating Rotherham, Charlton and Portsmouth + 3 more teams

During a board takeover id like to have the ability to say if it happens you will leave the club
Example I dont want Roman Abramovich to leave Chelsea so if board takeover was happening id announce I leave if he does

Testimonials defently, you can offer the player a testimonial when he announces retirement or is about to leave the club, obviously doesn't have to be compuslry maybe you dont want him to have one. Maybe hes been a back up and played only 5 times over 10 years. Intergrate it so that you can offer him one if hes been there for 10 years over 2 periods.

Player biographies should stay in the history tab when a player retires and starts working as a coach/manager/whatever..

i understand this happened me on fm08 i think it was..

i had a career game for 15 years or so and when you have career that long you do have and eye on your legacy and where you stand up with the greats , so you check the Worldwide Hall of Fame more regularly.

granted it doesn't really effect game but its like the game world isn't recognizing all your hard work and not acknowledging your achievements in game -i'm not sure if it effects your reputation when it disappears and i think its just a bug that the database doesn't save after so many years or room to save data clears

-suggestion-

i think we should have a profile that can retire form game then reload that profile another time and pickup somewhere after for different club or in another league / country because sometimes jobs offers don't come available for whole season

at moment you can reload a profile but its without any career progress stats

Heres a list of features that could benifit the game.
.More player power: (its too easy to keep hold of superstars and create a dream team with the likes of reading. Even then when your tottenham and not winning trophies, big players (say you signed kaka) are not too bothered about not achieving and they just say "uhhh" and no abillity to force a sale.
The best managers can talk them around and produce results on the pitch and push up the table every season but most cant and there sold to the likes of chelsea, man city, barcelona, real madrid. If i was Arsenal, i would love to see the likes of Fabregas leave me and join Barcelona with no control anddone everything within my power to stop him.
It makes you remember that chapter and carry on to prove fabregas wrong.
That hes made the wrong decision. I mean Liverpool have kept hold of El Nino this season,
but hes likely to go if they dont buy or finish in the top 4.
Ferguson did well to keep Ronaldo for an extra season. Gerrard has been loyal through the years. Certain players love certain managers but sometimes shocks do happen.
Say you have brought up the next messi with tottenham. His contract negotiations 'should involve the club, winning the league/champs league next season'. Otherwise he wants out.
There is Loyalty though but every big player wants to win trophies.
If he sees your club is on the up, then that 'could' keep him happy with matching his ambition. Age should
play a part too. An older player being less ambitious and more loyal. Where as a young player could see a team and a manager on the up.
What im trying to say is that players should have more power but with a bigger brain otherwise this could go wrong.
Ok you cant develope this over night but each football manager new addition should work towards this.

.Crowds singing club songs. If Liverpool was to sing Y.N.W.A after a memorable game it would play a part in a more enjoyable expierience.
Fans chanting your name only after a few seasons though. They chant players names and have real songs.
I want the fans to play a bigger part. They could hate you or adore you.

.Certain Chairmen get involved more In transfers more..... Some chairmen get the players
they want rather than letting the manager choose. The clubs need more of a variety. There all the same at the moment where as in real life managers say i dont fancy that challenge as the chairmen doesn't offer me much control.or there cutting your budgets for facillities and a new stadium. As that chairman looks towards the future rather than the present.
Or they want to sign english players (aston villa)
Or they want to bring youth through (Arsenal)
Ok the managers makes these decisions sometimes but sometimes they dont!
Maybe after proving your worth (the likes of ferguson) you get control of the full club. You get to decide the best way forward.
Making it harder to build a world class reputation!! I was at AFC Wimbledon. I moved up to league one and was a world class manager! Not a major trophy in sight.

.On player developement: Young players arn't born with a gift (unless there tall etc.) playing, playing and more playing makes them the players they are today. Gerrard was no where near the player he has become. People used to say "ok, he can pass, but what else can he do", How wrong they were!
How much they play when there kids has a massive effect too. (Robben, Messi etc). Sadly theres not much clubs can do about small children playing football. Thats why people think its natural abillity, but honestly theres no such thing. The harder you learn the better you become at anything. Gerrard, rooney, carragher etc have become even better because
the level they was learning at is much higher than the average. Being put on a pitch with players with world class talent have made them in to there own. Thats why english clubs, Liverpool etc should give there best youngsters as much game time as possible. Building there confidence builds there abillity too. When fans see a local lad they get behind him from the start, giving them every chance.
Football manager should let the user develope his own players this way through hard work.
Ok not every player can become a messi but if they get enough first team football in hard/big games, with a 10 training ground at least they could become a name and a hit with the fans (Carragher)(Neville)(fletcher).

.Letting players do certain tricks. Like Zidane with his famous 360. Or Ronaldo doing free kicks and step overs. Or Ronaldinho taking the absoloute mick out of your team. Each player needs there own unique way. This will also make the game more enjoying and addictive if deployed right. Id love to see Ronaldo hit a free kick with his style. Football manager
players act nearly the same. They should move differently.

.The above idea brings me on to another idea. World class players or the 'BEST' players arnt so far apart from the average player. 'I mean messi moments should happen'. Theres no point buying world class players when there more expensive and do the same job.
its mainly wingers that dont resemble thoughs in real life. When giving messi a free role, he should be able to run the game and do stuff other players cant. When it comes to player dribbling, very rarely do you see players dribble past players and go on runs. Not only
do i want players to have brains off the pitch i want them to have brains on the pitch.
The best goal i have ever seen was by a guy called natuka on fm 2009. he dribbled all the way from the right back position and scored. I knew this would never happen again! It was
different but i remebered it! He left that memory in my mind just like gerrard or messi does for there clubs fans. Im not saying world class players on football manager
arn't better. Im saying they dont have the abillity and the character to do what there surposed to do.

I understand that FM can't work magic.

change the name to 2012 now as 11 is out on friday

Bumping this thread as it is actually FM2011 now.

During games, it would be nice to chat with your physio to see if a player's injury is dangerous. Only a small thing but the player could be a game-changer.

i would like to see 'non important games' having lesser impact on your job status, fan confidence etc. Example if your already qualified for Champions league with 2 games in hand within the group stages, it shouldn't hurt your confidence levels with board and fans if you lose that game by using players within the rotation or some youth players it shouldn't have any impact because you have already qualified?

I would love to be able to start out as a coach or assistant manager first and work my way to manager i think that would be quite cool :) also i would love to be able to use the money i own e.g. by a lower league club and be the chairman aswell of that club that would be really cool :)

also as stated above being able to tell the club and fans you are about to leave would be really cool and i would love that :D

Would it not then become 'Football Assistant manager'?

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Better pre-match stats: Joe Bloggs has scored against Anywhere Utd in 5 out of the last 6 times he's played against them. MyStreet FC have the worst away record in the league this season and are playing a team that has the second best home record.

Ball boys are a must.

Players getting suspended for failing drug tests. (Not too often though.)

Kits changing every 2 years.

Um, FM 2011 is out already, has been for a long time....

Status
Not open for further replies.