FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably been asked here before, but does anyone know the release date of the demo?

Some good ideas on here, and some bad ones. We have to remember the game is a sumulation of being a Football Manager, not a Football Chairman, Kit Designer or even a Stadium Designer. Even the ideas of just being a Coach or an Assistant Manager dont work for me, mainly because it's not the point of the game and thetre would be very little to do but also because the game would essentially need a comlete overhall and that is definitely not needed. The game itself is a very good representation and for my money the nearest we'll ever get to being a Football Manager, anything included that isn't within a real FMs remit would only take away from the game... Such as designing new Stadia or the new away Kit, it just doesnt happen. A FMs job is to concentrate on the football side of the game and thats how it should stay.

Here are a few of my suggestion, some may have already been suggested but I havent had the time to read the prior 22 pages (much as I'd like to)

List of transfer targets - As much as I enjoy buying (and selling) players on FM the reality is that more and more these days it's solely the Chairman negotiation transfers based on lists of players submitted by the manager. Depending on the infrastructure and stature of the club you could submit a list to the Chairman every transfer window and ask him to target a set number of players (with conditions so as not to be buying 3 GK's etc) You could then liaise with the Chairman regarding these transfers, this could also bring into play your relationship with the Chairman etc...

More interaction with the Board - I'd like to see Managers answerable (and commended) on a more regular basis i.e explaining good/bad results and good/bad transfers etc... This would help the manager to build (or break) relationships with the Board and also increase his stature within the club. This would replicate real life similar to Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa etc...

Testimonials - These could be built into contracts.

Celebrations - Not so much player celebration buy team celebrations when winning a trophy you could see the players parading the trophy around the pitch, possibly doing a lap of honour etc (This could be optional because it might not be everybodies cup of tea)

Interim Managers - Again this just replicates real life whereas an Assistant Manager could be put in charge until the end of the season until a permenant replacement can be found.

International Call-ups - As a manager I'd like the option to say that I feel one of my players is playing well enough to warrant a call-up to the National Squad, this could help improve relation with that player but be a negative if it's an unrealistic comment.

Mostly minimal alteration to what is already a very good game and continues to improve every year.

If anyone has any comments I'd be happy to hear them.

Realistic lower league transfers... Would a striker at Kingstonian really sign for Whitby Town? No, he wouldn't... he would stay in the area & go to a local club coz he can't afford a new house up north on £150 p/w part time contract lol

Ability to announce your intention to resign from your current post instead of just resigning there and then leaving everyone bewildered.

Choosing from a number of selectable reasons as to why you'd like to step down.

Ability to announce your intention to resign from your current post instead of just resigning there and then leaving everyone bewildered.

Choosing from a number of selectable reasons as to why you'd like to step down.

I do like this idea, it replicates real life... This could also result in a positive/negative performance on the pitch i.e Alex Ferguson 2001

i agree with most of the thread's above, i would like to see in the new football manager that if you start the game without a club that you can apply to be a manager of the under 18's and reserve team, this then would build up your rep as a manager...

adding agents on the game would be a great add-on to the game, to negotiate contracts etc..

transfer defo need to be upgraded because on certain average players in the game you as a manager have to pay outrageous fees just to get to the contract stage

You can with B teams in Spain, though.

I'd like that during a match, before the rival does a replacement, the player ou warm-up and the commentarist would comment on it. He could just say "Player McBencher is warming up, seems a sub is coming" or make a guess as to what is the intention "Player McBencher is warming, surely in as striker in place of Starter O'Midfield". Of course, if he made a guess, he could get it wrong. But that way you could make a change of instructions to work immediately after the sub is made, instead of having to wait a possible lot of minutes until the OI changes are performed.

I tend to set the OI for the bench players from the start, but anyway I'd like this possibility.

not without being the manager of the first team aswell

I'd like to manage Man Utd/Arsenal reserves, that would be very interesting with young talent and having big players gain match fitness with you for a few games.

not without being the manager of the first team aswell

I'd like to manage Man Utd/Arsenal reserves, that would be very interesting with young talent and having big players gain match fitness with you for a few games.
Yeh it would add more realism to the game as most managers generally don't go straight into first team managemant, instead learning their trade under another manager and managing reserves/under 18's.

I would love to be able to build youth camps in other countries so you could discover talent from anywhere in the world

In match improvement

This is not a big change, but it would improve the in match experience. If your team leads with some goals, you may not remember who scored the goals, you now ave to go to the statisctics screen or the match details ( i dont really know what that screen is called in English, because i play with Norwegian).

Therefore, in FM 2011 it would be good if you just had to point the marker on the timeline where the goal, card or missed penalty is placed. Then there could appear a little box or something where there stood who scored or got a card or missed a penalty.

Just a tought, ( i dont know if that is spelled correctly:p)

Realistic lower league transfers... Would a striker at Kingstonian really sign for Whitby Town? No, he wouldn't... he would stay in the area & go to a local club coz he can't afford a new house up north on £150 p/w part time contract lol

Thank you someone else also notice's this, also players don't really give a **** about loyalty, if there at a club a month or two and a club say in the BSP who's in the local area came along and offered him a deal, he won't say i won't say "No thank you I have just signed for this club", Most in all levels of football only care about money.

Basically we all want it to be more like FIFA manager but without the **** gameplay and layout :)

NO we dont!! I dont want to use my income to go and buy a house or a boat or buy another club and manage it (surely this is going round in circles). If this is what you want then why are you playing the game in the first place, if you want to decorate youre house or buy a car go and play Sims or GTA... Football Manager is a Football Management Simulation and pretends to be nothing else.

1. Ability to be able to ask the board to fund a transfer. Yes you can ask them to increase budget, but they should react differently depending on what player you are looking to buy.
2. Give different reasons for resigning rather than just quitting e.g. might step down if you've been in the job a long time.

Showing the replay of how a penalty is conceded, not how they score from the penalty spot. The same goes to red cards. Just a replay of how it happened is enough for me. And maybe give the keeper a boost in match rating after he saved a penalty.....

more youth players being signed to full time contracts as when you are a feeder club to another team sometimes after the first season when they have released all there younger players the next season there are no players to bring in on loan as they are only on youth contracts.

also a mid week show of some sort to show all the best goals in your league.

best odds for top goalscorer like they have for who going to win the league.

oh and being able to other monthly contracts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.