FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
After looking through the forum, I noticed there are threads available for practically everything on FM, but not a basic progress report thread where people can just post their general updates, etc, without them necessarily being a success or frustration. For example, I am only ten games into my season but I don't have anywhere to share my progress currently. Hopefully this thread is the answer.

Please use this thread to report how your latest save is going, whether it be just screenshots or a couple or paragraphs explaining how you are doing in your current game.

I've started my first game on FM 2011 tonight, and am currently sitting pretty on top of the Serie B league table with 7 wins from 10 games played.

italianseriebinformatio.png

I only made a couple of signings, getting Alvaro (CB) and Dabo (DM) in on free transfers, with none of my players leaving, though I did terminate all players on loan at my club, as I felt my squad was big enough with the two signings I made, and I prefer to avoid unnecessary wage-expenditure.

I think this should be stickied :)

Anyway I'm playing as Numancia in Liga Adelante but not doing really well
I can't find the right tactic for the team :(

I'm Arsenal, 2nd and half way through the season. Things are going well :)

I'm Tottenham, September of 1st season and enjoying it that much I've brought the game into college to upload on to the PC. I really do live a very sad life. Updates to come soon of screenshots etc!

I have three saves so far... one with Brisbane Roar, one with Chelsea, and one I just started with Ajax. Coming second with Chelsea, 4th with Brisbane and havn't got into the season yet with Ajax. Sadly played 24 hours out of roughly 60 that I could have :D Playing in school for the win!

After a marathon weekend I only just finished my 1st season with Chelsea.
Won the League with a game to spare with Arsenal, Man City, Spurs & Villa my closest rivals.
Man United 7th and out of Europe as Liverpool (8th) won the Carling Cup.

I find you have to work much harder on the tactics for every game. Any mistake or weakness is exploited by the AI opposition.
Didnt suffer too many bugs in the game. Certainly nothing to spoil the season!

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

****** **** you're doing well.
What tactic you using? Spurs did really well in my Chelsea save but dropped away at the end of the season!

After a 17th place finish last season coming from bottom of the league to finish there was quite an achievement! The board said every transfer I attempted was 'unrealistic' I knew I had a very tough task ahead of me.

This is how last season finished:
leaguelastssn.jpg

I knew I had to strengthen but with a new transfer budget of £30 (Yes, £30...) I had an even tougher task than last season but felt my free transfers were actually quality, giving us much needed experience and quality in midfield and a goalscorer in Jason Euell!

Here's my new squad:
squad.jpg

Happy with my first few league results. Hereford 2-1 win was massive first game of the season as our young 18 year old striker in on loan for the 2nd time in 2 seasons was sent off after 9 minutes, we were a goal down and a man down but came back to win, away.

Here's my first few results & upcoming fixtures:
resultsfix.jpg

Up The Saddlers!

These are my tactics. I have tweaked around with some individual player instructions as well.

Only players I have brought in are Dzeko and Eichner.

View attachment 112282
View attachment 112283

Hmm, Im currently playing a 4-4-1-1 with Tottenham which is now working pretty well. I was going to sign Dzeko, but went against it. I signed Amauri instead for £9million but he is currently injured. I play Pavlychenko (sp) as a lone target man ATM (Defoe is injured for 8 weeks, I tend to avoid Crouch and also loaned Robbie Keane out). I'm thinking of giving this tactic a bash soon though if my current one begins to fail. Your going great though mate!

Hmm, Im currently playing a 4-4-1-1 with Tottenham which is now working pretty well. I was going to sign Dzeko, but went against it. I signed Amauri instead for £9million but he is currently injured. I play Pavlychenko (sp) as a lone target man ATM (Defoe is injured for 8 weeks, I tend to avoid Crouch and also loaned Robbie Keane out). I'm thinking of giving this tactic a bash soon though if my current one begins to fail. Your going great though mate!

Getting the tactic at the start was a bit of trial and error and was using the demo to form the basis. Could do with a few more tweaks to it as with some individual player instructions.. May upload it on the tactic downloads when I get to the end of the season.

My U18's are doing reasonably well with the tactic.

View attachment 112287

Last edited:
Started unemployed with a 'sunday league footballer' rep and took until November to get a job. Taken Droylsden from 19th to 6th in 3 months in the conference north.

Sitting 5th in my first season as West Ham, 2 points adrift from 3rd. 7 below Liverpool at the top. Coming in February and we're doing brilliantly. Using my updated West Ham Attacking tactics I used in 2010 to completely dominate the world of Football.

Managed to pick up Darren bent for 5mil during the January transfers as he asked to leave, and my god is he godly with Ola Tovilien who I picked up for cheap in the Summer!

Screenshots to come, along with the tactics I'm using which were brilliant last year, and maybe a story!

Having a great time as my beloved hayes side. Started not expecting much tbh. A poor 24th media prediction, and a board expectation of 'attempting to avoid relegation' I feared that relegation could of infact be on the horizon. Nevertheless, a few good signings, including Gifton Noel-Williams, meant that I clawed my way up to an unexpected 10th!

hayesyeadingunitedtrans.png

bluesquarebetpremierinf.png

I then had a really amazing transfer window, and completed some real good buys. Jon Main and Claude Gnapka being the main coups in a busy window, which involved ridding of the excess unneeded players. The players bought in have seemed to quickly adapted and I am currently in 2nd in the league.

These are my Second season signings:
hayesyeadingunitedtrans.png

This is the real star, one of whom I didn't actually rate before the season started, and whom I almost cancelled the deal..!

micahevansprofileattrib.png

Will update this as I see fit.

Decided to put this off no longer and dive in at the deep-end with the Jambo's. Like Frankie, will update when I see fit. But nice work Frankie, excellent infact.

Well I have started my mammoth game of winning the Champions League with Shelbourne and Irish first division club(second tier). I am about 5th at the moment due to too many drawn games, although I got a beautiful cup victory against Rivals Shamrock Rovers( a bit like QPR beating Chelsea). May add scrennies later if I cba