FM 2011 Progress - How is your game going?

In a word, rubbish!

first season with West Ham, finished 15th
Second season with West Ham, finished 16th
Third season with West Ham, relegated in 19th place!

Doesn't matter what training schedules, formations etc etc I try, I just can't get a run of good results going.

Just in June at the moment going on to my first season in the championship, hopefully I will bounce straight back up. That is off course if I don't get the sack before the season starts!

Arsenal save is going well, testing out a new tactic which I plan on releasing sometime soon if it holds up. Only at the end of October but signs of good are showing.

Sitting top in the Premier League with 8 wins out of 10, one draw and one defeat.
20 goals scored, 3 conceded.

League Cup Fourth Round against Villa after a penalty-win versus Ipswich.
Second in Champions League Group D after a defeat to Schalke and wins against Valencia and FC Twente.

Only player I signed [that's important to the current team] is Andy Carroll, who I planned to be a backup for Chamakh but has six goals in six appearances (including one off the bench).

My Newcastle save was going badly. One win in 10. Then, I beat Sunderland 6-1. Then, I lose loads of games in a row. Now, in the new year, I am on a 4 game unbeaten streak and 16th in the league. Things are looking up!

I am just about to start my first official game of the season in my Liverpool game.
I am pleased with how pre-season has gone so far. I have won all of my games without conceding and with a few high scores.

Most of all though, I am pleased with the transfer side of things.

I brought in Lukaku on loan with an option to buy for 5m and Pires on a free.

I bought Taiwo from Marseille, Danillo - a young full back from Santos with huge potential, Lucas - an amazingly talented 17 year old attacking midfielder, Steven Defour to slot into the pirlo role of my planned 2003 A.C Milan style midfielfd and Edin Dzeko to partner torres up front.

My Starting team of choice will be:#

Reina

Johnson Agger Caragher Taiwo

Poulsen
Defour Cole

Gerrard

Dzeko Torres​

Last edited:
Going fine, about to play my first league game against St.Johnstone and then Eggert Jonsson gets injured for 9-11 months. Was gutted I must say. Kevin Kyle has been made captain, what a legend. :wub:

I started the game with Ipswich. I went really in details this time, searching for players, staff,...etc. I am really enjoying. First friendly I lost to Dag&Red ( just cant beat them this year) but then with few loan signings and tactic really starting to work I started winning. So far so good:)

In a word, rubbish!

first season with West Ham, finished 15th
Second season with West Ham, finished 16th
Third season with West Ham, relegated in 19th place!

Doesn't matter what training schedules, formations etc etc I try, I just can't get a run of good results going.

Just in June at the moment going on to my first season in the championship, hopefully I will bounce straight back up. That is off course if I don't get the sack before the season starts!

Oh well, played 10 games in the championship won 3 drew 6 and lost 1. Got the sack whilst in 10th place and only 5 points of the top!

Kleague

I have started off as a small team to build my reputation up, I chosen Suwon Bluewings and my aim this season is to win the k league and the asian champions league, I have hired alot of English staff off championship teams, I tried to sign some decent players and some Premier league reserve team players but they wouldnt join, including Darby from liverpool, Pacheco on loan for 6months and Steve finnan wouldn't join on a free, so i had to settle for unknown players like Daniel Rossi an ex sao paulo player, a young american called Zack schilawski and a spanish CB called delgado but my best player so far has to be my attacking mid Yeom Ki-hoon in 4 games he has scored 4 goals, assisted 4 times and has been MoM 3 times.

the team is currently 3rd in the league and 3 points off the top, I also might start another game with Liverpool.

I cant get screen shots to work on windows 7 and cant get the game into windowed mode for some reason the option is blanked out so i cant click on it :S .. any way to solve this?

Managing Southampton, currently in december of the first season.
Signed few free players, loaned some good young lads from pl and atm I'm sitting on the top of n1 league table.

npower-Le_anqxsr.png

My current squad:

Southampt_anqnpr.png

Fred Sears is a BEAST - he already scored a lot of goals and with Lambert he is unstoppable in attack. For sure I will try to buy him at the end of this season.

Finished 11th with Bolton in first season when they gave me £500k to spend. After my first season they have offered me a further 4 year contract and 9m to spend. Hard work but going okay so far, got a few freebies to Kovermans & Mido, although Mido is a mardy .....

Wooo. First season, first trophy. Although it's only the league cup, it's still a cup. Scottish Cup semi against The Hibee's soon too which will see me play either Inverness CT or Dundee United in the final if I win. Pity a poor league position of 8th is holding board confidence back.

playing as the Blackburn Rovers and didn't start the season well. but now i'm on a 10 match unbeaten run and beat Man United(who is sitting first in my league). only true problem is that they get complacent against lower level teams, as seen in the Portsmouth matches

also my U18 squad has only lost one game and just won the U18 cup. but my all my coaches just except offers from other teams so I have to hire some more.

I play as acmilan at the moment. I'm first in the leaugue. played 16 matches so far, pato has scored 16:)

my carear at man united isnt going how i expected lol in the first transfer window i bought about 10 players of these at least 6 of them are in my starting line up the others are on my bench and im really struggling to find form in the premier league im midway through november and am close to getting the sack as i am only 6th :/ plus points though im strong in the league cup and i got through to the knockout stages of champions cup after playing just 3 games :) hopefully i get a string of good results in the prem so i get to keep my job yayyy!!! :) good thread by the way ;)

My Newcastle save was going badly. One win in 10. Then, I beat Sunderland 6-1. Then, I lose loads of games in a row. Now, in the new year, I am on a 4 game unbeaten streak and 16th in the league. Things are looking up!

I started with Newcastle as well. Didn't had a good pre season and shaky start to the PL :S

I have started off as a small team to build my reputation up, I chosen Suwon Bluewings and my aim this season is to win the k league and the asian champions league, I have hired alot of English staff off championship teams, I tried to sign some decent players and some Premier league reserve team players but they wouldnt join, including Darby from liverpool, Pacheco on loan for 6months and Steve finnan wouldn't join on a free, so i had to settle for unknown players like Daniel Rossi an ex sao paulo player, a young american called Zack schilawski and a spanish CB called delgado but my best player so far has to be my attacking mid Yeom Ki-hoon in 4 games he has scored 4 goals, assisted 4 times and has been MoM 3 times.

the team is currently 3rd in the league and 3 points off the top, I also might start another game with Liverpool.

I cant get screen shots to work on windows 7 and cant get the game into windowed mode for some reason the option is blanked out so i cant click on it :S .. any way to solve this?

To take a screenshot on Win7, you need to press ALT + F9. It will go into your screenshots folder.

Finished 8th in the league eventually with Walsall, I was 3rd up until Christmas.
The board now want to slash the wage budget so I dont know what to do.. Time to settle for mid table mediocracy forever..

Managing Liverpool

1st season won premiership (Only Lost One Game) won fa cup.
Knocked out of europa by villareal, Knocked ot carling cup by nottingham forrest!!
Torres top goalscorer 38games 35goals in all competion 52games 50goals
Tactic - Jorge Jesus Style
Training - Ian c Regime (Full Time)
Most Expensive Signing - Montolivo 18mill (Not worth it now into 2nd season gone down to 10mill)
Best Buy - Bryan Ruiz 8mill Now Worth 15mill

2nd season
Won Community shield 4-1 against villa

Reina
Micah Richards
Agger
Shawcross
Wilson
Montolivo
Afellay
Bryan Ruiz
Douglas Costa
Torres
Dzeko
Subs: Gerrard,Wilkshire,Poulsen,Maxi,Balloteli,Carra,Cole

Would post screenshots but dont know how to ha.

Managing Liverpool

1st season won premiership (Only Lost One Game) won fa cup.
Knocked out of europa by villareal, Knocked ot carling cup by nottingham forrest!!
Torres top goalscorer 38games 35goals in all competion 52games 50goals
Tactic - Jorge Jesus Style
Training - Ian c Regime (Full Time)
Most Expensive Signing - Montolivo 18mill (Not worth it now into 2nd season gone down to 10mill)
Best Buy - Bryan Ruiz 8mill Now Worth 15mill

2nd season
Won Community shield 4-1 against villa

Reina
Micah Richards
Agger
Shawcross
Wilson
Montolivo
Afellay
Bryan Ruiz
Douglas Costa
Torres
Dzeko
Subs: Gerrard,Wilkshire,Poulsen,Maxi,Balloteli,Carra,Cole

Would post screenshots but dont know how to ha.

Press Prt Scrn on your keyboard (next to F12)
Paste it to Paint
Upload to somewhere like photobucket.
Type the URL it gives you here :D
(There is a better way I think, as my Prt Scrn quality isnt good for some reason..)
I would have posted screenie, but couldnt be bothered as I wasnt on the game XD

3rd in the league with Everton with 5 games to go. Won the league cup. Signed Vagner Love £7.5m (32 goals so far, BEAAST!!) Eden Hazard signed for £10m in January and signed Ashley Young for £5 + Mikel Arteta. Going really well. Just hope to get Champo League place to get some funds