FM 2012- Battle of the Titans

• Thread starter Thread starter Valoel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 23K
Btw, Duncan Edwards should have ultra-high (possibly max) professionalism, sportsmanship and temperament.
And he could play anywhere on the pitch (except in goal) and excel there.

Duncan Edwards CB/DMC/DML/MC/AMC
Key Attributes: Technique, Creativity, Strength, Pace.
Extra: Balance, Natural Fitness
Club: Manchester United F.C.

Do you have some links or references ?
These are the positions that I found he excelled in.

---------- Post added 13/10/2011 at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 12/10/2011 at 11:22 PM ----------

Updated more players

Glad to see Peter Schmeichel, Michael & Brian Laudrup.

Great work :)

Updated Goalkeepers please give your thought on the abilities

@Germaniac

I might have forgotten him - Will add later.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Major update

Are you going to make the legends 16-17 years old, or like 25-26? I belive the last is the best. I guess the stats they are given are from when they were on their best, not from when they were young talents. Therefore, woulnd't it be a good idea to give them an age reflecting their skills?

I dunno this player, but:
"Antonio Sastre GK/CB/RB/LB/DMC/DML/DMR/MC/ML/MR/AMC/AML/AMR/FC"
for real??? (in game he'll be gk btw (in 2011 but i think 2012 will be the same)), i think u should add SW to make this player can play everywhere xD

Last edited:
Update: Totalt overhaul of all Goalies, Now over 100 of them.

@Germaniac, If the game cant handle both gk and outfield I will remove gk since he only played 3-4 games in that position. But yes Antonio is defently the most versatile player the world has seen. Many say he was the most complete footballer ever - not the greatest but most complete.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Massive update - Reworked all players

have you got roberto carlos? i noticed cafu but don't remember seeing him

It's got great potential, but I doubt you'll ever finish it. Same thing happens to all these threads that try to make "Super leagues" (I remember that thread that was attempting to put all the best football sides in the history of the game in one league, but it was never finished. However they may not have been taking it seriously since they laughably decided that the 2004 AC Milan team was worthy enough).

Also I was a bit surprised to find that you don't think Gianluigi Buffon or even Lionel Messi are good enough to be in your list. Shame really, but there is some daft stigma that if a player is still playing football then they are not a legend, despite the fact Messi has been hailed as the greatest player of our generation.

@ Taftalk

The premise for this datapack is only to add/creat players that are retired, Buffon and Messi still plays so I wont touch them :)

Yes its a big project - I made a version of this last year too albeit not as extensive.

@Foss

Ofcouse Kahn is below Schmeichel - he isnt as good....

Ah, the ever suspicious IFFHS being run by one man without any credibility whatsoever.
Mix it up with some random top 100 list that can be found in abundance and a blog post based on the opinions of
one person who even admits that he excluded current players on purpose.

Quite shallow, might I add.

You are obviously not being objective - I have done a lot of research, albeit valuation is always to some degree subjective. The general opinion I have seen is that Peter is the better of the two and I agree.

Surely then you can point me to the sources of your research?
Hopefully these aren't just lists and blog posts or (shudder) IFFHS related material.

Sound like your just trolling - go do that somewhere else :)

I trust the opinions of myself and countless of others over you heh

Yet you refuse to give out any substantial sources other than a meaningless list and a blog post that doesn't even rank anybody.
I'm sure you trust your own opinion over me, it's probably as biased as mine though.

@Germaniac, If the game cant handle both gk and outfield I will remove gk since he only played 3-4 games in that position. But yes Antonio is defently the most versatile player the world has seen. Many say he was the most complete footballer ever - not the greatest but most complete.
Where did you get his statistic? (3-4 games as gk?)

Back