FM 2012 Massive Tactic Testing Thread by Hazza22299

Hazza22299

Reaction score
Introduction

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/97738-fm12-tactic-testing-championship.html

After viewing a previous thread about this subject, I decided to use the database given on page 2 of the link thread. This database contains 24 teams of identical ability, size, reputation and everything else. The only thing different in each team was the tactic used. I compiled 24 of the best tactics on the game to see who would come out on top.

Here are the 24 teams:

First I added 24 managers with equal experience (International Footballer). I gave them their separate tactics and converted them to classic (Making them unchangeable by the ***. Manager). I then holidayed for a year, only interrupting when a manager was sacked. Of course this isn't reliable as playing as each of the 24 managers but that would take for ever -_-

I did not cheat/change anything to anyone's tactic, these results were not modified at all.

Results

The overall table:View attachment 265921

The table by goals for:
View attachment 265922

As you can see Goal Hunger delivers what it promises.

The table by least conceded:
View attachment 265923

My version 2 tactic conceded the least, followed by Tactikzz' Stand-Off and the ParkThePlane.

The top scorer:

View attachment 265924

The top scorer comes from OoScotsManoO's Attack! Attack!

The most assists:View attachment 265925

The most assists were from my updated version.

The goals from corners:View attachment 265926

The amount of goals from corners was quite close, JP Wenger's tactic scored the most from corners.

Is there anything else you want me to post? I can do another season if requested enough.

Last edited:
So basically Park the plane and Goal Hunger do what they say and you prove that you have the best exploit tactic, can I ask you try it several times since there are still a lot of variables. If you take out the exploit tactics such as yours we can then see who has the best tactic that doesn't abuse the engine.

Last edited:
So basically Park the plane and Goal Hunger do what they say and you prove that you have the best exploit tactic, can I ask you try it several times since there are still a lot of variables.

Which other variable? And yes I might do it again (if requested enough) and maybe release the database for others to test as well.

So basically Park the plane and Goal Hunger do what they say and you prove that you have the best exploit tactic, can I ask you try it several times since there are still a lot of variables. If you take out the exploit tactics such as yours we can then see who has the best tactic that doesn't abuse the engine.

Agree :)

could you show the Home league table and Away league table? Just to see if a tactic is strong in one but not the other.

could you show the Home league table and Away league table? Just to see if a tactic is strong in one but not the other.
Sure.

Here's the Home Table:
attachment.php

And here's the Away table:
265939d1344622937-football-manager-2012-massive-tactic-testing-thread-hazza22299-screen-shot-2012-08-10-19.18.00.png

Last edited:
Whilst the effort is a good one, you do realize that the asistant manager changes the tactic even though its in classic mode. If he feels like it, he will change the formation ingame

I like these tests, and it does show something, but holidaying with tactics never shows the real potential of a tactic :/

For instance your tactic, it could have performed even better. Lets say your *** man makes a sub for the central striker, who you have selected as your TM. Your *** man isn't going to make the new central striker the new target man.

Things like this might affect the performance.

However on the whole its an interesting test.

Whilst the effort is a good one, you do realize that the asistant manager changes the tactic even though its in classic mode. If he feels like it, he will change the formation ingame

I'm sure they wouldn't change a tactic if it's doing well. If it isn't, the club will sack the manager and then I add a new manager. Keeping assistant changes to a minimum.

Taking of exploit tactics or tactics that use exploits? Or both

I like these tests, and it does show something, but holidaying with tactics never shows the real potential of a tactic :/

For instance your tactic, it could have performed even better. Lets say your *** man makes a sub for the central striker, who you have selected as your TM. Your *** man isn't going to make the new central striker the new target man.

Things like this might affect the performance.

However on the whole its an interesting test.

Any suggestions for replacements instead of the exploit ones? (My 2, Raikan's, Anderz) And should I remove Grid System ones?

I'm sure they wouldn't change a tactic if it's doing well. If it isn't, the club will sack the manager and then I add a new manager. Keeping assistant changes to a minimum.

They change the tactic "ingame". It might be to hold on to a lead, to exploit that the opponent are not using any DR/L, to get back into the game and this can happen several times every game

They change the tactic "ingame". It might be to hold on to a lead, to exploit that the opponent are not using any DR/L, to get back into the game and this can happen several times every game

As I said, it won't always be a perfectly accurate way of testing it. I'm guessing they wouldn't change it if the tactic is working.

For example, an area which was completely different was Raikan007's Short and Sweet from first to last. I was shocked by this result but I guess it was up against more counter-attacking tactics this time around. This shows how erratic the database is. Not entirely reliable - it's true.

Last edited:
Dont know if its just me but Raikaan007's tactic called "Ama-Zing" seems to be a worthy entry :)

I'm considering it, although the person who previously did a similar thing saw that tactic have some poor/average results.

This one is a pretty stable tactic as well. Its in classic mode and its not that exploitive as such