FM 2012 Pre-Orders Through FM-Base - IMPORTANT

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 120
  • Views Views 35K
Made my purchase 8 hours ago, sent a request at the form provided 4 hours ago, and still nothing. Despite the original email from Sean saying the code should come "in a couple of minutes".

You can direct these enquiries to the distributor, but it doesn't hide the fact that this is your retail responsibility (under your promotional branding) and it's very, very disappointing. I'll be sure not to make the mistake of purchasing from this site next year. But that's not your problem, right?

Made my purchase 8 hours ago, sent a request at the form provided 4 hours ago, and still nothing. Despite the original email from Sean saying the code should come "in a couple of minutes".

You can direct these enquiries to the distributor, but it doesn't hide the fact that this is your retail responsibility (under your promotional branding) and it's very, very disappointing. I'll be sure not to make the mistake of purchasing from this site next year. But that's not your problem, right?

What e-mail have you received? Because when I purchased the only e-mail I got was one with the code in it. Scroll down to the bottom of the e-mail, it should be there.

So when yu buy goods from a shop and they are faulty, you blame the retailer?

Yes the retailer has a responsibility too, which is what we have done by providing you with the contact form to resolve the issue.

Now the game has been released, the first email you receive after payment should have the code in it. Preorder emails were the ones that were an issue as far as i am aware.

Ensure to look in your junk and check any email that appears to be in French (i'm not dealing with the sales of fm12 so i have no idea if the french email problem has been rectified)

Guys i need some help!!!

I pre order the game, downloaded it and when a launched it the game shuts down!!!

Does anyone now how to solve it???

To Sean and other moderators,

I ordered about an hour ago, but still no confirmation (and of course activation code) email has been received (even not in the spam/junk mailbox). My credit card has been debited swiftly and what's worse is that soon after payment I realised that the sale should not be available to users from Hong Kong! I completed the request form and keep my fingers crossed that Nexway will do a full refund as soon as possible if they are not allowed to process my order. It's very frustrating to see my maiden purchase on FM Base end up in a bizarre fashion. Why do Nexway accept orders from those restricted areas if I could ask?

Update: a whole day gone and nothing happen - no activation code, no reply from Nexway, no response from FM Base. Seriously unhappy and really can't hide my disappointment to Nexway and FM Base.

Last edited:
To Sean and other moderators,

I ordered about an hour ago, but still no confirmation (and of course activation code) email has been received (even not in the spam/junk mailbox). My credit card has been debited swiftly and what's worse is that soon after payment I realised that the sale should not be available to users from Hong Kong! I completed the request form and keep my fingers crossed that Nexway will do a full refund as soon as possible if they are not allowed to process my order. It's very frustrating to see my maiden purchase on FM Base end up in a bizarre fashion. Why do Nexway accept orders from those restricted areas if I could ask?

Update: a whole day gone and nothing happen - no activation code, no reply from Nexway, no response from FM Base. Seriously unhappy and really can't hide my disappointment to Nexway and FM Base.

Anyone can buy the game. But if you are located in one of the countries listed you will not be able to activate the game in Steam.

if you have contacted Nexway have faith, I am sure they will get back to you soon and will issue a full refund.

Anyone can buy the game. But if you are located in one of the countries listed you will not be able to activate the game in Steam.

if you have contacted Nexway have faith, I am sure they will get back to you soon and will issue a full refund.

I hope so and look forward to receiving their response first thing on Monday morning. Thanks Sean for your reply.

Well it took an hour but Nexway have come good - it certainly is false advertising about instant activation however.

Well it took an hour but Nexway have come good - it certainly is false advertising about instant activation however.

Not sure where I have advertised saying Instant download. Usually it takes a couple of minutes at most. I have placed a few orders myself and all have come through pretty quickly. It's only in cases where there is suspected fraud (no matter how minor) that the activation email is delayed.

How many days to wait for the confirmation mail?

To Sean or other adminstrators,

My name is Frank. I got a question for you.

I ordered the game a couple of hours ago via Paypal.
How long would it be to received the activate code?
Any experience with Paypal?

I do understand that the company Nexway sent out the code by a french mail, right?

Greetings,

Frank

I do understand that the company Nexway sent out the code by a french mail, right?

Greetings,

Frank

It should be an instant email response now.

Make sure you check your junk folder. If you haven't received it then use this form: Football Manager

Greetings,

Frank

It was just pre-orders that had a problem with French emails. Most emails with the activation code come through within minutes. However in cases of suspected fraud (no matter how minor) it can longer as things get checked manually before the code gets sent out. Usually within a few hours though.

If you still haven't received the code in another couple of hours then please use the form here to get directly in touch with Nexway: Football Manager

To Sean or other administrators,

Thank you for your reaction!
I did received it a couple hours later.
Now downloading and play the game!

Greetings,

Frank

Hi all,

I bought the game online over here approximately 4 hours ago with PayPal. I received the payment receipt by paypal immediately but no email with the confirmation code from Nexus. I sent out an inquiry form a couple of hours ago but still have yet to hear from anyone. Is there any other way to get in touch with Nexus? As I understand FM-Base does not give out the keys... All this is quite frustrating, definitely something which should be better planned and thought out for next year. Steam also has relatively poor perfomance for 64-bit systems im surprised FM is still using them...

Thanks in advance if anyone can help, otherwise I will just complain to paypal and cancel the payment.
KoolShen

Hi all,

I bought the game online over here approximately 4 hours ago with PayPal. I received the payment receipt by paypal immediately but no email with the confirmation code from Nexus. I sent out an inquiry form a couple of hours ago but still have yet to hear from anyone. Is there any other way to get in touch with Nexus? As I understand FM-Base does not give out the keys... All this is quite frustrating, definitely something which should be better planned and thought out for next year. Steam also has relatively poor perfomance for 64-bit systems im surprised FM is still using them...

Thanks in advance if anyone can help, otherwise I will just complain to paypal and cancel the payment.
KoolShen

Steam is the biggest, safest, most reliable and imo best system of its kind. I have a 64bit system and tbh haven't noticed any difference.

Silly question, but have you checked your junk folder? The codes are automatically sent immediately now, the only reason for a delay are when Nexway decide investigate a suspicion of fraud - this could be a very minor suspicion, and neither we or them are accusing you of anything. Fraud investigation is a regular part of online banking, however nexway seem to have slightly stricter protocols than most.

I assume they work weekends, in which case its usually a few hours before your payment is cleared and your code is sent. If they dont work weekends then i guess monday morning you will hear back from them.

Last edited:
Dear Jake,

thank you very much for your reply. I hope you're right about steam i uninstalled a couple of years ago because of issues with 64 bit systems and have literally just downloaded it again today. So hopefully the improvements are as good as you say!

Fraud could be the reason as I am currently in Eastern Europe for a couple of months.... however all payments come from english banks so that is all Nexus should be worrying about. Especially if the transaction came from a confirmed UK account on paypal.

Nexus is in France... on the contrary you should assume they do not work on the weekends for exactly that reason! Monday is the best bet i guess.

Thanks anyway.
KS

KS

So Monday afternoon and still waiting for my activation key. Is Nexway lazy or just plain incompetent? A bit of both it seems. Is there anything I can do at all??? This is pretty bad, it cannot take so long to send me this ****** key, even for fraud investigations. If that were the case they should expand their anti-fraud team so that they dont keep their clients waiting for 2 days!!! Ridiculous frankly that there always seems to be the same issues every year.

Last edited:
Back