FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
After the success of the FM 2011 progress thread here, I have decided to create this one with the recent release of the demo via Steam.

The purpose of this thread is just for continuous updates of your save progress, which don't necessarily fit a 'success' or 'frustration' more suited to one of the other threads available.

Status updates, screenshots, stories about your team are all welcome.

I'm finding it very easy to start with, generally in previous versions, you could sail through friendlies but first league matches were real hard to get a win, but this 2012 is a bit easier imo. I'm West Brom, beat Arsenal 3-2 at home and Chelsea 3-0 away, confortably playing 75 mnts with 10 men. Ok, my tactic helped me but it shouldn't been this easy.

View attachment 197824View attachment 197825

I don't know if it's just generally easier to win on this game but I'm playing with Wigan, 7 games in, sitting 5th place. Having beaten Tottenham 4 - 1, Liverpool 4 - 1, Fulham 7 - 2, West Brom 4 - 0.. Either that or I've unearthed some diablo tactic straight off XD.

Post FML, I find the offline versions waaaay too easy.

I'm sitting top of the Scottish league in the demo at Christmas
with relegation battlers caley thistle, and I've signed two players:

Christian Dailly (38)

and

Michael Stewart (Hearts/Hibs/Charlton/Sunderland reject)

Morale is too powerful a factor, I reckon. Get on top of it, and its too easy
to make your team of average joes invincible.

I don't know if it's just generally easier to win on this game but I'm playing with Wigan, 7 games in, sitting 5th place. Having beaten Tottenham 4 - 1, Liverpool 4 - 1, Fulham 7 - 2, West Brom 4 - 0.. Either that or I've unearthed some diablo tactic straight off XD.
Just out of curiosity which "Diablo" tactic is this? 4-2-3-1?or the military 4-4-2?

Making good progress with FC Copenhagen.

Won 12 out of 12 in the league, scoring 58 and conceding just 4.
Dame N'Doye is a machine, enough said.

With Cibalia 3rd in the league and next match is against 1st placed Zadar

Couldn't really be bothered doing my Arsenal game so I decided to start one with West Brom. Brought in Materazzi on a free, Tshabalala and Wilson on loan, but those transfers barely come close to my other one.

dnbn1t.png

Went in with a bid of 5mill up front + 20mill over 48 months, Santos came back asking for 7mill up front + 22 mill over 48 months. I obviously said yes to that but didn't think he would actually sign for me :)

it's taken me 3 hours to play my first 4 pre season friendlies. so not very well.

My first half of the season is going excellently!!

View attachment 198053View attachment 198054View attachment 198058View attachment 198060

Wilfried actually had 9 goals in 3 games, but Rodallega has been in blinding form so I've been bringing Wilfried on as a sub for 15 minutes or so at the end of games. So shocked at how the team are performing.. Beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, drew against City (was actually leading 3 - 1). Easy!

Managing Portsmouth.

3rd in the league up to the demo cut off, kinda annoyed as I was hoping it'd still let me look at my team and results but i don't think it will now the demo has finished.

Kind of suprised how well I've done, but alot of people have said it does seem to be pretty easy, especially as the person above has Wigan in 7th.. oj :p

I'm actually in 6th now having beaten QPR XD, but it's the 31st of December so my demo is almost finished. :(

hi all newbie here,i have played all of these cm fm games.this one seems tooooo easy to me,i am playing as spurs,ADEBAYOR has had 4 consecutive hat tricks,that is just not right,if the full game is gonna be this easy its not worth getting.i am not bragging,i am just finding this game far too easy.no fun at all.its not a challenge.

Not very well only played an hour as I had to go on my holiday and could only bring the iPad sad times

hi all newbie here,i have played all of these cm fm games.this one seems tooooo easy to me,i am playing as spurs,ADEBAYOR has had 4 consecutive hat tricks,that is just not right,if the full game is gonna be this easy its not worth getting.i am not bragging,i am just finding this game far too easy.no fun at all.its not a challenge.

I do agree this game does seem easier than previous versions of fm and it is missing some of the ridiculous bs that happened in every match in fm11 lol (eg: losing 2 players to injuries after 3 subs or last minute wonder strikes from 30 yards from opposition players with 8 long shots.) It also seems much easier to motivate players than ever before. Most of my players are always on superb morale. Players are also more clinical too unlike fm11 where every player blasted a shot at the keeper's chest when 1 on 1. I'm still buying the game though!

Last edited:
Honestly, guys? CNR your opinion of the game being too easy. Started with Barcelona (now here's room for embarassment). First training session after first friendly match of the season: Messi injured, out for 5 weeks. 5 weeks later, Messi has to travel to his national team just on the day he got match fit again. 2 days later: 'Messi injured during Argentina duty lifting weights in training - 2 weeks out'.
Then there's the default season prep friendly fixtures. Had to play Chelsea - Inter - Real - Real within 13 days. Rubbish.

Well I guess Barcelona isn't this representative for the state of the game, so don't read too much into that.

I think the issue for people who have played a lot of FM is that the basics from fm9/10/11 still hold good.

Its too easy because you aren't really starting a "new game" you already have the essential strategies required
to master this version. There don't seem to be any new challenges, only alterations to the controls.

Some kind of difficulty setting beyond selecting the experience of your manager is required, so that players can choose their favourite team (Caley Thistle aren't exactly superpowered!) without the game being automatically a
doddle.

If you ask me the only way forward is improving player vs player.

I have really struggled in the last few fm's with Newcastle getting them upto scratch and doing well but there is something about this version that is making it easier as i am sitting in 7th half way through. Other than losing a few stupid games that i shouldn't have lost which we all have the only team that stonked me is Man Utd really. Demba Ba is sensational but cant get Ben arfa playing full potential other than that Enjoying it and cant wait for full version. Thanks to all. Screenshots below

Managing QPR, Got Thiago on loan from Barca who's been on fire in pre-season.
Vass Thiago Faurlin and Taraabt is a pretty solid midfield (i hope)

4-1-2-1-2