FM Base 10 Year Challenge

My half-American squads seems to be settling well. Won the first 4 games of the season 3-0, then dropped one to Gateshead 1-0 on a late free kick that we scuffed the marking for. Krizstian Timar of Plymouth has been crazy good. Currently has 14 g in 15 app. All from corners or set pieces, and I'm no stellar set pice creator as well nor are my set-piece/corner takers stellar either. Anyways, he's already into the Favored Personnel of the club!

You say that £4.8m tb and £100k wb don't get you far because of the smaller reputation, but regardless of that, you've got to remember that money talks. Personally, I think thats too much money, and especially if the chairman is a sugar daddy, then I'd expect everyone who attempts it to be at least a top ten premier league team in 10 years time.

You say that £4.8m tb and £100k wb don't get you far because of the smaller reputation, but regardless of that, you've got to remember that money talks. Personally, I think thats too much money, and especially if the chairman is a sugar daddy, then I'd expect everyone who attempts it to be at least a top ten premier league team in 10 years time.

That would have been the case on FM10 but remember most good players refuse to talk to you when your a low league team

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

My half-American squads seems to be settling well. Won the first 4 games of the season 3-0, then dropped one to Gateshead 1-0 on a late free kick that we scuffed the marking for. Krizstian Timar of Plymouth has been crazy good. Currently has 14 g in 15 app. All from corners or set pieces, and I'm no stellar set pice creator as well nor are my set-piece/corner takers stellar either. Anyways, he's already into the Favored Personnel of the club!

I signed him too, hes just about to come back from injury and then i will use him in my 3 man defence :) I only had 1 left back until about 5 mins ago, i got burnley as my parent club and got a left back on loan :) Half of my squad is french or spanish :)

Yeah I got Derby and they sent me an American :p Go figure! Anyways, he's been healthy for me and its was Szetela, Zizzo, and Wicks who got the injuries for me, Luckily i had equivalent cover in Milsom (Fulham), Doyle (American from Derby), and O'Brien (free)

What corner tactics are you using to get Timar to score?

He's set at Attack Far Post, I have 1 Challenge Keeper, 1 Near Post Flick (other CB), 1 Go Forward, 1 Lurk Outside, and 1 Offer Short.

I feel that it spreads the defense out enough for the corner taker to serve it Far Post and give TImar room to challenge 1 or 2 defenders

I'll try it but I have a question....is there a problem if I use "no work permits" ?

I'll try it but I have a question....is there a problem if I use "no work permits" ?

There are quite a few good cheap players that need a work permit but you cant get it (torric and Livaja to name 2), so probably in fairness i would say dont use ''No work permits''

just signed elokobi and tom soares, as they wer eon the transfer list, and i got offered some gems on free transfers from brazil and italy.

Last edited:
This guy called Pedro got released from Sampdoria and i needed a CM and he is playing brilliantly (Average rating of 7.48 and 3 goals and 4 assists in 10 games)

And my strike partnership is rampant
10 games in and Pacheco has 14 goals and Griffiths has 12 goals!

P.S Timar has bagged 1 goal in 2 games

Not bad mate, I've just blown the whole budget on decent players :D

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Just won the first league match vs Tamworth 3-1!

my game started in january 2010, so i have half a season less before my 10 years is up,

Im still proud with my 9-2 win over Grimsby :D

currently top after 12 games:
attachment.php

can someone please remind me what key i press to take screen shot? i know where it goes and how to upload just can't remember what key.....lol....sheesh:)

can someone please remind me what key i press to take screen shot? i know where it goes and how to upload just can't remember what key.....lol....sheesh:)

simply press alt+F9 m8..:D

this is my team so far...:)