• Nottm Forest

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Peterborough

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Watford

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I have approached Tony Coton for AM as the votes were unanimous apart from 2 other coaches being considered.

Now is the time for transfers!

I have scouted a number of players, both players without a club, players up for loan or being transfer-listed so we need to move fast!

Attached is the team report to see where are biggest weaknesses are. I think we definitely need a back-up keeper, RB and wingers but I think most areas need to be strengthened (whether that be from frees, loans or transfers it doesn't matter) as we are short on depth as well as quality. Our key players at the moment are clearly Smithies, Dixon, Clayton and Rhodes so we do have a good spine to the team.

Looking at the players in the reserves I'd suggest that all of these need to go as they don't have the quality and could help reduce the wage bill and maybe generate some income for more transfers.

Below are the shortlisted players thus far that have been scouted and as you can see it shows the scout's recommendation, CA, PA, club/no club, value, asking price, loan/transfer status. This could take a while as there are a lot of players that are highly recommended so we need to choose wisely. I have split the shortlist into transfer-listed, loan-listed and free transfers.

Transfer-listed:

View attachment 264664

Loan-listed:

View attachment 264667

Free transfers:

View attachment 264669

Remember we have a budget of £2.66m and 51K per week, but obviously can alter this based on if we need more for wages.

I'm thinking that Gulacsi keeper from Liverpool would be a good back up keeper, a lot of potential, and he'd be pretty cheap.

Conor Clifford looks like he might be a good signing as back-up/player for the future, and he is extremely cheap too.

On loan i'd advise Lichaj and Sammy Ameobi, as both would provide necessary cover, plus they're at Prem teams, so would probably require no/little wage contribution.

Of the freebies, i'd reccomend:
Steve Jennings
Michael Tonge
Berry Powell
Nathan Doyle
Llyod Sam

Conor Clifford will be a quality signing in my opinion and would recomend him aswell as Ignasi Miquel both of these i would buy if possible with Chris Wood and Peter Gulacsi on loan and maybe Jose Baxter and Lee Bowyer as frees :D

We should Buy:
Jason Lowe
Samuel Galindo
Conor Clifford
Ignasi Miquel.

Maybe try and get Gulacsi on loan for backup and Lee Bowyer for free?

To Buy
Jason Lowe
Peter Gulacsi
Conor Clifford
Sammy Ameobi
To Loan
Eric Lichaj

We should go for Stephen Dobbie on Loan, and offer Michael Tonge a contract.

My options are below.

gulacsi Buy for - 140-190k.
lichaj - Loan with option to buy .
lowe - Loan with option to buy.

will not be folowing this story as i was one of first to put in a request for board and wasnt acceptred :S

Sorry about this. I've just got back from the Olympics and turned on my laptop to a blue screen. Currently using my brother's but going to have to close this thread! Really annoyed as we had some good prospects for Huddersfield!

Unlucky, you could carry on using this thread and do what we've already done up to this point and then let the same board vote using the same system.

Hope it gets fixed, unlucky about losing your saves though :(