FM Base Challenge of the Month 3 (July)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompey_Dan

theboydonegood.net
Reaction score
INTRO

It’s back... tell your friends, tell your family, go up to random people on the street and tell them... all about the FM Base Challenge of the Month!

Bored of your usual Football Manager game? Want a test to your finely honed managerial skills? Want to compete against other fm-base members without the need for a network game?

Then the Challenge of the month could be just what you've been looking for!

Each month we will post a new challenge, exploring all corners of the Football Manager world. Most challenges are no more than one season long so it doesn’t require any great commitment.

The challenges aren't always easy and a good understanding of Football Manager 2010 is required. But you can play at your own pace and the number of entries is not restricted, so if at first you don't succeed try again!

Last month we challenged you to save Rosario Central of the Argentine Premier Division from a humiliating relegation. Congratulations to Piginho who recorded the best effort avoiding the drop and finishing second only to Boca Juniors in the league’s closing stages.

For this month's challenge we’re off to Italy to take over the reins at a world famous club that has fallen on hard times. Think you’ve got what it takes to rise to the top? Then it’s time to prove your managerial mettle!

Read the OP carefully as it will give you instructions on setting the game up together with the rules you must abide by.

picture.php

CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH 3 (JULY): CALCIOPOLI STRIKES AGAIN!

At a hearing in Naples regarding the 2006 football scandal the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) were once again placed under the microscope.

Lawyers acting on behalf of Luciano Moggi presented evidence discrediting claims that the former Juventus director controlled the league prior to 2006 and unmasked potential evidence tampering in the original trials.

These revelations opened the door to a retrial at which evidence tampering was confirmed. Criminal charges were brought against Col. Auricchio (who headed the investigation in 2006) and the FIGC admitted that the relegation and title stripping of Juventus was wrongful. Juventus went on to claim compensation of approximately €200 million as a result of the original verdict being overturned.

At the retrial referee designator Paolo Bergamo admitted that he dined with Inter's Massimo Moratti and Giacinto Facchetti, and that he did receive gifts over the holidays. Bergamo went on to state that Facchetti requested specific referees be assigned to certain matches.

It was Bergamo’s evidence together with new wiretaps of direct conversations between Facchetti and referees that saw Internazionale found guilty of match fixing.

Inter’s punishment for their part in the scandal was to be stripped of their 2006 and 2008 league titles, removed from the Champions League, and relegated to Serie B. They were also ordered to pay substantial fines.

Following the scandal a number of players exercised a legal right to sever their links with the club, Samuel Eto’o was so affected by the scandal at his new club that he is now considering a year away from the game and has vowed to never play for Internazionale again.

This challenge is split into two parts, entrants can decide to play both parts of the challenge or opt for the shorter version and just participate in part one. There will be a separate leader-board for each part of the challenge posted on this OP.

Part One: Using the edited database attached, entrants are tasked with returning Inter Milan to the top league immediately.

On taking up the reins at this shamed club you will discover that a number of key players are leaving on free transfers and that your transfer budget for the forthcoming season has been cut drastically.

Point scoring for part one will be achieved as follows:

+1pt for every Serie B league point
+50pts for winning Serie B
+50pts for winning Coppa Italia

In the event of a tied leaderboard league goal difference, and then league goals scored, will determine the order participants are listed.

Part Two: Having returned Inter to Italy’s top league can you get the results that will restore their pride? Entrants are asked to play out the 2010/11 season as Inter Milan from their saved game from part one of the challenge.

+1pt for every Serie A league point
+100pts for winning Serie A
+50pts for qualifying for the Champions League (exc’ Serie A winners)
+25pts for qualifying for the Europa League (exc’ Coppa Italia winners)
+50pts for winning Coppa Italia
+50pts for winning Europa League

In the event of a tied leaderboard league goal difference, and then league goals scored, will determine the order participants are listed.

SET UP AND RULES

To participate in this challenge you should download the attached editor file and save to c:\username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Editor Data

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: View attachment 82155

Once you have done this follow these simple steps...

i) Start a NEW GAME

ii) Select the 10.3.0 database but ensure that the box marked "change" is ticked

View attachment 82152

iii) On the next screen make sure that the only editor file chosen(with a tick in the adjacent box) is "Calciopoli strikes again.xml"

View attachment 82153

iv) Click on confirm, the game set up will begin

v) Ensure that the only playable nation is Italy, that the lowest active league is at least Serie B, you can use any size database size but ensure that all of the boxes are ticked EXCEPT add key staff members.

View attachment 82154

vi) Click on START GAME

vii) Once started immediately add yourself as the manager of Internazionale FC in Serie B, you can chose any past experience that you like.

You must read the following rules carefully as your entry may be disqualified if you break them.

1) you cannot manage any other nations/clubs and must refuse any jobs offered to you during the challenge.

2) you cannot holiday during any part of the challenge.

3) the corner tactic exploit is banned, as are all exploit tactics such as Mr Hough’s Wonder Tactic.

4) you can only save your game a maximum of 12 times during each part of the challenge, once for every month (so make sure you have disabled the auto-save feature!)

5) on completing each part of the challenge you must post the following screenshots to register your entry and be placed on the leader-board:
Manager profile
Manager history - achievements
Fixtures/results for season
League Table
Transfers
Game status

(If you don't know how to post screenshots, then check out this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/how-to-take-a-screenshot-of-fm-2010-t24007.html)

6) you must provide any other screenshots or details requested by the thread originator, his decision is final!

7) the closing date for entries is 31st July 2010

GOOD LUCK!

LEADERBOARDS

PART ONE
1) Piginho 221pts
2) vesacap 201pts
3) JRobbo 197pts
4) Shake87 195pts
5) ctall 167pts
6) msems09 159pts
7) Shay Given 153pts
8) tux119 141pts

PART TWO
1) vesacap 231pts
2) Shake87 176pts
3) ctall 76pts
4) tux119 54pts

Last edited:
You really do put in a great effort to these challenges! I salute you. I shall keep a look out on this one, seems a very, very tough challenge, though won't be competing.

You really do put in a great effort to these challenges! I salute you. I shall keep a look out on this one, seems a very, very tough challenge, though won't be competing.

Thanks Mike, a little imagination unlocks loads of possibilities in FM2010!

Think this CotM may actually be a bit easier than the previous two but it should still be a lot of fun trying to lift Inter back up to where they belong.

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

you should probably say if installments can be used ;)

No problem with installments being used, finances aren't in a good way to start with anyway!

As long as everyone is on a level playing field, the biggest challenge is in doing better than the other participants! ;)

Have to agree with Mike, you really do put a lot of work into these things, but also like Mike, I won't be taking part. :'(
Sorry, it's just that I can't get into foreign games about teams that I don't know about/never heard of etc.

ill probably take part in part 1 and maybe part 2 depending on how i get on

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Have to agree with Mike, you really do put a lot of work into these things, but also like Mike, I won't be taking part. :'(
Sorry, it's just that I can't get into foreign games about teams that I don't know about/never heard of etc.
Its Inter Milan "dont know/never heard of"???

No problem Sam, thanks for the kind words of support mate, appreciate it!

...but you haven't heard of Inter Milan?! :D

where i can post my suces in part 1 and part 2 ???

you really are quite good at these challenges :O i'll definitely be taking part ;)

Hi Pompey_Dan

I like the look of this challenge very much and applaud your imagination.......what a great story line!!

Not sure if I'll get a chance to do either or both parts 1 & 2 as very busy July, but I'll certainly try to fit it in.

I have just one observation and one query however. Query....rule v) says that only playable nation should be Italy, so does this leave us free to add players from whatever other nations we want?

Observation......If you supply the database modification, but unlike the last game, do not provide a saved game as a start point, unless you have changed every variable stat player i.e. -10, -9, -8 etc., to a fixed stat player, everyone is not on a level playing field as each new game will start with all these players having random PA within their range.

Providing a saved game as a start point gets around this, at least until regens come into the picture. It's just an observation and won't stop me from giving it a go, but may be worth bearing in mind for future challenges.

But again, great challenge and superb imagination. I hope a lot more people try this and make a much longer leader board.

Go on everyone, give it a go, you'll really enjoy it.

Very hard challenge and excellent idea I must admit.Great way to see how your skill actually is.This is exactly what i'm needed,so i'm gona try.

I'l give it a go.
I have only ever played with Birmingham before

Welcome to all new entrants and GL! :)

where i can post my suces in part 1 and part 2 ???

Post your screenshots on this thread, also feel free to give a brief update or two of how you're getting on if you like.

Hi Pompey_Dan

I like the look of this challenge very much and applaud your imagination.......what a great story line!!

Not sure if I'll get a chance to do either or both parts 1 & 2 as very busy July, but I'll certainly try to fit it in.

I have just one observation and one query however. Query....rule v) says that only playable nation should be Italy, so does this leave us free to add players from whatever other nations we want?

Observation......If you supply the database modification, but unlike the last game, do not provide a saved game as a start point, unless you have changed every variable stat player i.e. -10, -9, -8 etc., to a fixed stat player, everyone is not on a level playing field as each new game will start with all these players having random PA within their range.

Providing a saved game as a start point gets around this, at least until regens come into the picture. It's just an observation and won't stop me from giving it a go, but may be worth bearing in mind for future challenges.

But again, great challenge and superb imagination. I hope a lot more people try this and make a much longer leader board.

Go on everyone, give it a go, you'll really enjoy it.

Thanks mate, hope the reigning champ can find the time to enter this month. ;)

In answer to your question yes you can load up as large a database as you'd like including players from a specific nation.

Hadn't thought about the variable potential of some players, good point. That said it's a level field in as much as no-one can know which of those players is gonna make it in their game save. I will bear it in mind for future challenges though.

Dan you should have tried Juventus or Roma

Why's that buddy?

Fantastic storyline, and I would urge people who don't play in foreign leagues to give them a whirl - I always find that I enjoy games more when I play in different nations as I go, learning about clubs and players that I wasn't aware of.

I'm having a go, can't guarantee that I'll have any success mind.

i told my friends and family about it. they didnt seem to care as much :S

Downloaded your database changes, followed your instructions to start a new game and came to only one conclusion after seeing what you had done to Inter.......you have a sick, twisted and sadistic mind.........and I love it!!

Don't know why you think this one may be easier than last months?

It's easier to list what's still good about inter, as it wouldn't take very long.

I think this is a mammoth challenge and I won't spoil it by saying any more than was said in the opening post, but everyone should download the database changes and start a new game. Even if just to see what I'm talking about.

Once you see the scale of the challenge you'll want to see if your man(ager) enough to handle it. Go on....I dare you.

Downloaded your database changes, followed your instructions to start a new game and came to only one conclusion after seeing what you had done to Inter.......you have a sick, twisted and sadistic mind.........and I love it!!

Don't know why you think this one may be easier than last months?

It's easier to list what's still good about inter, as it wouldn't take very long.

I think this is a mammoth challenge and I won't spoil it by saying any more than was said in the opening post, but everyone should download the database changes and start a new game. Even if just to see what I'm talking about.

Once you see the scale of the challenge you'll want to see if your man(ager) enough to handle it. Go on....I dare you.

*evil laugh* (6)

It is a test in bringing out the best in your players and tactics, but I'm sure that you're up to the task! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.