FM Base Challenge of the Month 4 (August)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompey_Dan

theboydonegood.net
Reaction score
IT'S BACK!

Are you bored of your usual Football Manager game?
Do you want a test to your finely honed managerial skills?
Do you want to compete against other fm-base members without the need for a network game?

Then the Challenge of the month could be just what you've been looking for!

Each month we will post a new challenge, exploring all corners of the Football Manager world. Most challenges are no more than one season long so it doesn’t require any great commitment.

The challenges aren't always easy and a good understanding of Football Manager 2010 is required. But you can play at your own pace and the number of entries is not restricted, so if at first you don't succeed try again!

Last month we challenged you to return a disgraced Internazionale team to Serie A after they were found guilty of match fixing and their top players had left in disgust. Big shouts go out to Piginho and Vesacap who topped the leader-boards for parts one and two of the challenge respectively, well played lads!

Now, it’s time we moved a little closer to home and this month’s challenge brings us to the English Premier League. Interested? Read on and all will be revealed!

Read the OP carefully as it will give you instructions on setting the game up together with the rules you must abide by.

picture.php

FM Base Challenge of the Month 4 (August): “The Hull of Fame”

English side Hull City shocked the football world when, on 7th July 2009, they announced that they had persuaded «««««« to come out of retirement to play for the club in the forthcoming Premier League season.

Hull chairman Adam Pearson told Sky Sports News: “This is a major coup for the club. The thought of «««««« wearing the gold and black of Hull City in the Premier League is a mouth watering prospect!”

picture.php

You are the new Hull City manager and you must save them from the drop, but who is their new signing ««««««? Well, you decide!

There are four different legendary players to pick from: Zinedane Zidane, Luis Figo, Pavel Nedved and Alan Shearer. Once you have made your selection download the appropriate game-save from the links below.

Using the attached game-saves, entrants are tasked with saving Hull City from relegation whilst getting the best out of their inspired but ageing star signing.

Challenge points are scored as follows:

+1pt for every league point Hull secure and...

+4pts for every “Man of the Match” your Hull of Fame signing is awarded.
+2pts for every goal or assist by your Hull of Fame signing.
-1pt for every yellow card your Hull of Fame signing picks up.
-3pts for every mistake leading to a goal by Hull of Fame signing.
-5pts for every red card your Hull of Fame signing is shown.

In the event of a tied leader-board your Hull of Fame signing’s average rating will determine the order participants are listed.

The better you can get your Hull of Fame signing to play the more points you score, so think about tactics and training (after all, he’s no use to you in the treatment room!)

SET UP

To participate in this challenge you should download one of the attached game-saves and save to c:\username\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (ZIDANE):
ZSHARE
WINRAR: View attachment 93666

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (FIGO):
ZSHARE
WINRAR: View attachment 93667

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (NEDVED):
ZSHARE
WINRAR: View attachment 93668

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (SHEARER):
ZSHARE
WINRAR: View attachment 93669

Once the game has loaded add yourself as manager (you can use any past experience you like) and select the team HULL CITY to manage. The game date should be 7th July 2009 and your next game will be a friendly match.

RULES

You must read the following rules carefully as your entry may be disqualified if you break them.

1) you cannot manage any other nations/clubs and must refuse any jobs offered to you during the challenge.

2) you cannot holiday during any part of the challenge.

3) the corner tactic exploit is banned, as are all exploit tactics such as Mr Hough’s Wonder Tactic.

4) you can only save your game a maximum of 6 times during the challenge, (once for every 2 months, so make sure you have disabled the auto-save feature!)

5) on completing the challenge you must post the following screenshots to register your entry and be placed on the leader-board:

Manager profile
Manager history - achievements
Fixtures/results for season (showing goalscorers)
League Table
Player profile screen (of your chosen Hull of Fame signing)
Player stats screen (of your chosen Hull of Fame signing)
Game status

(If you don't know how to post screenshots, then check out this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/how-to-take-a-screenshot-of-fm-2010-t24007.html)

6) you must provide any other screenshots or details requested by the thread originator, his decision is final!

7) the closing date for entries is 31st August 2010

GOOD LUCK!

«««LEADERBOARD«««

1) Tezz (Shearer) 137pts (Av. Rating 7.31)
2) scouse2006 (Nedved) 137pts (Av. Rating 7.26)
3) potthead (Shearer) 133pts (Av. Rating 7.10)

4) dixie_ijd (Shearer) 133pts (Av. Rating 7.08)
5) joebax86 (Shearer) 132pts
6) madmonkey (Shearer) 131pts
7) RKJ (Zidane) 125pts
8) Freiromanix (Zidane) 123pts
9) vesacap (Zidane) 111pts
10) atsarialoo (Nedved) 109pts
11) iankay (Zidane) 86pts
12) *Tank* (Shearer) 61pts
13) pudders (Shearer) 82pts (but relegated!)

Last edited:
yaayyyyy :D your best one yet, this looks well exciting, imma choose zidane :D lets goooo

Wouldn't it be helpful to post screenshots of Shearer, Figo, Zidane and Nedved so we can make a more informed decision :)

Nice idea.il give this a shot.are we allowed to make any signings?

To anyone who asks about signings. Hull are 140k over the wagebudget with 0 transfers. So if you want to spend you'll have to sell. I'm going to do this one just because its my team.

so first game against blackburn and won 5-1 oO) happy with that, zidane netted 2 aswell :D

Can anyone confirm what age the players start at, i noticed Shearer was 38 ? how old are the rest of um ?

Someone post screenies of them all? I wanna see Nedved!

I have Downloaded The Zshare File of shearer on My Mac but When I click on it , it automatically loads up FM09 :S What do I do ?

it pains me to say it but surely shearer is the obvious choice. His goals alone will win the challenge.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I have Downloaded The Zshare File of shearer on My Mac but When I click on it , it automatically loads up FM09 :S What do I do ?

you dont open it up directly, save it the games folder i think

you dont open it up directly, save it the games folder i think[/QUOTE]

I just Got it Loaded Cheers Mate :)

Last edited:
You said instalments can we add some wonga then cause is this supposed to be a challange and also can we use StuWs 10.3.2 update.

What update is this because when I go to download it nothing works.

Here you go lads a screenshot of all four of them

You said instalments can we add some wonga then cause is this supposed to be a challange and also can we use StuWs 10.3.2 update.

What update is this because when I go to download it nothing works.

You can't make any adjustment to the game using FMRTE or any other editors. You'll have to make money by selling players if you want to delve into the transfer Market but remember the challenge is about getting the best out of one particular player!

NB: the attached files are game-saves not database files!

ill do it , do i need to provide screenies to sign up?

Status
Not open for further replies.