FM-Base.co.uk podcast: Coming Soon..?

Would you be interested in a podcast..?

• Yes

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
Would have to be excellently planned out and well edited.

Also might want to avoid "FM-Base podcast" if you don't mention the forum or site regardless of who you "interview"

I agree with Redders. It's all well and good talking the talk but you need to make sure it's flawless

The SI podcasts are far too long winded and boring. Too many gaps and they end up just talking away about dribble to fill space. I just don't want to see it go down that road. If you have the time then do a few takes to perfect it.

Make sure you know exactly what topics you are going to talk about and maybe set a time limit for each one.

I think it might work better with a group of members, rather than just yourself. I'm not being rude but I would rather listen to a few different opinions on football and not just your own.

Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. I am all up for helping out.
You could include site news, good fm stories, tactics, training, useful threads. I wouldn't get too personal with members. I made a small joke about a thread in my sig and got slaughtered for it. Imagine if Jake said something unjust on the podcast....by gosh!

I agree with Redders. It's all well and good talking the talk but you need to make sure it's flawless

The SI podcasts are far too long winded and boring. Too many gaps and they end up just talking away about dribble to fill space. I just don't want to see it go down that road. If you have the time then do a few takes to perfect it.

Make sure you know exactly what topics you are going to talk about and maybe set a time limit for each one.

I think it might work better with a group of members, rather than just yourself. I'm not being rude but I would rather listen to a few different opinions on football and not just your own.

Hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. I am all up for helping out.
You could include site news, good fm stories, tactics, training, useful threads. I wouldn't get too personal with members. I made a small joke about a thread in my sig and got slaughtered for it. Imagine if Jake said something unjust on the podcast....by gosh!

Cheers for the advice, will definatley use this.

And the podcasts should aim to be 20-30 minutes in length (at the very longest!)

I think it would be good to have 3 or 4 "regular" people on the podcast and a different guest each time round, and maybe have some regular "sections" in it to keep it organised - maybe one part on the site, one on Premiership football, one on lower leagues, one on foreign football, and maybe a mention or shout-out to a user on Base who is maybe making good threads or is an all-around good member of/contributor to the site?
I'm thinking if it needs to be 20-30 minutes long each section (excluding the mention/shout-out) could be 5-8 minutes?

I'd definitely listen to it. It's a nice idea and something that I think many people would like to listen to.

But for it to work, each episode will need a good pre-defined structure and plenty of research and reading before the recording. The last thing anybody wants to listen to is uninformed rambling about any topic.

Some possible suggestions for segments:

• Any important news regarding FM-B
  • Brief round up of hot topics/discussions on FM-B
  • Any other general FM news.
  • A user Q&A where users can send in questions via the Forums/Facebook/Twitter
  • Look forward to the weekend football fixtures (popular teams & teams of the presenters/guests)

I think once Podcast every 2/3 weeks is enough. But obviously if you feel there is enough content to do one, then once a week will be fine.

The podcast will be able to be added to the iTunes library I assume so adding in some general talk/discussion about Football will always help attract a few users who aren't regular visitors to FM-Base.

I'd definitely listen to it. It's a nice idea and something that I think many people would like to listen to.

But for it to work, each episode will need a good pre-defined structure and plenty of research and reading before the recording. The last thing anybody wants to listen to is uninformed rambling about any topic.

So basically, do the opposite of everything in the Official FM Podcast?

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly use Formspring for the Q&A,
Then we can hear the questions getting answered on air, but also be able to log on and read them, and some other questions that aren't interesting enough to make it to air.
Just a suggestion...

Possibly use Formspring for the Q&A,
Then we can hear the questions getting answered on air, but also be able to log on and read them, and some other questions that aren't interesting enough to make it to air.
Just a suggestion...

Why not just use the forum...

So basically, do the opposite of everything in the Official FM Podcast?

I wish we had went on it when we were invited. I am sure you and I would have brightened the place up a bit?

Ok I PM'ed you it instead, did you get that?

Looks nice, especially with the gossip of the base, I won't take part in this (because I'll end up saying that Yakubu is the world's quickest player :p), but will be an avid listener, and make sure you mention Editing :)

any progress on this, would have really liked this :(?

Anything happening with this then, to re-iterate what Nick said?

Doesn't look like this is coming then, looked really interesting as well.

If you also play music, then you might have to pay money for the rights of the music. In order to keep the costs low (read: nothing) i recommend to use only tracks that are free from music rights. (Watch out with remixes or bootlegs ;)

I also would recommend to make a good plan for the show (format) so the listeners know what to expect if they want to listen again.

I wish you lots of fun.