Great job with this!
I have a feeling my player will drop out of football within 12 months - looks like a Sunday league player!

Altrincham to the top with Alotof Talent as a future Golden Ball winner!!

Yay my first fan! but who wouldn't love a giant aggressive monster who also likes to argues with officials ;)
He's got to get past Batheron first, and believe me that will be difficult Batheron is technically superior and will be less likely to spend time on the sideline suspended. ;)

Altrincham to the top with Alotof Talent as a future Golden Ball winner!!
Alty are going to need him most of their squad this season is poor to say the very least, unfortunately for me as an Alty fan :(

He's got to get past Batheron first, and believe me that will be difficult Batheron is technically superior and will be less likely to spend time on the sideline suspended. ;)

Finally! The Mountain vs Baratheon* ;)

*Batheron

Alty are going to need him most of their squad this season is poor to say the very least, unfortunately for me as an Alty fan :(

Hmm maybe that I need to switch clubs early in my career lol

That mighty 2 natural fitness. Gonna be a rough ride!

My player looks good! Can't wait for updates on this now :)

Meh, Pinto-Murley should be captain with his whole 1 leadership!

Just a brief update on how updates are going to work - for the first couple of seasons, it'll be two months in an update hopefully, where I'll cover results, and keep you up to date on all the players. With international call ups, this should mean I actually have matches to keep you up to date on.

Actual player screenshots will occur on the 10th June every year. Otherwise uploading 41 screenshots minimum every month may take a while...

Just a brief update on how updates are going to work - for the first couple of seasons, it'll be two months in an update hopefully, where I'll cover results, and keep you up to date on all the players. With international call ups, this should mean I actually have matches to keep you up to date on.

Actual player screenshots will occur on the 10th June every year. Otherwise uploading 41 screenshots minimum every month may take a while...

Sounds good!

Spoiler for the update coming later today - two players just made the full international squad for their countries.

Last edited:
How often will updates be do you think? Not game wise, like IRL, once a week? Or you aiming for as often as possible?

How often will updates be do you think? Not game wise, like IRL, once a week? Or you aiming for as often as possible?

I would imagine they'll be more frequent during the week if anything. I like to try play some of the longer games like Civ VI or Motorsport Manager over the weekend, so FM can take a back seat occasionally. That and I have to occasionally venture into the outside world and be social as well...

Having said that, every time I hit the magic two month marker, I'll try get the update done that same day.

And so it begins...

Technically here is a 3 month update, but we'll ignore the semantics for now. Pre-season was hardly worth writing home about anyway, with me attempting to find a suitable combination, before sulking and passing it over to Cornelius Jol to deal with.

My priority was the opening day at home to Gosport. Much like Bonaparte, Urquidi was the early trail-blazer, scoring the opening goal of the season for us. Telstar was another bright spark at the start of the season, with 2 goals in 2 games before picking up an injury. Notthatbright was a handy partner to Urquidi up top, but again injuries took effect as he missed 4 weeks.

With three clean sheets in a row, the defeat to Hampton in the 94th minute was extremely disappointing, Lowerson doing a fair imitation of Gerrard against Uruguay. We recovered though, scoring 15 in the next 3 matches. Dahnert made use of his training as a striker to come off the bench and score a hattrick against Hemel, in our first meeting with Hemel captain Steo.

International call ups as expected caused postponements, and that might cause an issue down the line, but for now, we dealt with it well. A few players have expressed concerns on playing time, but as explained to them, they played badly last time out, so they had to sit out for a bit. It's kept them amused for now.

View attachment 102187

As you would expect at this early stage, we sit pretty at the top of the table. The player ratings are dominated by us, but Itamar Gissin also features on the assists chart. Meanwhile, East Thurrock are benefitting from USA international Nate Kronos up top - more on that next month.

View attachment 102186

Our fellow players in the north are also getting in some good game time. Lewis is leading the midfield very handily at Telford, whilst Talent and Scully have formed a solid defensive pairing for Altrincham after a shaky start. DanW has also impressed at Gloucester, helping them to just outside the playoffs.

View attachment 102182

In terms of our players, there are a couple of standouts. Urquidi has impressed alongside Alarcon, and recently celebrated joining up with the Mexico full squad for the first time. Charlie Bond has been a rock at the back, with Lowerson, Harris or Jameson generally joining him. Surprise performer for me has been Silva, who came through a rocky pre-season to shine so far. So far he's kept Murley out the team, although he has also impressed when called upon.

The two CAM's have suffered a bit as a result of moving to a 4-4-2 recently, but both have appeared in more forward roles in recent times. Hawkins is now also looking at dropping out to the wing as well to provide cover and work more opportunities - especially with Telstars ability to pick up minor niggles and take an extra day or two to recover from them.

The keeper battle is fierce, with both getting opportunities. Both have picked up four clean sheets so far, with Dale picking up a solitary assist. Meanwhile, Lippopodopolis has come to the revelation that he'd be good enough for England... before immediately joining up with Greece. Go figure.

Lastly, captain Darnho has led well from the centre, and is often well involved playing the BBM role in the middle. The other four midfielders are largely jostling for position next to him, but there is yet to be a standout candidate in that role.

View attachment 102180

Haha, my guy seems as scattered brained as me! I'm Greek with Australian heritage so I'll play for England! Oh, wait. Nah, that wont work, Greece will do :p

Maybe there needs to be an experimental formation incorporating 2 left backs? Fit them both in!