FM Base Internationals - Results Thread

Sorry, should have mentioned your team is in the top division of your countries league

Not playing in first round but for future reference my steam name is "Weiry" profile pic is Randy from South Park

No other games played so far? Looks like me and Znik could be the opener tonight then, no pressure...

No other games played so far? Looks like me and Znik could be the opener tonight then, no pressure...
Nah, me and Eoin are hopefully playing in a minute :p

EDIT: We've played, and it's safe to say we started with a bang - will do the report later.

Last edited:
If every game is like that i'll have to retire due to the high possibilities of having a heart attack.

Maximus and I are going to try to play in ten hours or so but that's pretty late where I am so unsure if it'll happen. Will try though!

Good luck! Hopefully have a strong start from the Irish!

I've PM'd my opponent, hopefully play at the weekend.

Thankfully, I have the week off, although if anyone is able to reach Joshster and remind him he has a game, that would be useful.

FMBI Tournament starts with a bang!
The FMBI Tournament started tonight with a spectacular game between me and EionMcG - defending certainly wasn't at it's finest!

The game started off evenly enough, although it was obvious from the outset that the England defence was not up to the job - Mustafi in particular looking out of his depth.
No surprise then when Scotland's opener came from poor defending by Mustafi. A long ball over the top sailed harmlessly over his head (literally, he just stood and watched it -_- ) and to the feet of Kane. The traitor wasn;t going to miss. 0-1.
The game wore on with England becoming more dominant, but crucially not testing Ter Stegen. And their soft underbelly was exposed again when Scotland doubled their lead - a decent through ball was easily got to first by the Scotland player (Can't remember who, but it was ahead of Mustafi...) who squared it to James R to tap in. 0-2
I was getting a bit annoyed by now, we weren't playing that bad - we just hadn't had a shot on target and couldn't defend to save our lives!
Thankfully, Neymar came to our rescue - stabbing home from a through ball from KDB. 1-2
Straight from the kick-off, Scotland went down the other end and a Mario Fernandes cross was smashed home by James R. Who was at fault? You guessed it - Mustafi! -_-

Half Time - England 1-3 Scotland.
Double change at HT for England - Stones and Coutinho on for Mustafi and KDB.

The 2nd half passed for the first 15 minutes without an incident to report. Then, 61st minute and we had a corner. Alaba swung it in, and Stones was there to force it home. 2-3!
And then in typical fashion the very next highlight is Scotland scoring again - Kane finishing a one-on-one with Cech. 2-4!
I then had a choice - I either subbed off Fabregas or Higuain. In the end, I went for Fabregas, replaced by Gundogan.
Then, a manic few minutes. First, a neat team move ends with a tap-in for Coutinho. 3-4!
Then, we quickly get the ball back from the kick-off and Neymar steals in ahead of Mascherano to force home Coutinho's cross. 4-4!!! And Eoin is fuming :p
Then it's my turn to be fuming, as after having made all 3 subs, Neymar is forced off injured. Chance for Scotland presumably? No. England are all over them now - but we can't finish to save our life. If only we had switched striker eh?
Then, a scary moment as a backpass doesn't have the necessary power and Cech refuses to come out to smash it. He picks it up just before Kane can nip in - but I honestly thought it was outside the area!

We keep on pressurizing but neither team can get the decisive goal - meaning the first game of the FMBI finishes: ENGLAND 4-4 SCOTLAND.

A great game, probably didn't deserve a winner - although I won 6-4 AET, with the Scots losing a man to a red card within 3 minutes of the restart xD

View attachment 184759

Great game EoinMcG - really hope the next one is a little bit less stressful :p

Messi and Ronaldo are about to face off in their first match, World Cup winner vs complete unknown on the manager front.

Thanks Otter, for a very tight and even game. Match rapport will be up tomorrow morning!

Well that was definitely an experience. Znik will do a report in the morning

Thanks Znik awesome game played in the best of spirits

Last edited:
Scandinavia off to dream start!

View attachment 184479 VS View attachment 184478
Entertaining action as Scandinavia and Ireland kick off their battle.

In one of the opening games of the FM Base Internationals Tournament, the Scandinavians kicked off against the Irish in a spirited affair. In a battle feauturing Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, it ended up being a battle between the two goalkeepers.

Early on, the Scandinavians took control of the game, pumping several dangerous crosses into the box without creating any big chances. As the game evened out, the Irish took over, lead by a fighting James McCarthy.

However, during this dull spell, the Scandinavians worked the ball forward to Carlos Tevez, who chipped it up to Ronaldo. He helplessly headed the ball goalwards from 16 yards, in an effort that looked more like a backpass...

But as Buffon was a bystander, along with the rest of the Irish defence. Arjen Robben rushed in to volley it home from a tight angle. 1-0 to the Vikings.

Robben picked up a slight knock soon after, and was replaced by Daniele de Rossi. The experienced Italian looking to take control of the midfield battle. The game became a tight faught battle, with both teams creating chances, but David De Gea looked unbeatable in the Scandinavian goal. Both Messi and Ronaldo were denied by the woodwork, but we looked to be heading for half-time at 1-0 when the Scandinavians managed to string a couple of passes together. The ball was worked into Carlos Tevez, who picked up the surprising run of defensive midfielder De Rossi. The through pass was perfect, and De Rossi hammered the ball passed Buffon with his left.

Soon after, the Vikings were at it again. After a brilliant flowing move down the right, Stephan Lichtsteiner found Ronaldo with a good cross. Ronaldo produced a majestic leap to send the ball towards the far corner with a thumping header. Buffon could do nothing as the Scandinavians took a 3-0 lead into the break.
At this point, the Irish must have felt desperately unlucky. The game was completely even, as both teams had an equal share of possession and chances. Bernat replaced Alex Sandro, who had struggled down the left for Ireland, and the teams kicked off the second half.

The game died a bit, but both teams still had decent chances. However, De Gea refused to be beaten, denying both Müller, Messi and Benzema for the Irish.

15 minutes from time, the Scandinavian left back, Ricardo Rodriguez was found by a Ribery pass, on the edge of the area. He hammered a shot goalwards, and Buffon, who could not see the shot, was beaten once again. 4-0 to the Scandinavians!
All that was left to save for the Irish was a bit of honor. But of course, when you have that special player, who can produce something out of nothing, anything is possible. And at this point in time, the Irish manager, Otter, had brought on just that special player.
I am of course speaking of.... Shane Long.

Picking up the ball deep in his own half, Long played a one-two with Mata, and made a lung-bursting run to get on the end of his through pass. His finish into the bottom corner was exquisite, and De Gea was finally beaten. 4-1!

Long played like a player possessed. The duo of Messi and Long (how often can you say that) looked dangerous every attack, and combined very well. But unfortunately for the Irish, they ran out of time. The ref blew the final whistle, and the Scandinavians had stolen what was essentially a very even game, with a comfortable 4-1 score.

View attachment 184461

Question, where do we submit the screenshots if we win? Do we have to email them to you or something Godfish?

Just asking in case, by whatever chance, I actually manage to win later :D

Question, where do we submit the screenshots if we win? Do we have to email them to you or something Godfish?

Just asking in case, by whatever chance, I actually manage to win later :D

Do as AW and Znik have done above, post them in the thread with a little report. Very similar to what we did with the Ashes last FM.