FM Base Internationals - Results Thread

I PM'd him 2 days back as well, to try to see if he's had any luck making contact. No response yet though, maybe the Scandinavians need to look for a backup member!

Shoot Pat a pm. I know at one stage he was considering joining you guys. Be warned though, i will be calling him a traitor & such throughout :p

View attachment 183550

A drab affair was played out in this FM-Base International match with Brendn's Ireland side snatching the
winner just before injury time. A draw was probably a fair result as both teams defending well; both
goalkeepers making vital saves. Still, a massive 3 points from the boys in green as we lost our opening
against the Scandinavian side.

Stats

Great game, but poor finishing all around. Dissapointed to see Messi and Ronaldo perform so poorly :D

As it stands, Ireland/Scandinavia goes to the decider, whilst Scotland need to beat England in the last match to claim a point. All to play for for Aus/USA.

USA level tie vs Australia
View attachment 183506
In what was a great end to end game the US levelled the tie against Australia.

Aubameyang got the US ahead after 12 minutes Reus found Lukaku open out wide and he crossed in for Aubameyang to head past Ryan in the Australian goal.

Ozil doubled the lead after 19 minutes, a Reus cross missed his target but, Hulk at the back post passed to Ozil and he had a tap in at the back post and made no mistake.

Suarez pulled a goal back after 27, Costa crossed to him at the back post and he volleyed past Lloris who had no chance.

Hulk scored after 41 minutes to put us two goals ahead going into half time. After a great tackle stopped Suarez getting in on goal we quickly countered, Lukaku passed up to Reus out wide and he cut a pass back for Hulk to volley in from 12 yards out.

USA 3-1 Australia HT

Reus got us three goals ahead after 53 minutes, from a cross that smacked on the bar we quickly countered Lukaku slipped in Reus and he rifled a low shot in past Ryan.

Sanchez pulled a goal back after 67 minutes Hazard whipped in a good cross and Sanchez was unmarked to tap in at the back post.

Pogba made it a 1 goal game after 81 minutes, Hazard floated in a cross and Pogba rose highest to head past Lloris and in.

Lukaku esnured that the USa levelled the series with a 90th minute goal,he took in an Ozil pass on the edge of the box beat Cheillini and the fired past Ryan to round of a great game by him

USA 5-3 Australia

Thanks, to Yeti for what was a great game that was fun to watch and played in good spirits

theJoshster is currently showing as AWOL for the last week, so should it be necessary, I'll step into the void created provided everyone is fine with that. Same applies for Scandanavia and c0y0te/Pat should that happen.

theJoshster is currently showing as AWOL for the last week, so should it be necessary, I'll step into the void created provided everyone is fine with that. Same applies for Scandanavia and c0y0te/Pat should that happen.

I think that's fine, we all have to be flexible if this is going to work.

Weiry may be able to play if Maximus is away as well, I'll PM both guys & see where we stand.

The only team with a guaranteed point as it stands is England, so it's all to play for in the last 3. Grianaig, PM me when you are about next, and we'll settle our tie.

USA 5-3 Australia

Thanks, to Yeti for what was a great game that was fun to watch and played in good spirits

Thanks for the game Ninja and putting up with my connectivity issues over the past few days!!

PatrickLFC has been confirmed as honorary Scandinavian. He'll step in to play Disclaimer!

PatrickLFC has been confirmed as honorary Scandinavian. He'll step in to play Disclaimer!

That's great news :)

I'm usually only free at the weekend but I'll try and free myself up from work for a game tomorrow evening (uk time). I'll PM @Pat and we can discuss a time.

I have still not heard back from Maximus so I am going to give Weiry the go ahead to beat MK & seal the tie for the Aussies.

P.S. You suck Patrick! :p

You wont know what hurt is until i whip you next round when the Aussies face the Scandinavians! ;)

Yea can't wait to play Weiry although question: is it possible to postpone til this weekend? That is when we are both truly free tbh..

Godfish

Your pm box is full

My bad. Will be around Thursday all day if you want to get the game done then.

Round 1 to end Saturday. RII to start on Sunday, and run for a week, otherwise we'll get massively behind.