FM Base League: Ideas and Discussion

Beat me to it :P

I've it since updated to include all 18 rounds.

Yeah, :P Guess you could try to take it out on me in the final game! Anyway, got David H 1st, feel quite comfident! Then, I have MANUMAD and Calcal, which will be interesting!

Yeah, :P Guess you could try to take it out on me in the final game! Anyway, got David H 1st, feel quite comfident! Then, I have MANUMAD and Calcal, which will be interesting!

I have MANUMAD away first: I get to take on the veteran first game and see where I stand :P

You can blame FM for the fixture list. I just quickly created a 10 team league in the editor and copied the fixture list they drew up :P.

We can draw up the cup on Week 3 or 4. I just want to consintrate on getting this started and not mess up by having too much ont eh go at the once :P

Okay guys, here's where the fun part comes, This is all of our story! :D
I've reserved the first 4 posts so I can update the League table, Fixture list (if necessary), post our squads and players stats. Win Streaks, games scored in, ect.

We can all post updates, preparations we're planning. Fancy pretending to interview yourself, throw it up there :P
Making it feel immersive for everyone else should really help us build a solid fan group as this league could generate quite a following :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-manager-base-premier-league.html#post2551268

I have MANUMAD away first: I get to take on the veteran first game and see where I stand :P

You can blame FM for the fixture list. I just quickly created a 10 team league in the editor and copied the fixture list they drew up :P.

We can draw up the cup on Week 3 or 4. I just want to consintrate on getting this started and not mess up by having too much ont eh go at the once :P

Spell much? :) I think that MANUMAD may be favourite, but I have no idea of anywhere else! Although, some of my friends think I'm amazing because I had a 66 game unbeaten streak with Liverpool, but it was on Classic and only using IR, so that'll be interesting! A question, are we allowed Download tactics or do we make our own? Making our own would be the true tactical test. Brains vs Brains. :) Thanks for this anyway! :D

Spell much? :) I think that MANUMAD may be favourite, but I have no idea of anywhere else! Although, some of my friends think I'm amazing because I had a 66 game unbeaten streak with Liverpool, but it was on Classic and only using IR, so that'll be interesting! A question, are we allowed Download tactics or do we make our own? Making our own would be the true tactical test. Brains vs Brains. :) Thanks for this anyway! :D

I'm grand either way to be honest. Both have their pros and cons.

Downloading a tactic means you get a really good tactic but will you be able to counter an opponents tactic? Eg. 1 striker formations can be dealt with quite comfortably with a 3-at-the-back variation of many popular tactics. Also, If you study the tactics on the forum you can prepare in advance system to deal with them whereas a tactic you've just made up on th spot is un-scouted and will need to be dealt with on the spot.

Using a Forum Tactic against actual people carries just as many cons as it does Pros in my opinion.

I'm grand either way to be honest. Both have their pros and cons.

Downloading a tactic means you get a really good tactic but will you be able to counter an opponents tactic? Eg. 1 striker formations can be dealt with quite comfortably with a 3-at-the-back variation of many popular tactics. Also, If you study the tactics on the forum you can prepare in advance system to deal with them whereas a tactic you've just made up on th spot is un-scouted and will need to be dealt with on the spot.

Using a Forum Tactic against actual people carries just as many cons as it does Pros in my opinion.

Ah, ok. :) Creating a Prediction table now. Know where a few people may be but the others, I may struggle. :)

Ah, ok. :) Creating a Prediction table now. Know where a few people may be but the others, I may struggle. :)

Just my two cents on the matter. I'd hate to turn people away based solely on if they can create tactics or not.
That should be interesting. As long as I finish top 4, I want that European place :P

Just my two cents on the matter. I'd hate to turn people away based solely on if they can create tactics or not.
That should be interesting. As long as I finish top 4, I want that European place :P
Done the 1st 5, you will find out tomorrow because I'm SHATTERED tonight. :)

i am interested!
o.png

i am interested!
o.png

Sorry mate, We've settled on 10 since it didn't look like anyone else wanted to get involved.
I've already drawn up the fixture list and it would take too much work to change it to include more people.

Feel free to follow the story page (FM-Base Premier League) and show your support there. If this League is successful, I'll definitely be bringing it back in FM16 with 10 people. (Maybe a second division with another 10 if the demand is there :P )

Tezzz's future save files could come in handy for unearthing some unknown superstars???

Just a thought for any of you that are struggling to come up with a strong side, Real Madrid 2050 maybe? ;)

I will be using my 2020 Feyenoord side! Loads of regens..Won't be posting any screenshots as I want to remain mysterious haha

I cant wait for this!!!

Really wished i could have played :'(

Never done this before - so a few questions (sorry (A))

1) I only have on longer save - and have a very strong Arsenal side.. Do not want to cheat by having a very strong team.
2) If players are injured at the time for the export… Are they injured for the match?
3) Never played in versus mode… Someone who can do a quick guide?
4) Just to be clear – we have about 3 days to find a time to do the match?
5) How many highlights are expected/allowed? I normal play on key – any rules on that?

Brendn - Good point.
Can we all agree to export the team on Sunday and not update it as the League goes on. It's mianly an honor system but it'll be quite unfair if the squad you play with in Round One is updated/older/younger/ more developed than the squad you play with in Round 22.

I think MANUMAD is going to be the man to beat!! Target on your back bud! :)

Tezzz's future save files could come in handy for unearthing some unknown superstars???

Just a thought for any of you that are struggling to come up with a strong side, Real Madrid 2050 maybe? ;)

Exactly what I was thinking! :)

Just had A thought, I have the in game editor installed (dont use it for cheating before i get lynched) lol so if you would like me to use a default team I am more than happy to, Saves any future arguments?

EDIT: or I will use a squad of regens from a future save game file.

Well, I've got my United team in 2019. Got some solid players in there and a few regens just about ready to break into the first team. I'm gonna try and play as much as possible over the next couple of days to get some of those regens through :)

Back