FM-Base Light Skin

You all sound so childish, its Seans site no one else's he will custimize it how he likes, the old skin took around 3 weeks to get perfect.

You all sound so childish, its Seans site no one else's he will custimize it how he likes, the old skin took around 3 weeks to get perfect.
Oh the irony. JK telling other people they sound childish.

Look who is being childish tho, its HIS site, he will custimize it as he likes. And I will say again

Actually the previous 2 skins took around 3 weeks to be perfect.

While that may be true, the majority of people should like a new design regardless of their unwillingness to embrace change. That is not the case here. The fact is, as it stands, the site does not look good IMO. I understand he will continue to make changes, but I think the design should have been sorted out before the update was made. In the state it is in, the site may put people off.

No, he has not had to make the site from scratch. FM-base uses vBulletin software and Sean has customised that.
I say again, I appreciate his work, but the design should have been done before the new site was made live.

This is what Jake posted in the feedback thread.
Jake said:
Do people read before slating something?

Sean has upgraded the site onto a totally new version of vbulletin forum software, this change has enabled us to implement a lot of new features for you guys, blogs being a major new feature. The cost is that the old design and layout is no longer compatible, and Sean had to redesign the site from scratch. Please try to comprehend that before you say how much you hate the site. And if you have to slate Sean for the work he has done, at least try and put forward some ideas/suggestions to improve the site.

Sean has already stated his clear willingness and intention to work with members to iron out any teething problems and also to improve the site going forward.

As i said before, everyone hated it when we changed from the old orange design and layout to the green one. If the green one was so bad, why are lots of you demanding for it to be returned? People don't like change, whether good or bad, most people have a knee-jerk negative reaction towards change.

I'm sure the site will grow on the majority of you, especially if/when any improvements/upgrades go live.

Look who is being childish tho, its HIS site, he will custimize it as he likes. And I will say again

Actually the previous 2 skins took around 3 weeks to be perfect.
How is it childish to want a better design? Try harder troll.

This is what Jake posted in the feedback thread.
And? It just confirms what I said. FM-base uses vBullitin software... Which means he cusomised it ie. it wasn't made from scratch. He would have started off with a template design and worked from that. That is how these things work.

Can we get back on topic please...

Last edited:
Stop the petty arguments everyone.

I think the main problem from the redesign is that the white on black is causing strain on some peoples eyes. All those who tested it didn't experience any issues so it's probably why it was released this way. I'm sure things will change eventually to try and reduce this.

If Tharros, or anyone else, wants to make a custom stylesheet you're more than welcome. I use custom stylesheets for a number of websites to customise them to my tastes.

Stop the petty arguments everyone.

I think the main problem from the redesign is that the white on black is causing strain on some peoples eyes. All those who tested it didn't experience any issues so it's probably why it was released this way. I'm sure things will change eventually to try and reduce this.

If Tharros, or anyone else, wants to make a custom stylesheet you're more than welcome. I use custom stylesheets for a number of websites to customise them to my tastes.
Thank you Lee. Finally some sense.

I probably shouldn't have had a go at the new design. I'm sorry if I seemed too critical.

Last edited:
I actually prefer Sean's home page skin to yours in all honesty Tharros but that's just my opinion.

I actually prefer Sean's home page skin to yours in all honesty Tharros but that's just my opinion.
No problem. I guess that some people don't mind the darker colours and the contrast between the colours, while others don't like it at all. Personally the heavy contrast hurts my eyes a bit.

Tharros what would be the Opera equivalent to Stylish? I would like to use that white skin that you have made. Easier on the eyes IMHO.

Tharros what would be the Opera equivalent to Stylish? I would like to use that white skin that you have made. Easier on the eyes IMHO.
I'm not sure as I don't really use Opera that much. I'm sure someone will have made something similar though.

Last edited:

Doesn't Opera have a built in function which allows you to use custom stylesheets?

Thanks, i will happily download it when it is done, im not a fan of the current colours

No problem. I guess that some people don't mind the darker colours and the contrast between the colours, while others don't like it at all. Personally the heavy contrast hurts my eyes a bit.

yeah I read people saying it hurts their eyes but personally I dont get that so I really don't mind the skin

Oh yes it does. Tharros would you mind sharing the stylesheet with us?
Ok, but just remember it is still very early as I've only spent a few hours one it. Quite a bit has not been changed yet. I will continue to update it though. I have a 2 week break from Uni soon so if I haven't finished it before then, I will have it finished during those 2 weeks.

Just press the show code button and copy/paste.

http://userstyles.org/styles/46025/fm-base-light-skin

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not actually sure on it anymore. It should maybe be more of a greyish colour.

Not a big fan of it would be better if it was maybe a dark blue or grey?