Lippo255

Reaction score

The FM-Base Story of the Year Awards

Ok, so this is the thread where people can nominate their favourite stories for the FM15 Story of the year awards. First though, a few rules.

1. Please, before nominating, check that the story you would like to nominate hasn't already been nominated by someone else. If it has, a simple "like" can be used to cast your vote.

2. Everyone may nominate/like multiple stories. If you're anything like me it will be too hard to just choose one!

If you do nominate more then one story please do it in a separate post so its clear which story people are "liking"

3. You may nominate your own story (Brendn :p)

4. Nominations are only open to the Story of the Year/Early Bird Award.

For now nominations for all other awards will be determined by our judging panel until I see how this works. The Early Bird awards will serve as a test run of sorts for the big show!

The judging panel consists of: Myself (Duh), Mike, Yeti01, CantgetenoughofJelavic & Brendn, for anyone who is interested.

5. The nomination period for this set of awards will end a week from today so that's 16/6/2015 at which point I will post a list of the final nominee's & open poll's to decide the winners.

Winner's will be announced on the 1st of July after "voting" period.

6. Have fun with it! I expect a bit of discussion. This is your thread, your awards, so enjoy!

Nominations for the Early Bird

Story of the Year are now

open!!!

Last edited:
So, will whatever gets the most nominations / likes here get thrown into a poll ie strawpoll to decide the ultimate winner?

So, will whatever gets the most nominations / likes here get thrown into a poll ie strawpoll to decide the ultimate winner?

Strawpolls have a maximum of 4 entries so the judges will pick the top 4.

If there are 5 judges: At least 4 judge nominations are needed to go on the starpoll and a judge can't nominate for their own story so the other four judges need to nominate for a story written by one of the judges to get up there.

the strawpoll is then put up for public vote.

Last edited:
Strawpolls have a maximum of 4 entries so the judges will pick the top 4.

If there are 5 judges: At least 4 judge nominations are needed to go on the starpoll and a judge can't nominate for their own story so the other four judges need to nominate for a story written by one of the judges to get up there.

the strawpoll is then put up for public vote.

For the main award the 4 stories with the most votes/likes will be placed into a straw poll. If there is a tie Judges will vote to decide the final line up. From there people can vote for their favourite of the final 4.

The other categories we will just have to argue about until we settle on 4 :p

For the main award the 4 stories with the most votes/likes will be placed into a straw poll. If there is a tie Judges will vote to decide the final line up. From there people can vote for their favourite of the final 4.

The other categories we will just have to argue about until we settle on 4 :p

^^^
This

The only thing I wasn't sure about was didn't those two start after the cutoff though?

I'll throw this one out there - it was one of the first I read when I joined up and I liked that it followed an "off the beaten track" route.

Get It India!