FM Base Story of the Year - OFFICIAL VOTING THREAD

FM Base Story of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know this will come across as bitter but the term 'story' seems to be used loosely. Can I change the name to FM Base Picture Book of the year?

None of the real stories appear to have got close to winning the 'story of the year'....strange that...

Right, final day of voting everyone, and it is incredibly close at the top, so expect a lot of bumps today.

I'm not here from about 10 till 3 so if someone could bump it for me that would be great. :)

Bump

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

bump again....

Personally, I struggle to see how a story where someone has cheated can be classed as the best.

I'm personally more worried that his story was actually really poor, and it's leading. It's a blow to all those who don't just post screenshots.

It's only up there because it ran for so long really - fair play to him for keeping it going, but there are far better stories out there

It's ok, I am sure in the end Redders will edit the poll so either Kris or Jake win. ;)

Ok this is the last bump from me because james said he'll be back at 3 so come on guys get voting!!

Emulating Fergie for me. Great work by KingEric.

Congratulations for every other stories, tho. If you are here you are definitely really good writers/managers

Voting has finished.

After a fantastic 5 week competition, we have our winner, in the form of Astonmatu's Cockfosters story. The story seemed to split the forum, with all voters either loving or hating the controversial tale. What seemed to persuade voters was the length of the story. It's worth pointing out that of the 23 votes for Cockfosters, just four were made by Premium Members.

The full results are here:

1st: Cockfosters to Premier League (Astonmatu)
2nd: Emulating Sir Alex Ferguson: From East Stirlingshire to Old Trafford (KingEric)
3rd: Slaying the Dragons - The English Youth Academy (Eds-99)
4th: It's Hammertime! Can't touch this! (Dan)
5th: Cultural Leonesa: (Jake)
6th: Extracts from a Thought (Mike)
7th: Memoirs of a Slovak (Kris)
= 8th: Dan's East European Adventure (Pompey_Dan)
= 8th: 'The Last Train to Wales'- A Chris Turner Story (Chris)
10th: Tottenham - A Jolly Good Time (Harry Ramsey)
11th: Being Bastian... A Bayern Munich Story (Carine)
12th: 20 years, 19 seasons, a fresh start: The Premier League story (iNickStuff)

Cockfosters got 16.67 % of the 138 votes cast. 138 votes smashed the amount I thought we would get, so that is fantastic, well done everyone. The competition has been a pleasure to organise and run, and I simply cannot wait till the same time next year. I'd also likely to thank everyone for keeping the quarrels down to a squabble about the legitimacy of the winning story, so thanks on that one.

Finally, another interesting fact is that if the competition had been Premium Members only, these would have been the results:

1st: Emulating Sir Alex Ferguson: From East Stirlingshire to Old Trafford (KingEric)
2nd: Cultural Leonesa: (Jake)
3rd: Slaying the Dragons - The English Youth Academy (Eds-99)

Good night everyone, and well done!

Interesting to see how the comp would have gone if just the Premium Members were included.

Astonmatu shouldn't have won imo, he only went on for so long because he did so well, and he wouldn't have done so well if he didn't cheat.

Hmm. Well my choice didn't win, but i'm also not sure that Cockfosters should have. Anyway, congratulations to AstonMatu, KingEric, and Eds for the top 3 spots.

Honoured to have beaten some really phenomenal stories - and proud to be below KingEric, well done, very good story that.

Personally would have ordered it completely differently, but that's just me.

if he cheated he shouldn't have won IMO

King Eric did his fair and he came 2nd :S

Well done James for running this so good. Also how did Astonmatu cheat , dont remeber reading the story ?